• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

JoeBoy101

So...if i'm reading this right their solution to the mess was to...appoint a former colleague/friend of Comey? Seems legit.

Well, he IS a previous head of the FBI. He's got some experience... unlike the rest of this administration it seems.

Shiba5 said:
That is one beautiful FUCK YOU from Rosenstein.

I get the sense he's a touch pissed how his memo was used as the basis for firing Comey.

Ploid 3.0

Dude, so Trump gave us an upgrade?

I was just thinking back at how sad he looked in his victory picture. It seem like he may have been planning to lose to be done with Putin (if he's connected with him... bwahaha).

Trump wants out!

Mueller is the absolute real deal. Read up on how the Bush admin tried to get Ashcroft, then in a hospital bed, to sign off on illegal wiretappings. Comey stood the line, and Mueller(then FBI director) was there with him soon after.

They prepared mass resignations if the whole idea wasn't scrapped.

This is the REAL SHIT here, folks. This is "Grizzled vet(in FBI and military both) gives up his lucrative private job to serve his country one more time."

This man is a fucking hero with an unimpeachable record.

Trump is going down. I hope he lands in an unmarked grave far from anyone important.

Mueller is the absolute real deal. Read up on how the Bush admin tried to get Ashcroft, then in a hospital bed, to sign off on illegal wiretappings. Comey stood the line, and Mueller was there with him soon after.

This is the REAL SHIT here, folks. This is "Grizzled vet(in FBI and military both) gives up his lucrative private job to serve his country one more time."

Trump is going down. I hope he lands in an unmarked grave far from anyone important.

I didn't expect the season finale to be so glorious.

DS5amwK.png

giphy.gif

I wish they let Trump find out from cable news, preferably have timed the announcement when Fox and Friends was about to air.

jman2050

This is like when the military jerk dude in The Next Karate Kid beats down Hilary Swank only for him to get owned by Mr. Miyagi directly afterwards.

Would he? Congress would still refuse to have hearings.

Please. Just like there wasn't going to be a special counsel. Just like Sessions wasn't going to recuse. Just like Flynn wasn't going anywhere.

Republicans and Democrats are applauding this decision. There is no move Trump can make here but applaud it and hope that the FBI don't have anything on him or anyone he cares about.

Toki767

So what's the over/under on Trump tweeting something tomorrow morning that'll basically be insulting to Mueller?

Pretty good odds, right?

This feels like some wrestling shit

Like Trump laid out Comey in the back with a chair but that woke up Mueller who's come for revenge

Mueller is like the Undertaker waiting in the casket during the match---when Comey goes down that casket flies open and Mueller comes to life wrecking all Republicans in his way.

UrokeJoe

Mueller is the absolute real deal. Read up on how the Bush admin tried to get Ashcroft, then in a hospital bed, to sign off on illegal wiretappings. Comey stood the line, and Mueller(then FBI director) was there with him soon after.

Yes, I love this!!

Maximo

God I hope a movie is made out of this when its all done.

At this point Trump has to know that people (plural) are working to literally end his presidency and send many of his associates to jail. Grand juries...

It'll be very interesting to see what happens next. Does he fire Rosenstein for going behind his back? Does he tweet up a storm this weekend? You'd think at this point his legal counsel is telling him this is not the time for tweets, this is serious...we're talking about "freedom or prison" serious.

Top Bottom