• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuckthew

Both errored. Nico shut the door too aggressively, but Hamilton could have bailed before he touched the grass. Hamilton had way more overspeed and would have taken the position back if it weren't for Nico, bit Hamilton could have just waited.

50/50 IMO.

DieH@rd

Banned
CRAZY drive from Hamilton. Rosberg did nothing wrong.

If some young driver did the same thing as Ham, he would be burned at the stake by media.

Leonsito

He had a lot more speed and went to the inside to overtake! The racing line stays on the left side of the track so Nico definatly agressively closed the door. Should have left at least a cars width....

But a driver is allowed to do one change of line, Hamilton should have backed off.

Xando

Not sure what Hamilton was trying to do there. Even if Rosberg wasn't there he would've missed the corner

Raikkonen getting drive through for that merc crash

Taste of his own medicine !
Nico slammed the door and did what Hamilton always does but Hamilton should have done what Nico usually does and back off .

yami4ct

Man, I don't even know. That was insane. The dumb 'mercs take each other out' dream that's been joked about for 2 seasons finally happened!

Lmao at people blaming Lewis.....

He was going for a gap, nico completely shut the door in such a harsh fashion that the only avoiding option for Lewis was on a dusty area of grass where evennbrakes won't save you.

He lost the rear and was a passenger after that.

Hana-Bi

Niki says, that Ham is the only one to be blamed. The guy in front can defend and Lewis really don't need to attack after the first turns like this.

Hasney

I'm not sure Rosberg started turning any harder when Hamilton tried to duckin on the inside. I mean, he's not faultless, he didn't stop either for that one car gap, but I think he was protecting the inside. He may have carried on going even if he saw them though.

lol at C4 not being able to shut up Prost though.

No. Rosberg kept going.

So? He moved before Lewis did. He just never stopped moving.

dakun

Hamilton would have had about 0.02 seconds to react and bail out, Nico should have left a gap.
Considering they are teammates and Hamilton was not agressive towards Nico, yes.
But Nico was in front of Hamilton and shut the door. Hamilton was not beside him. So the 1 car gap rule doesn't apply. Hamilton only ever got next to him when it was too late anyway

Ark

Nico, once again, defending so aggressively that he forced someone off the track. It's his staple move.

Racing incident tbh.

It'll be an interesting race now :D

Hey, at least Rosberg's streak is over! Phew.

Begin the procession! This track is awful for competitive racing. Edit: More specifically, the final turn ruins the ability for it to be a competitive track.

xrnzaaas

It looked to me like Hamilton was going to take back that P1 no matter what. This is going be interesting if the entire team (not only Lauda) blames Hamilton for the crash.

GHG

Niki says, that Ham is the only one to be blamed. The guy in front can defend and Lewis really don't need to attack after the first turns like this.

So when are you meant to attack?

When nico waves him by and says he's allowed to? Fuck off.

Hasney

It looked to me like Hamilton was going to take back that P1 no matter what. This is going be interesting if the entire team (not only Lauda) blames Hamilton for the crash.

Toto is ever the diplomat unless there was a total blame on one driver. Lauda is just grandpa Lauda shooting off his mouth (which is why I love him), but I don't think that will be the team position. I'm sure they'll say racing incident and something that they should watch out for in the future.

Ros defended, left Lewis with nowhere to go at the speed he was going and the result was a crash.

If Lewis tried to back out he'd either have swiped Ros or locked up, run off and crash anway.

Lach

After seeing it multiple times I say racing incident.

With the huge speed difference the logical thing to do is going to overtake on the inside. As the car in front it's Rosbergs right to block him, but I think he underestimated the speed of Hamilton and hoped to close the door while he was still in front (as opposed to side by side).

Ros defended, left Lewis with nowhere to go at the speed he was going and the result was a crash.

If Lewis tried to back out he'd either have swiped Ros or locked up, run off and crash anway.

That's not really Rosberg's problem though.

It's not the job of the defender to guarantee a safe and easy overtaking.

I'm not sure Rosberg started turning any harder when Hamilton tried to duckin on the inside. I mean, he's not faultless, he didn't stop either for that one car gap, but I think he was protecting the inside. He may have carried on going even if he saw them though.

lol at C4 not being able to shut up Prost though.

So? He moved before Lewis did. He just never stopped moving.

He moved as soon as he saw Hamilton attempt to pass. If he was already moving he would be driving off the racing line for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom