• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_B

It looked like Hamilton had a sure way through but Rosberg very quickly cuts across and forces him wide because he left zero space.

Taste of his own medicine !
Nico slammed the door and did what Hamilton always does but Hamilton should have done what Nico usually does and back off .
Rosberg has forced Hamilton wide plenty of times. Rosberg just always complains loudly when Hamilton does it. Go check the start in Australia and see how Rosberg totally drove Hamilton off in the first corner.

yami4ct

That's not really Rosberg's problem though.

It's not the job of the defender to guarantee a safe and easy overtaking.

Yep. Lewis has a right to attack a gap and Rosberg to defend. Lewis took a chance on a risky gap and it didn't pay off. He's probably a hair bit more at fault for going for a risky pass and he could've waited for a better opening, but a racing driver's going to attack where he can see an opportunity. Racing Incident with maybe a slight fault toward Lewis.

ramparter

Banned
https://twitter.com/WoodsyF1/status/731819970426994689/photo/

Lewis was far enough along side to be entitled a full cars width of space. That's 100% on Rosberg for me. #SpanishGP

CifyYahWUAAfbo9.jpg
Totally agree

Aiii

So not worth it
I would say it is 50-50 blame. Nico should be more careful and Lewis should back off

Nico just moved to block, perfectly normal move. Hamilton was behind him, he should have lifted. That one was on Hamilton. It's a racing incident, nothing major, but all Lewis.

@that picture, he was already on the grass there, he was behind him on track still.

After seeing it multiple times I say racing incident.

With the huge speed difference the logical thing to do is going to overtake on the inside. As the car in front it's Rosbergs right to block him, but I think he underestimated the speed of Hamilton and hoped to close the door while he was still in front (as opposed to side by side).

Correct.

GHG

As a defender you're also not allowed to play dirty and force your opponent to drive onto the grass or into your gearbox.

He defended his line too late for Hamilton to be able to do anything else.

Well, if you're going to jerk suddenly in front of a fast moving vehicle, what exactly is supposed to happen?

Rosbergs decision to shove Lewis off is directly related to the avoiding action that Lewis took, but due to a bumpy dusty off track area, meant he had no control after that.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
If Vettel can keep up the pace on those tires longer it's his race to lose.

nny

Neither Nico nor Lewis removed their helmets before reaching the motorhome...that clearly tells us that both are ashamed and believe it was their fault...racing incident then ;P

ramparter

Banned
I mean it is impossible to react. Look at the massive speed difference between the two.

And that's exactly why I blame Nico. He panicked and he was like, "fuck it I'll just block him. If he passes me it's over". Because he knows he can never beat Lewis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom