• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Forbes) Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is Kicking Ass and Saving Franchises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

The Rock forever wins because he is wearing his $500 shirt in his latest movie

ibhZqATk8LNmrx.jpg

therockofu73.jpg

Holy shit, that is awesome

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
He seems like a cool dude. Yeah, Race to Witch Mountain and stuff like that were terrible, but I wouldn't mind him not being type-casted into all action films. The Rundown was surprisingly watchable, and that wasn't a pure-action film, for instance.

I could see him breaking into family films if someone played to his strengths more than typecasting.

And I wouldn't mind a Scorpion King sequel

Concept17

Hes been good stuff since the people's elbow.

His favorite role of mine so far was probably in Be Cool. Though I haven't seen his last couple movies.

Vin Diesel won in Fast Five because it's Vin Diesel's franchise. If The Diesel guest starred in oh wait The Rock doesn't have a franchise for him to guest star in.

Anth0ny

He's the best damn action star right now

and the best damn WWF champion

IF YA SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I loved him in the WWE, and I'm glad he's doing well, but he's still never been in a movie that I've had even a remote interest in seeing. I wish that wasn't the case — it's not that I don't like action flicks, it's that he only seems to star in shitty ones, or passable ones that I don't care to watch.

SRG01

He prints money because he's an action hero that can act half-decently. The other end of the spectrum is Jason Statham, of which I cannot comprehend the appeal.

Zee-Row

Banned
Well the Rock smells trash! Biggest piece of Texas trailer park trash walking God's green earth! You want your precious belt , then you bring your candy ass!

Altazor

Vin Diesel won in Fast Five because it's Vin Diesel's franchise. If The Diesel guest starred in oh wait The Rock doesn't have a franchise for him to guest star in.

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THE ROCK DOESN'T HAVE A FRANCHISE FOR VIN DIESEL TO GUEST STAR IN.

I loved him in the WWE, and I'm glad he's doing well, but he's still never been in a movie that I've had even a remote interest in seeing. I wish that wasn't the case — it's not that I don't like action flicks, it's that he only seems to star in shitty ones, or passable ones that I don't care to watch.

Yup that's my issue with him. Then again maybe we shouldn't blame him, but more Hollywood for producing mostly shitty action movies nowadays. Imagine The Rock during the McTiernan/Verhoeven era. I'm sure he'd be used in a much better way than he is now.

even though he's likable I feel like he's a really, really limited actor. He's always "The Rock" in his movies. I'd like to see him in like, a Tarantino film just to see if he could pull it off.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Dude I love the Rock... I always knew he would be capable of great things. And from what I hear he's a genuinely nice guy, so shit... Good times all around.

kunonabi

Haven't too big on his films but I really enjoyed Faster. G.I Joe 2 was looking pretty good but if the rumors about the reshoots are true than it's probably going to get buried under Tatum's horrible "acting"

Nelo Ice

Banned
Have only seen a few of his movies but awesome that he's doing great. He's still the people's champion and the most electrifying man in all of entertainment!

DarkFlow

Banned
I can't even think of a single movie with this guy that I have seen, and I've seen thousands of movies.

Looking at his imdb page now...

Edit: just checked, I think Southland Tales (late one night when I wasn't thinking rationally) is it, and that was beyond shitty, just unbearably bad... god this guy's filmography is nothing but junk, I think I would defriend anyone who owned one of his movies.
VEGGu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom