• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director Mueller appointed special counsel for Trump-Russia investigation

This is the only announcements the White House can make tonight that won't be a disaster:

"We are 100% encouraged by the choice of Former FBI Director Mueller to oversee this investigation, as it will remove any questions of interference, and ensure that America can trust the final finding of the FBI, when they exonerate the Trump White House of any charges."

Anything else... no statement... *anything* will be an idiotic move.

Which they absolutely will, no question.

Followed by another completely opposite message tomorrow at 4am.

Kaban

Rosenstein really just dropped this on administration...

sABCKsZ.png

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/864974817375567872

Love the first reply:

"oh kind of like being fired on tv with breaking news?"

If/When Trump is gone, how much more better would it be with Pence?

Pence may have also been implicated in other things, but assuming the impeachment goes through and Trump is booted, Pence is a no trick pony at a dog show and it's extremely likely we'll see a blue wave as a result as Trumpists stay low for fear of being strung up with the rest of the traitors like they did post-Bush era.

Steejee

If Rick and Morty exist in this universe, Rick is probably turning all the real news about the WH into stories to sell in other universes and making a mint.

I have to guess that Rosenstein is a bit peeved about being the scapegoat, and has decided he's going to burn the fucker down on the way out.

Love the first reply:

"oh kind of like being fired on tv with breaking news?"

Seriously. If this ends up with impeachment, firing Comey in the manner they fired Comey will be the bone headed mistake that cost the President everything.

I hope to see that scene in a movie some day.

Bulk_Rate

I'm sure no one gives a shit about predictions, but when all the dust settles, I'm expecting for a decent number of Trump's inner circle to go down while the orange turd himself has enough plausible deniability to escape criminal prosecution and impeachment. His agenda will be sharply curtailed and he'll be voted out in 2020, but we're stuck with him until then.

His recent words and actions showing intent will not help him in that approach, even without considering further revelations of damning evidence. His mouth and twitter were cited by Federal Judges who ruled against his Muslim ban(s) for ex.

JoeBoy101

Lol....sitting here smiling like Newman since I opened this thread.

What I love is how close it is to my combined struggle of shock, wonderment, and euphoria.

As I told my wife last night, give Trump credit. He's getting shit done in Washington in record fucking time... including his impeachment.

Fucker ain't careful, getting dragged out of the WH could be the least of his concerns.

Top Bottom