• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
untitled-339p7a.gif

olore

Seriously. F1 need to stop shortchanging itself with these clown interviewers.

Hell, whenever Lewis wins he interviews himself and then nr 2 and 3

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN

Probably not the best place to mention this, but it's not like anything exciting happened during the grand prix, so why not?

Every single image you ever post on this forum shows up as a dead link to me. Any idea why? Judging by the reactions your images garner, it's probably just me, but I'm curious as to why it may be. I have a pretty good internet connection and don't run any browser extensions. Just vanilla chrome here.

NewDust

The problem with the Hungaroring is that dull races are extremely dull, but isn't it one of the highest rating circuits by fans? I'd rather not see it go, but than we will have to live with a dull race every so often, but I guess that will count for most tracks.

Zeknurn

I'm glad that I didn't buy tickets for Hockenheim at the start of this year. I think I'll put the money towards a Formula E race instead.

Watching Ros smilling 24/7 is so weird to look at. Its so fake.

Is this really what 43 point lead to 6 point deficit in a championship battle really looks,like?

spuckthew

Ham and Ros were asked about the yellow flag situation. Hamilton basically calling for more strict rules regarding double-waved, saying the merest lift shouldn't be deemed appropriate. Rosberg defending himself by saying he lost 20kph, and on a drying track it's clear how he gained the time and went purple.

Given the evidence, and what Hulk did in Austria, I do believe Rosberg was in the right (to the letter of the rules); but I think double-waved yellows need to be strict slow zones going forward to eliminate any uncertainty and to improve safety.

NHale

Ham and Ros were asked about the yellow flag situation. Hamilton basically calling for more strict rules regarding double-waved, saying the merest lift shouldn't be deemed appropriate. Rosberg defending himself by saying he lost 20kph, and on a drying track it's clear how he gained the time and went purple.

Given the evidence, and what Hulk did in Austria, I do believe Rosberg was in the right (to the letter of the rules); but I think double-waved yellows need to be strict slow zones going forward to eliminate any uncertainty and to improve safety.

Double waved yellows in practice/qualify should be similar to VSC situation in that zone.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Double waved yellows in practice/qualify should be similar to VSC situation in that zone.

Yep. How does VSC work? Is it an enforced speed limit that stops the cars going over it? If so then they should do the same for double yellows. No room for argument then

DBT85

Yep. How does VSC work? Is it an enforced speed limit that stops the cars going over it? If so then they should do the same for double yellows. No room for argument then

Not a speed limit per se, more a timing limit.

There are timing loops every few hundred meters around each track. Under a VSC the driver is given a set time at which they are supposed to go through them.

Mastah

Esteban Gutierrez ‏@EstebanGtz 5m5 minutes ago

Being a world champion doesn't give you the right to be disrespectful to your competitors, my friend @LewisHamilton

Oh noes, bad, bad #blessed. He will cry tonight looking at his winner's trophy, while Gutierrez will have to explain to his team why he was ignoring blue flags for which he got penalty.

spuckthew

lol Gutierrez. There's a reason you got a penalty son.

Yep. Let's not try to define what is considered to be enough of a lift. A speed limiter is clear cut and there's no way to get around it. If the zone happens to go green before you reach it, then fair play, but that's not what happened yesterday.

spuckthew

He receives warning about ignoring blue flags almost every race. Looks like he is venting a bit.

"Please don't gesticulate at me, Mr Hamilton.. I'm blind and too shit to follow the rules."

As one his Twitter comments mentioned (he's being eaten alive out there), if he wants respect he should respect the sporting code.

Now that Maldonado has gone, who are the drivers that would class as utter shite? Gutierrez has to be number one, then Ericson. Haryanto is an outsider. He deserves longer to prove he's not shit but I don't think he'll get it.

dalin80

Banned
Hamilton flipped the bird after being blocked by Gutierrez for almost whole lap. Some disrespect that, lol.

It was actually a bit of a misunderstanding , with the new radio ban Hamilton was forced to rely on more old fashioned methods to ascertain wind speed, direction and temperature.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Williams is getting sloppy at pitstops, Mercedes managed 2.15 today and snatched DHL award for 1/100 of a second

Zaru

I'm glad that I didn't buy tickets for Hockenheim at the start of this year.

My feelings for the Red Bull Ring. Was so close to going, but realized it wouldn't be worth it. I'm hoping for next year's rules to shake things up, but we'll see...

Mastah

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/g...ilton-s-lack-of-respect-after-gesture-802019/

"I didn't ignore them. I simply had two airplanes coming from behind, coming very quickly - so, of course, I was focused on my race and they came very quickly, and I was trying to find the safest place to let him [Hamilton] by."

Wot?

"You never know, maybe in the future I will be fighting [for] the championship with him so he has to respect that."

I'm afraid it won't happen, mate.

"It's one thing Esteban got penalised with five seconds - and we still need to check the data and the timing - but I think the five seconds were taken because the gesture was done, not because he was holding him up.

Don't think so, Mr Steiner.

Look at the bright side, you might as well be attending one of the last Italian GPs ever in Monza!

That's actually the only reason I'm doing it. I wanted the friend I go to these with to experience that particular one. I'm sure Imola will be fine, but it doesn't have Monza's history.

Plus Milan is so much cooler than Bologna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom