• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Imola, terrible track.

This feels like a plan by Bernie to piss off Ferrari and show who is still kingmaker after his accusations this week.

Unconfirmed Member
Today's qualifying is an indictment of the mismanagement of the sport. Rather than addressing the core issues that prevent competitiveness, such as limited testing and restricted engines upgrades, the fans had to settle for today's contrived nonsense.

kvk1

So I'm all caught up on the weekend so far.

Martin's cheeky digs at the format throughout all of Q2-Q3 was so good.

"Remember that crazy qualifying we had in 2016 for just one race?"

Yeah, Hamilton's pole lap was quicker than Schumacher's record lap around Melbourne in 2004. Imagine them being another three seconds quicker next year? Yes, yes, and yes please.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I actually like Bernie's idea of adding a few tenths/seconds to the winner's qualy time. Essentially it works exactly like success ballast, but applied as a time penalty for qualifying to spice up the race a little.

Awful idea. As long as the cars struggle to overtake each other, we shouldn't be messing with the grids.

Making the cars 2-3s faster will definitely not help overtaking.

But most importantly, Pirelli needs to develop Michelin/Bridgestone-like durable tyres. This formula would have worked had we had tyres that could allow for 2-3 hot laps.

So now most cars have that terrible Honda 2015 sound when slowing down in corners (to a much lesser extent).

Maybe Arai was ahead of his time.

In Arai we Trust

Loudness ranking:

Honda
Ferrari
Mercedes
Renault

Wax went to the next level. He now watches different broadcasts than the rest of us.

Don't take me wrong, I want to see Nando fighting for the wdc more than anyone else but this is just sad.

Toro Rosso and the others had a combo advantage of qualy maps / tyres / track evo, McLaren will beat these teams on an equal footing in the race tomorrow.

Yagami_Sama

That qualifying were weird. And as expected the Q3 was lame.

And I forgot to fill in my prediction for the race :/

Let’s see if Mclaren could finish the race and score a few points. And Toro Rosso did quite well, it will be fun see them beating Red Bull.

Megasoum

Banned
Holy shit I just realized.... I bet Codemasters is FREAKING THE FUCK OUT tonight hahahaha... All that work for nothing.

chadskin

Old format of qualifying is returning. Some common sense prevails.

https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/status/711364544380211200

giphy.gif

mclem

Holy shit I just realized.... I bet Codemasters is FREAKING THE FUCK OUT tonight hahahaha... All that work for nothing.

I dunno, I think to correctly model modern F1 you probably want to have a slightly different ruleset for every single race; they're just ahead of the curve.

Shaneus

Does anyone know if Star Sports (India) are streaming F1 this year? I don't have a TV signal in my computer room and might not have any other way to watch it :/

Aiii

So not worth it

Programming a stopwatch is literally the second thing they teach you after "Hello World," they're fine. Annoyed maybe, but programming wise it should have been little effort for experienced programmers.

Alright new season boys, hopefully it's exciting (and Hamilton doesn't coast to the championship)
Edit: 30 minutes until the start... Ugh 1am EST

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Maybe Ferrari is up there with the Mercs in race trim, haha.

:-(

Good morning, fellas!

I'm still up, just to see the race.

Can't wait to fall asleep during the race, when Hamilton just pulls away.

That's it, feels like the straw that broke the camel's back. I'll follow the thread to see if it gets exciting, but I can't be arsed even watching highlights for this season. At least the football season has been good this time so I'll have something to watch on weekends.
I dont think that will hold. You cant take Monza off the F1 calender, that likes putting a dagger through the sport's chest. Bernie can go fuck himself with these games and power moves though, thats for sure.

RoKKeR

Pretty hyped for the race actually, although I am expecting the silver arrows just to pull away right from the start... never to be seen again.

Hoping Haas can make it to the finish line!

Lach

Apparently they've did a last minute change to the radio limit. Weird.

What's going on with these last minute rule changes?
On one hand I'm happy they're reverting back to the old quali format as it was a mess yesterday. But part of me feels that they should give it more time. Maybe two more times before making a decision. What happend yesterday just feels like more a problem with continuing Merc domination and "failed" tire management....

Juicy Bob

Formula 1 changing rules an hour before the lights go out.

Restrictions on what they can and can't say on the radio.

Just scrap the fucking radio ban nonsense. That's not why people aren't watching anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom