• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://streamable.com/6t2s

https://streamable.com/cpfq

untitled-2bkqv5.gif

kmag

What are the rules? Slower time in the sector, or just the corner covered by the yellow? Surely he was already in sector 2, but alonso probably got clear before Rosberg arrived at that corner.

You just have to have shown you've lifted between the flags. Sky have just replayed the section of the lap and it looks like Rosberg did slow down.

NHale

Sky basically begging for Rosberg to get done for not lifting.

Martin Brundle is tired of the conspiracy and shut down Crofty. Damn.

But Ted haven't spoke since the incident, so there is still hope he asks Toto Wolff for Nico to be DSQ from the WDC.

Par Score

On board clearly shows Rosberg got the double waved yellows, double waved yellows means slow down and prepare to stop.

Setting a purple sector pretty clearly shows he didn't do that, he should get a penalty.

spuckthew

Not sure just lifting is allowed any more is it? Can't remember.

Yeah, seems sketchy. "Oh, someone crashed and there are double yellows. I'll just take my foot off the gas for a split-second and floor it. LOL."

On board clearly shows Rosberg got the double waved yellows, double waved yellows means slow down and prepare to stop.

Setting a purple sector pretty clearly shows he didn't do that, he should get a penalty.

If the stewards adhere to the letter of the rules, I'm sure he will get a penalty. But who knows with them.

That was the fastest, most aggresive lift I ever seen.

Taking his foot off the throttle actually made him go faster than every other car...

Behold, the REAL German Jesus. Miracles and everything.

John_B

If you can do a lap time quick enough for pole through a zone with yellow flags by just lifting little to nothing what is the point then? Clearly safety is not improved in that zone then and going by situations like this, a driver earning pole, why would any driver lift enough to ruin their lap in the future?

dakun

If rosberg actually lifted enough for stewards to be satisfied, he'd have to be close to a lap record with his lap prior to lifting. He was nowhere near that.
I'd love a rosberg pole but that decision isn't even close to me.

seems like a penalty for rosberg should be coming up. he absolutely did not lift or slow enough. he only slowed for the turn, not because of the yellows at all.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If you can do a lap time quick enough for pole through a zone with yellow flags by just lifting little to nothing what is the point then? Clearly safety is not improved in that zone then and going by situations like this, a driver earning pole, why would any driver lift enough to ruin their lap in the future?

He also had a slow first sector. So unless his third sector was a miracle, he clearly made up a lot of time in S2

Mohonky

You just have to have shown you've lifted between the flags. Sky have just replayed the section of the lap and it looks like Rosberg did slow down.
Its not just lifting, your time must be lower through that sector for a demonstrable lift.

You cant go purple or set a PB through yellows, that just shows you werent slowing down at all.....

kmag

Its not just lifting, your time must be lower through that sector for a demonstrable lift.

You cant go purple or set a PB through yellows, that just shows you werent slowing down at all.....

That can't be right because it doesn't take the track conditions into account. As a hypothetical if it was pishing down all qualification, then rapidly you could easily set a pb in a particular sector even with a demonstrable lift between flags.

Mohonky

That can't be right because it doesn't take the track conditions into account. If it was pishing down all qualification, then rapidly you could easily set a pb in a particular sector even with a demonstrable lift between flags.

That is the ONLY possible explanation he can give. I would say they lookk at the improvement in that sector for other drivers during the sector. If they all improved marginally and he improved massively though, it would be fair consideration he didnnt drive to the flags. If he improved by the same sort of amount then he might have a case to say he lifted, but ordinarily, if you exceed your PB in a yellow sector, its pretty black and white.

I didnt see quali though so I dont know what happen, just saying that during a yellow sector, you cant just lift and say yeh I slowed down, it has to be a demonstrable drop in speed ober the sector which would a higher sector time, but going purple or PB? Going to be a bit touchy on that.

sam777

That is the ONLY possible explanation he can give. I would say they lookk at the improvement in that sector for other drivers during the sector. If they all improved marginally and he improved massively though, it would be fair consideration he didnnt drive to the flags. If he improved by the same sort of amount then he might have a case to say he lifted, but ordinarily, if you exceed your PB in a yellow sector, its pretty black and white.

I didnt see quali though so I dont know what happen, just saying that during a yellow sector, you cant just lift and say yeh I slowed down, it has to be a demonstrable drop in speed ober the sector which would a higher sector time, but going purple or PB? Going to be a bit touchy on that.

When Rosberg reached the yellows it was only a very small part of the track, which included a turn, so him lifting did not cost him much due to needing to brake for the turn anyway.

dalin80

Banned

They will simply say 'the track conditions improved substantially' and that will be the end of it. In my view that silly hand wave and token 1% lift they do is no where near enough, under any circumstances where a double yellow is thrown is should literally mean 'Prepare to stop!'.

RankoSD

Purple sector under a double yellow? Hmm...
And the track conditions haven't improved substantially, I could imagine that happening under transition from wet to slick tires like in Q2 though.

But I guess stewards will let it slide because Alonso has already recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom