• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

for those who are in their 40s or above, how's your gaming reflex? specifically for competitive games.

how's your gaming reflex these days when it comes to competitive games.

• Total voters

j0hnnix

42 here and play Call Of Duty Ranked both WZ and MP.

I'm Diamond 2. Should be Crimson but SBMM is brutal.

How can a D2 with randoms play against someone 8th in the world.

(Sorry for the little rant)
Damn that Logitech subscription pays itself off in bragging rights. I'm sold.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
This has caused a major drop off in my single player game sessions, however. Backlog is getting ghastly on that front. I keep thinking it's a gaming phase, but it's been like four years now.

oh trust me, backlogtosis is a very real thing and is unfortunately very common in us older gamers, especially those who play on Steam. damn you Gaben!!! (not really. I'm joking my lord. here my wallet.) :messenger_grinning_sweat:

proandrad

Mid 30s, reflexes are fine, but it’s the motivation to put in intense concentration that’s gone. 8hr+ a day of work, house chores, cooking, working out, by the time I get to game I just don’t have the energy to do competitive multiplayer gaming and try. You kinda just want something to play that will help you relax and turn down the intensity.

tr1p1ex

1) I had to play a lot to keep up some skills. gets harder to put in that time.
2) had to focus on using fewer weapon/classes/gadgets to keep speed up
3) you think you're fast but then play some youths. It's another ball game.

4) can beat youths that don't play much or are not great at those types of games or really bad strategically.

5) My advantage over youths was outthinking the opponent especially when it comes to objective modes. although often strategy takes a backseat or can't work if the opponent is 10x faster.

6) Youths seem to pick up on or keep on all the little changes/features/workarounds/etc way better and way more. That also adds to their advantage. IT's gets harder keep up on that stuff.

Now haven't played in 2 years. Sold my gaming pc off during the mining bubble. Kept selling each new gpu I got and went that collapsed I never got a new one.

I think about playing Splatoon 3 that I have laying around on the Switch. But I haven't. I really liked competitive games and I haven't sworn off them. Just ..I don't know ...had my fill for awhile. A lot of it is not that many players on the internets like to play the team objective focused game.

If I could play in a "senior" league...I would probably be interested.

Last edited:
My fighting games skills still fine i guess!

"And the Ash trials on kof 13 ?"
LRi04Y0.jpeg

Top Bottom