• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

all hail king of the mud

PHHqX47.gif

j02gkDX.gif

I can't handle all this winning lately. I need to sleep and get some work done at some point.

*continues refreshing thread every 30 seconds*

I 👅 can 👅 taste 👅 the 👅 sweet 👅 sweat 👅 of 👅 the 👅 GOP 👅💦💦💦

Lunar15

Highly, highly relevant:

Persona 5 - Life Will Change

Ain't it a shame
I'm not a figment of your ailing old mind
I'm just as real as
I'm just as dangerous
As you, so know you'll find

A taste of your own meds
Fire in every breath
Fire inside your head, your heart

And as your crippled brain
Tries to fight in vain
Your empire will fall apart

And you'll know we were out there
Swatted lies in the making
Your empire for the taking
Can't hold on or life won't change

As juicy as the Ryan story is, it wouldn't have felt like the third straight day of terrible surprising twisting bad news for the White House.

It's more bad news for Paul Ryan than Trump.

But it'll get play and it might ensure that any fall out from this takes out Ryan too.

What makes this even better is that it was all made possible by Sessions voluntarily recusing himself.

Like, these fuckers will go down in history as the most incompetent criminals of all time.

Not sure what you mean there. Remember, Flynn had just been canned for the same thing just before. Sessions was saving his own head there. I really don't think him doing that mattered much in the end. The wheels on this have been turning for a good while

Fox News is sweating. They are reporting on this but of course all of their guests are all spouting the "Special investigator is bad, but Mueller is a good appointment because he won't go on a witch hunt where there's no crime committed."

Curious how Trump & co. will spin this. This is a special counsel directly made for investigation into his team's ties to Russia. There's no other reason to fire other than not wanting to be investigated. It was also his department of justice that made the move. I guess he may go with "This is a democratic plot helped by the fake media to undermine and get in the way of us doing great things!".

Pretty much, I frequent a Buell (American motorcycle) board and those guys are fucking unbelievable. There's no hope for them.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/4062/785701.html?1494986870

Example:

There's more to the story too.
Trump didn't have the kindest words to say about Jeff Bezos during the campaign, essentially accusing him of antitrust violations.

For those of you that don't know, Bezos owns Amazon and the Washington Post.

Now, I'm no conspiracy theorist, but the fix is in.
The Post has been a hack reporting outlet that will publish anything and everything anti-Trump.
Whether this latest "breaking news" is BS or not, it will take a lot of PR massaging to recover from it.

Steel

Banned
I hope people aren't expecting this special counsel to get convictions within the next few weeks. This is gonna take awhile. Could even take a couple years.

Slime

Banned
Not sure what you mean there. Remember, Flynn had just been canned for the same thing just before. Sessions was saving his own head there. I really don't think him doing that mattered much in the end. The wheels on this have been turning for a good while

Oh, I definitely don't mean he deserves any credit, but him recusing himself from Russia-related matters opened up Rosenstein to call for this, didn't it?

Nah, Comey still showed piss poor judgement with the emails thing days before the election. He can go home and be a family man.
The only way I would forgive Comey for the Clinton stuff is if he knew he was on a path that would be able to take down not only Trump, but also a good portion of the GOP.

ElRenoRaven

Just got home and saw the news. This is fucking yuge. The yugest I tell you. Someone's going to prison someone's going to prison. HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

So can't wait. I know it's gonna take a long while for anything to come of this but with this we know justice will be served.

Top Bottom