• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Some isolated showers are appearing near the circut, due to larger storm cells that are forming 20 km to the north

Zeknurn

All that excitement and in the end the result is the same. Too bad. Lets hope the Mercedes destroys the ultra softs tomorrow.

All that excitement and in the end the result is the same. Too bad. Lets hope the Mercedes destroys the ultra softs tomorrow.

Mercs are gentle on the tires so long as they are out front. In the pack not so much.

It's going to suck to be Nico, in the middle and on the wrong tires.

Mercs are gentle on the tires so long as they are out front. In the pack not so much.

As his crash was in Practice 3, at which point they already knew they were going to change the gearbox and incur the penalty they will have had the time to decide to set the car up for racing instead of cruising.

Being on different tyres could also help him get into clear air faster via alternate strategy as the ultrasofts everyone will start from will die quicker. Especially with quali laps on them.

Mercedes and their starts this year though.........I can see at a minimum Lewis losing two places into turn one.

Zeknurn

Both Mercs and especially Hamilton were destroying the ultra softs in FP3. We will have to wait and see if the setup changes has mitigated the problem and if the cooler conditions tomorrow helps them.

Vettel: "I underperformed, I should've taken more risks".

That smirk when he mentioned he was starting on the super softs though.

Mastah

Drying track in Q3, so it was all about driver confidence and we all know Jense is pretty good in such conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom