• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Well, it's his to lose. Lewis will undoubtably storm forward quickly, especially with DRS, but it's a prime opportunity to increase that melted gap at least by a little again.

If he doesn't have to start on those flat spotted tyres and can stop locking up during the race after they re-build the broken part of the car.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Too bad. Vettel might have had a very good chance to overtake Rosberg at the start from P2.

Doesn't matter anyway. Nobody will be able to defend against the Mercs on the straight.

untitled-160bjm4.gif

untitled-182xj15.gif

Zeknurn

Too bad. Vettel might have had a very good chance to overtake Rosberg at the start from P2.

Doesn't matter anyway. Nobody will be able to defend against the Mercs on the straight.

Pretty much. It's going to be another Mercedes 1-2 and Vettel/Perez/Bottas third.

Aiii

So not worth it
Pretty sure we will get statements from both teams on this... Not saying any did something wrong, but both will try to gain something from this, or try to set precedent.

I think there are already agreements in place about track position. Bottas will say it is because of the tow, but he should have anticipated and left a bigger gap coming onto the straight. Either that or make a clean pass before the corner.

Business

That was an entertaining qualify. Outstanding job by Perez, Hamilton a total mess, how many mistakes did he do? Great third (second) for Ricciardo in the end too.

Aiii

So not worth it
Holy shit, Danny Ricky keeping it tense up until the very last. For such a relative shitbox PU, they do a pretty good job.

Did you miss that they upgraded and the engine is on par with FER now? Also, having a clean track helped him out a lot.

Shaneus

Did you miss that they upgraded and the engine is on par with FER now? Also, having a clean track helped him out a lot.
It is? Do we have numbers on output since these upgrades?

I thought they were still supposed to be low power compared to the Mercedes and Ferrari. If not, why are people still saying the Ferrari is faster off the line and RBR is no chance compared to Ferrari?

Aiii

So not worth it

I thought they were still supposed to be low power compared to the Mercedes and Ferrari. If not, why are people still saying the Ferrari is faster off the line and RBR is no chance compared to Ferrari?

If Ferrari is that much faster RBR would have been beaten by them in every race. Even if it is a little bit faster, the Renault is not a shitbox.

hadareud

The Translator

If that had anything to say about engine power, the Mercedes would be shit compared to the Ferrari too.

Mohonky

I wonder if it's a case of them making the linkages just strong enough (and therefore light enough) to deal with the general strain they will be put under or whether that impact just looked like there was nothing in it, because he just barely scrapes the wall and the steering linkage just completely lets go.

That first gif, watch Hamiltons steering wheel movement, it doesn't even flinch as the front right turns in on itself. Did he even hit the wall or did the linkage give out from the kerb?

[edit] Actually it looks like he definitely hit it, but it must have been by a bees dick width.

Shaneus

If Ferrari is that much faster RBR would have been beaten by them in every race. Even if it is a little bit faster, the Renault is not a shitbox.
That includes things like handling though. I'm still confident you'll see a Ferrari blow past an RBR down that straight at least a few times tomorrow and not the other way around.

Hasney

I wonder if it's a case of them making the linkages just strong enough (and therefore light enough) to deal with the general strain they will be put under or whether that impact just looked like there was nothing in it, because he just barely scrapes the wall and the steering linkage just completely lets go.

That first gif, watch Hamiltons steering wheel movement, it doesn't even flinch as the front right turns in on itself. Did he even hit the wall or did the linkage give out from the kerb?

[edit] Actually it looks like he definitely hit it, but it must have been by a bees dick width.

Sometimes it's just bad luck and it hits it just the right way no matter how light. Rosberg hit the wall on his lap and got away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom