• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Forbes) Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is Kicking Ass and Saving Franchises

Status
Not open for further replies.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
0514_the-rock-dj_400x280-300x210.jpg

hello-yes-this-is-doga0xe4.png

Rock B^)

Go rock go, lol triple HHH was in blade 3 and I just noticed that last week when someone mentioned it.

Austin should have been in more movies :( him and the rock were the best of the WWF/WWE

Loxley

The guy is very likable and enjoyable to watch on screen, he's one of those actors who you can tell is enjoying every minute of screen time he has. I was bummed when G.I. Joe got pushed for 3D conversion :(

methodman

Banned
That chick is super, super hot, but the rock is one of a kind. he can get that type of ass any time he wants. <3 you rocky!! the rundown + walking tall are both awesome as shit too

LM4sure

Banned
the rundown was awesome. still waiting for a sequel to that one. if anyone could make that into a successful franchise it's the rock!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I follow him on Facebook and the posts he makes are always awesome. Seen him spending time with sick kids and stuff, amazing guy.

Also:
0624-splash-mountain-rock.jpg

Fast Five and The Rundown are some fun ass action movies, and he's great in them. Yeah he isn't that great an actor, but he's super charismatic and funny.

I'm really looking forward to Fast Six, or whatever the hell it's going to be called.

It's hard not to love the Rock. He's just such a good guy who brings plenty of energy to the screen in what ever he's in. He's not the best actor in the world, but that doesn't matter. He's just so much fun to watch.

I enjoyed Fast Five in no small part because of him. Loved the scene where he and Vin Diesel go literally nose to nose and Vin looks like a very small man next to the Rock.

rvy

Banned
Dwayne is awesome, great guy. Deserves all the success in the World. Should be doing more stuff like The Rundown and Walking Tall.

I dig his movies. He is funny and has that charisma man. Not the best actor of course, but I enjoy his non kiddy movies. I should go watch them though, heh. The one were he found about about his long lost daughter and he was qb for a Boston team was tolerable.

Rand6

I never understood how Rock is so massive now, yet came back for Wrestemania and didn't test positive for roids / HGH.

Do you really think that Cena (or the majority of WWE) is natural?
More on topic :
The Rundown was really fun, and Diesel should have lost that fight in fast five

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Really happy things have worked out for Dwayne, he's always seemed like a genuinely awesome guy, it looked for a long time like he was just born 10 years too late to have a movie career because the action hero died out, but he stuck at it, made some gimmicky sounding roles into really fun experiences, and is getting his reward now.

He really can make anything just about watchable, even Faster was ok, though even his charisma couldn't fix that ending.

This is still my personal favourite Rock moment:

http://gifb.in/SjsV

He just looks so into it!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Really happy things have worked out for Dwayne, he's always seemed like a genuinely awesome guy, it looked for a long time like he was just born 10 years too late to have a movie career because the action hero died out, but he stuck at it, made some gimmicky sounding roles into really fun experiences, and is getting his reward now.

He really can make anything just about watchable, even Faster was ok, though even his charisma couldn't fix that ending.

This is still my personal favourite Rock moment:

1263382738_therock-family-guy.gif

He just looks so into it!

Link doesn't work, but as it's family guy I'm assuming it's the one of him with the dolls of Peter and Lois doing it?

GQman2121

Banned
He was too perfect in the ring during Jericho's WWF debut. That was by far the best on air "it doesn't matter what your name is".

Mr. Sam

Possibly the greatest man alive. Can't believe they're reshooting GI Joe 2 to put more Channing Tatum in. No - MORE ROCK!

Dead Man

Possibly the greatest man alive. Can't believe they're reshooting GI Joe 2 to put more Channing Tatum in. No - MORE ROCK!

They're doing what?

1. If you are reshooting to add more facetime for your star you are doing it wrong.

2. Tatum over the fucking ROCK?

MisterHero

Rock has taken over at least 2 franchises over after Brendan Fraser left them

The Mummy -> Scorpion King
Journey to the Center of the Earth -> Journey 2

I expect him to play George of the Jungle 3, Dudley Do right 3, Encino Man 2, Inkheart 2, and Avatar 5 DtTV for Syfy (the last one just because), and a buddy cop movie along with French Stewart

Okay this is awesome

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Can someone explain his ethnicity? I've never been able to tell if he's white, black, half-white half-black, latino, Hawaiian/asian, or something else entirely. I think that's part of what makes him such a dreamboat.

Can someone explain his ethnicity? I've never been able to tell if he's white, black, half-white half-black, latino, Hawaiian/asian, or something else entirely. I think that's part of what makes him such a dreamboat.

I think hes Samoan. But I thought that was a girlscout cookie so I may be wrong.

Dead Man

Samoan.

Edit: Well, half Canadian, half Samoan. So yeah, Polynesian good looks.

He was good in The Rundown and okay in Fast Five. So basically he peaked as an actor in 2003.

Awesome wrestler though, him and Stone Cold defined that era of WWF

Mr. Sam

They're doing what?

1. If you are reshooting to add more facetime for your star you are doing it wrong.

2. Tatum over the fucking ROCK?

I believe Tatum's character was supposed to die in the first act, but Tatum's stock has risen after 21 Jump Street and that romantic comedy he did, so they're reshooting huge swathes of the film - hence why its release date has been pushed back until next year.

Dan Yo

Banned
Did the Fast series really need saving?

Either way, good for him. From what I've heard, he's a genuinely nice guy.
He's always struck me as a bit of a bully. I've seen him on the mic sometimes talking to fans or regular people in either a disrespectful or intimidating manner. I remember seeing a Punk'd episode where he basically decided he was going to handle a situation of being accused of something by asserting his physical dominance and trying to scare the other guy.

I expect him to play George of the Jungle 3, Dudley Do right 3, Encino Man 2, Inkheart 2, and Avatar 5 DtTV for Syfy (the last one just because), and a buddy cop movie along with French Stewart

I might actually like Avatar if they hired The Rock instead of Sam Worthington.

Dead Man

I believe Tatum's character was supposed to die in the first act, but Tatum's stock has risen after 21 Jump Street and that romantic comedy he did, so they're reshooting huge swathes of the film - hence why its release date has been pushed back until next year.

Ugh. So much for narrative integrity. Not that I expected it, but that is blatant as fuck.

Bladenic

Yeah, I don't find anything special about him or particularly likable or charismatic.

And was he really a big part of Fast Five's success? I dunno, I mean I never heard one person say "I'm definitely watching this movie because The Rock's in it." I sure as hell didn't, and it wasn't because of him that I thought the movie was awesome either.

Yeah, I don't find anything special about him or particularly likable or charismatic.

And was he really a big part of Fast Five's success? I dunno, I mean I never heard one person say "I'm definitely watching this movie because The Rock's in it." I sure as hell didn't, and it wasn't because of him that I thought the movie was awesome either.

Every film The Rock has done everyone of my friends and I have watched because 'The Rock is in it'. He oozes charisma and how can you not like The Rock.

Only reason I saw Fast Five is because it was Johnson vs The Diesel. That film didn't get good until the fight. Every action scene after that was pure fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom