• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSP

It's going to be a very interesting race. Hope that VES can overtake a couple of cars. Great performance by Perez, just too bad about the grid penalty. also KVY with great results it seems!

Zaru

Yeah, 335-345 are normal speeds without slipstream. With good slipstream 350+ kph it is :)

www.fia.com/file/43509/download?token=kBFi7F0I

This is gonna be a huge challenge for drivers tomorrow. Get the last corner before the straight so right that no DRS is in play, and then swerve like a madman to not let the pursuer get into your slipstream and gain entire cityblocks on you on that straight.

I bet Verstappen will bait someone into breaking too late at much too high speeds. His defense in Canada reminded me of the time when he said that he studies all those historical moves from famous drivers and applies them to situations he's in.

Mastah

Martin Brundle ‏@MBrundleF1 47m47 minutes ago

Thanks also to the Cardioligist and surgeon who fixed my serious heart issue 2 weeks ago and gave me confidence to race. I am 20 yrs younger

Hasney

Class act? He could hardly blame anyone else.

It felt like it was because of Channel 4's coverage. Even after he owned up to it they were saying "I don't buy it was his mistakes" and Lee even asked him if the sun got in his eyes. He didn't even blame the feeling of the car like they usually do, just said he wasn't on it.

Aiii

So not worth it
It felt like it was because of Channel 4's coverage. Even after he owned up to it they were saying "I don't buy it was his mistakes" and Lee even asked him if the sun got in his eyes. He didn't even blame the feeling of the car like they usually do, just said he wasn't on it.

Yet when Verstappen does the exact same thing "the kid is too young" and "the pressure is getting to him."

Funny how that works.

kharma45

The sun in his eyes was scraping the bottom of the barrel for hamilton fans, ie coulthard on c4 and the Sky team.

Then again maybe Hamilton is so #blessed the sun shines extra hard on him through that corner.

Hasney

The sun in his eyes was scraping the bottom of the barrel for hamilton fans, ie coulthard on c4 and the Sky team.

Then again maybe Hamilton is so #blessed the sun shines extra hard on him through that corner.

Sent a god ray into his eye "Shit, sorry bro, too much blessing right now".

Hasney

If the start goes well, Hamilton should be in the top 3 by lap 5 or 8.

That's the one thing Hamilton has been messing up all season though. Rosbergs haven't been great, just not as bad as Hamiltons. I wouldn't be shocked to see a Ferrari or Red Bull leading by the first corner.

Mastah

PCYdXwYh.jpg

"Track limits".

Just put that goddamn white line next to the wall and be done with it, otherwise it just looks stupid when at one track it means lap is disallowed but here everything is fine, because Whiting says so.

Mastah

Tom Clarkson ‏@TomClarksonF1 33m33 minutes ago

Fun, fast and unforgiving racetrack in Baku. In-car data from @ValtteriBottas recorded him at 376km/h (234mph). Yow! #bbcf1 #F1

Holy fuck :O

TomServo

Lol, we got the same Hamilton ballwashing in the US from Hobbs.

Mastah

Wouldn't that be the new all-time topspeed record by a LARGE margin?

Unofficial, possibly. Montoya with his 372.6 at Monza in 2005 and Maldonado's 366.4 in Mexico are official records, but I think speed traps were placed where there's no much more acceleration beyond them. Here in Baku there are few hundreds metres after start/finish line. I wonder what kind of crazy speeds we'll get tomorrow.

But I wonder, wouldn't that be world record in speed clocked on city streets?

hamchan

Yet when Verstappen does the exact same thing "the kid is too young" and "the pressure is getting to him."

Funny how that works.

Pretty much anyone else doesn't get the benefit Hamilton does from the Sky coverage.

"Ricciardo is feeling the pressure from his new teammate."
"Oh Rosberg can't handle the pressure of Hamilton catching up"

Meanwhile

"The sun was in Hamilton's eye, that's the only reason he hit the side there"

I normally like the Sky coverage but this is really embarrassing from them.

Shaneus

Bound to be one huge crash on the long straight from 16 to turn 1. I think a red flag is on the cards too, access to remove cars from track by he marshalls is awful.
Maybe they could just get a bunch of cats to do it.

Unless they're the marshalls.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
And my sister in law fucked me.

After swearing she wouldn't make her wedding the race weekend in Austin before I bought tickets, she made her wedding the race weekend after I bought tickets.

And then gave me the choice of moving it to my anniversary instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom