• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

Quick summary on this Mitch McConnell person for non US folk?

giphy.gif

ascii42

It is also Rob, and Bob. Bill is William Richard is Dick. English is weird.

This is due to England's love of rhymes.
Richard -> Rick -> Ricky Dick -> Dick

Look up rhyming slang for more fascination. Stairs are called apples, because stairs rhymes with apples and pears.

Wait is this legit? I'm not dreaming am I? If so lock every one of these fuckers up who are doing their damnedest to prevent Trumps impeachment for treason. Every last one of them.

I'll ask again for clarification: beyond bad optics, what does this actually mean for Ryan in all this.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
JUST IN: Flynn, Manafort Are Key Figures In Russia Probe Mueller Will Lead

Officials say multiple grand jury subpoenas and records requests have been issued in connection with the two men during the past six months in the ongoing probe into whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russian attempts to influence the election, an inquiry that will now be overseen by former FBI Director Robert Mueller. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...igures-russia-probe-mueller-will-lead-n761256

Hmm kinda like how Taylor and Mensch reported.

Also JUST IN, in case you missed it: Chaffetz's resignation expected soon, Legislature-governor tiff escalates over how to replace him:

The expected impending departure of U.S. Rep. Jason Chaffetz is creating turmoil among state leaders.
The Utah House GOP Caucus signaled Wednesday that it might sue fellow Republican Gov. Gary Herbert if he will not call legislators into special session to enact rules on how to replace Chaffetz, whom House Speaker Greg Hughes said he expects to resign within a few days, effective by the end of June. http://www.sltrib.com/news/5302221-155/chaffetzs-resignation-expected-soon-legislature-governor-tiff

Hmmm also like Mensch and Taylor predicted. Of course, Mensch stating that Chaffetz would resign a week before MSM reported that Chaffetz would not finish his term and speculated as to what he might do after were also signs of Mensch's reporting being right. But if you needed that money shot quote to confirm Mensch's reporting finally, here it is.

He is the majority leader of the Senate, the more prestigious branch of Congress, one of three pillars of our government (other being Executive and Judicial). Jon Stewart, comedian and host of the Daily Show, said he looked and acted like a turtle. That stuck.

wandering

Banned
How can we trust this guy to be neutral?

Mueller was one of the figures (alongside Comey) who shut down the domestic wiretapping program in 2004.

Obama personally requested that Mueller stay on as head of the FBI for two additional years beyond his normal term, despite being a Bush appointee.

The man is a consummate professional.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This is due to England's love of rhymes.
Richard -> Rick -> Ricky Dick -> Dick

Look up rhyming slang for more fascination. Stairs are called apples, because stairs rhymes with apples and pears.

Not necessarily true in every case:

Medieval diminutive of RICHARD The change in the initial consonant is said to have been caused by the way the trilled Norman R was pronounced by the English

akira28

Can we trust Ivanka to slit her daddy's throat? Is she a star pupil or not? She and Jared aren't conservatives, they're neo-liberals.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I was gonna play BotW tonight for once – now I'll be watching CNN all night.

the shit I put up with.gif

Jenov

So gooooooooooood.

Rosenstein was NOT happy about being blamed for Comey's firing. This is his way of re-balancing the scale. +1 respect for Rosenstein.

commedieu

Banned

He's a super Republican, trump supporter. Scumbag due to his voting record.. this is likely very bad news for Republicans like him. Especially in leadership positions, like he is.

They've been trying to pretend this is a non issue the whole time it keeps getting bigger and bigger.

kris.

Banned
per CNN, Sessions didn't find out until everyone else in the White House found out

boy oh boy, this past hour and a half has been delicious

Slime

Banned
No...? I think you're confusing events

I don't think so?

The Attorney General, or in cases in which the Attorney General is recused, the Acting Attorney General, will appoint a Special Counsel when he or she determines that criminal investigation of a person or matter is warranted and—

(a) That investigation or prosecution of that person or matter by a United States Attorney's Office or litigating Division of the Department of Justice would present a conflict of interest for the Department or other extraordinary circumstances; and
(b) That under the circumstances, it would be in the public interest to appoint an outside Special Counsel to assume responsibility for the matter.

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-i...ue&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title28/28cfrv2_02.tpl#600

Am I missing something ???

ElRenoRaven

I'll ask again for clarification: beyond bad optics, what does this actually mean for Ryan in all this.

Well considering it was pre Trump victory nothing sadly other then makes them look like shit. However it does show you that they're all pretty sure Trump is a paid Russian traitor and are keeping him in power anyway.

Top Bottom