• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
DS5amwK.png

giphy.gif

I rate this 5 out of 5 bluetsu chubbs. Goddamn. DoJ don gone rogue.

BriGuy

I'm sure no one gives a shit about predictions, but when all the dust settles, I'm expecting for a decent number of Trump's inner circle to go down while the orange turd himself has enough plausible deniability to escape criminal prosecution and impeachment. His agenda will be sharply curtailed and he'll be voted out in 2020, but we're stuck with him until then.

Zolo

If they fire Rosenstein they're basically admitting 100% they're guilty.

Even the GOP would have to jump ship at it being so blatant.

I think the GOP have decided to lock themselves into that ship with no key. They seem to have decided to drown before jumping off.

Nekofrog

Banned
Can a special investigator forceably request and receive tax return info as a part of the investigation? Not asking if he can release the actual info, just use it as part of his investigation.

I don't think Rosenstein had a choice. He knew he was gonna be in deep shit if he had Comey's memos and still supported his firing.

If I remember correctly, there were stories breaking late last week that Rosenstein was pissed that Trump and Sessions were trying to pin Comey's firing on him.

This is huge. Not only does this essentially make the Senate and House investigations irrelevant, it freezes DC. The White House is barely functioning as is, but now even that "new normal" will take a step back.

This is the worst outcome for Trump and republicans. Now the show and tell hearings don't matter. They probably planned on trotting Comey out for a hearing and wasting time with Clinton Foundation questions and asking why didn't he resign over xyz. Now that "game" is finished.

We need Sunhi to come in an do some gif of the "you'd turn your back on family!?" moment from the F8 Trailer but with all the appropriate people in there....

Zolo

So was this the big news that was supposed to come out in 24-48 hours or the Paul Ryan recording that's bigger than Comey memos. Because yeah, I'll admit, they're both pretty big.

This feels like some wrestling shit

Like Trump laid out Comey in the back with a chair but that woke up Mueller who's come for revenge

louiedog

3joyL1G.png

So, order signed and then given just 30 minutes notice before it went public?

Like it matters. If these morons had a full day to prepare a response they'd still fuck it up. First they'd lie that there was no special prosecutor, then an hour later Trump would tweet that the special prosecutor couldn't touch him because he was invincible, then they'd just lock the doors and turn off the lights and hope everyone would go away.

This is the only announcements the White House can make tonight that won't be a disaster:

"We are 100% encouraged by the choice of Former FBI Director Mueller to oversee this investigation, as it will remove any questions of interference, and ensure that America can trust the final finding of the FBI, when they exonerate the Trump White House of any charges."

Anything else... no statement... *anything* will be an idiotic move.

FStubbs

They can't do anything to remove Mueller.

Because that would be 100% obstruction of justice. No question. No doubt. So no matter what else Trump would be guilty of... he would be done for that alone.

They literally can't touch him without costing themselves their own jobs.

Would he? Congress would still refuse to have hearings.

Top Bottom