• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

Xzfwfj2.jpg

#KillTheAnimals

So effectively Rosenstein signed Trump's death warrant?

Holy shit, this is quite possibly the best pick they could've possibly made.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Technically Trump still has the power to fire this special counsel since he's under the DOJ and thus executive branch, but he probably learned his lesson with Comey.

JoeBoy101

OMG it is absolutely AMAZING that Rothstein completely blindsided the WH and Congress with this move. God I love it.

Rod Rosenstein says don't start no shit won't be no shit... incredible. What a gangsta ass move.

Funny thing about burning bridges... eventually you end up on an island, all alone, with no way off.

I figured out how Trump will spin it. He will proclaim that Mueller is a great pick and that him getting rid of Comey is what caused the it!!!!

IrishNinja

If James Comey is Severus Snape, then who is this guy? Dumbledore?

pls read another book

Rosenstein won't last the week. It's their only play.

it's a particularly poor one though

Prediction about the pro-Trump spin:

They can't just say oh he's a liberal, because he was a Bush appointee. Guarantee we're going to see a lot of "the political establishment is trying to take Trump down because he's too much of an outsider" bullshit in the future.

that narrative will be around no matter what happens, hopefully no one but his remaining base buys it once everything's out in the light

Lunar15

Legit shook.

That said, rough times ahead: Now that they know the face of their enemy, this shit is going to get nasty.

If/When Trump is gone, how much more better would it be with Pence?

Directly? Not much better.

But indirectly? Pence would be nothing except the Trump equivalent to Nixon's Ford. Enthusiasm among the GOP fanbase would be WAY down, making it much more likely for us to outvote them.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Oh and if Rod Rosenstein didn't already make the most gangsta ass move possible he appointed the absolute hardest of hard asses in Mueller. I've heard stories of this guy being an incredible stickler back in his FBI days.

This is Rod Rosenstein's gigantic middle finger to Captain Dumbass Trump for making him write that letter then using it to prop up an illegitimate bs firing of a man Rosenstein admired

Technically Trump still has the power fire this special counsel since he's under the DOJ and thus executive branch, but he probably learned his lesson with Comey.

Not directly. Law was enacted after Nixon to prevent this. He'd have to fire the deputy AG and get a new one to fire the counsel. It's a third rail for him to touch.

DAD6cuMXcAEPFJA.jpg:large

Traitors.

Simply quoting you for the image:

What does this really mean? In terms of how bad this is for Ryan. I'm interpreting it, at most, to mean his time as Speaker is drawing to a close at most. Am I off?

It's a horrible look, but I don't know how much meat is here. Could play it off like the smarmy ass he is.

JoeBoy101

Not sure if we've hit the tipping point where the GOP bails on Trump yet, but I think we're starting to get close. Don't buy the hype that the GOP will do down on the ship with him. They'll bail, once the water's at their ankles. If it comes down to Trump or their jobs, they'll send Fanta flowers.

And I hear dripping.

DietRob said:
This is Rod Rosenstein's gigantic middle finger to Captain Dumbass Trump for making him write that letter then using it to prop up an illegitimate bs firing of a man Rosenstein admired

Bingo.

This is the only announcements the White House can make tonight that won't be a disaster:

"We are 100% encouraged by the choice of Former FBI Director Mueller to oversee this investigation, as it will remove any questions of interference, and ensure that America can trust the final finding of the FBI, when they exonerate the Trump White House of any charges."

Anything else... no statement... *anything* will be an idiotic move.

"We appreciate director Mueller coming to the age of us and er.... (long pauses throughout).

jdstorm

Banned
Its like Watching Captain America 2 The Winter Soilder play out in real life. Minus the Helicarriers.

Also Robert Redford is a much better looking Trump

Lunar15

They are incompetent though. This whole problem is due to them not being competent.

I entirely agree that it's incompetency. It's just that now there's some blameable face opposing Trump that the zeitgeist of hate can focus towards. It's going to be rough and they absolutely have to deliver. If nothing comes of it, the news is fucking done for.

Top Bottom