• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

I'm sure most fans would prefer multiple teams/drivers to get a shot at a world title instead of ... this.

Remember those times when we had 6 different champions in 7 years from 2004-2010?

The sport needs changes to pull other teams up to a even level. Like revenue sharing or tighter regulations. It would be great if each race you could maybe actually see a Force India or Williams winning on merit.

The sport needs changes to pull other teams up to a even level. Like revenue sharing or tighter regulations. It would be great if each race you could maybe actually see a Force India or Williams winning on merit.

Smaller teams don't need rule changes!! They need rules stability to enable them to catch up

Just look at 2008, it was almost a perfect year with almost all the teams reaching the podium and mid-field teams getting better.. If only those regs were maintained for few more years we would've had a well-balanced formula rather than this monkey shit

Zeknurn

I'm sure most fans would prefer multiple teams/drivers to get a shot at a world title instead of ... this.

Remember those times when we had 6 different champions in 7 years from 2004-2010?

Nah, it's more important to focus on pointless things like track limits and radio rules instead of fixing the actual problem with the sport and the reason for loss of reviews.

If the 2017 regulations doesn't shift the focus from being an engine formula back to being a chassi formula I think it's going to speed up the end of the sport. If the series isn't competitive when it goes exclusively pay-tv. Oh boy.

frontieruk

Nah, it's more important to focus on pointless things like track limits and radio rules instead of fixing the actual problem with the sport and the reason for loss of reviews.

If the 2017 regulations doesn't shift the focus from being an engine formula back to being a chassi formula I think it's going to speed up the end of the sport. If the series isn't competitive when it goes exclusively pay-tv. Oh boy.

Yeah because those Mercedes powered Force India's, Manors and Williams are taking up positions 3 - 8 regularly with no sight other teams touching them... /S

TCRS

Banned
Man I just can't warm up to Vettel even if he's a Ferrari driver. This guy is four times world champion but still looks, talks and behaves like a fucking child and not a sun god whose destiny it is to bring glory back to Ferrari and dominate Formula 1 for a decade. I just can't like that guy.

Fuck it I'm setting all my hope on Mick Schumacher. Schumi! Schumi!

BigAl1992

Yeah, I agree sadly. It's actually been for this reason and the sheer walkover it's been for the last seven years now that I've stopped watching the races altogether since the start of June, and I say this as someone who's wearing a Ferrari t-shirt while typing this and has watched the sport for nearly all of my life.

Here's my biggest problem, or rather problems with F1 right now;

1. 1 There's too much dominance by one team. Ever since 2011, there's only been two teams that won the WCC and two drivers that won the WDC. Why? Because with the exception of of 2011, where it went down to the wire, the team up front completely bossed everyone around by having the people who best knew the formula. Aerodynamics? Red Bull had Adrian Newry, so that was those championship sewn up. Hybrid engines? Mercedes have been making those for years, so these Championships are sewn up before the season even started. Too much dominance and it's causing people to switch off.
  2. 2 Inter team battles are lifeless. When Vettel was winning for Red Bull, Webber wasn't able to put it up to him because the car suited Vettel more than it did Webber. Ws that because he wass a bad driver? No, he's World Endurance Champion with Porsche right now, and you don't win that by sheer luck alone. Mercedes? Different story but same end result. When one car is 2-3 seconds up the road, the race is basically over as unless the car upfront has a problem, you can forget about the car in second catching up to them. Why? Because the team will give them a bullshit excuse to not risk losing the 1-2 and then try to pretty it up to the media once the race is done, regardless of who the team is. A fucking pathetic scene to a casual fan watching an F1, who want to see, you know, Racing, as in Actual Car Racing, not a procession for two hours.
  3. 3 There's no characters in the field. Do you remember the days, when the likes of Surtees won the world championship on 4 wheels and 2, or when drivers would take part in races such as Le mans during the season, or having very public spats with one another (Prost and Senna) from different teams, or when schumacher went to the Mclaren garage at spa in 1998 to have a fight with coulthard (at least I wish they did)? Remember about hearing those those days? I miss those days. Most of the drivers today aren't characters to me, no matter what people say otherwise. They're just there to sell a good or a product or be as Politically Correct as possible to make themselves look good to the camera. None of this #blessed or GermanJesus or Secondberg bullshit appeals to me. It's all manufactured, it's all pointless, it's all fake. None of the drivers care about you or anyone who pays good money to see these races. They only care about squeezing as much money as they can from you and winning the races as easily and as effortlessly as they can, so that they can get back to paying for their flat in Monaco.
  4. 4 The races are processions. A major killer in my eyes, as I tend to look at all this from the viewpoint of a casual fan, not as a person who's watched this for 20 odd years. The races, as I've already said on this post, as just two guys who get up front and unless something fucks up for the one guy, the other guy is guaranteed a win. There's no close racing that we had in the latter half of the 2000's, where you didn't know who was going to win. There was none of this pointless and useless rule and format changes happening every season and even during seasons. It was just racing between several people looking for the win. Not......this........that we have now.

I think you get the message now on how I look upon F1 now. And I take no joy in saying that. All I know is that the German GP is on in approx. 4 minutes, and I'm not going to watch it as I have for several races now, as I'm too disenfranchised and frankly, don't care about any driver from the grid or any of the teams for that matter. And it saddens me that I have to say that about Formula 1, but that's where I'm at now, and it'll take a lot of convincing to me to go back to watch these races.

Tighter regs won't help small teams. It just makes engineering a faster car more expensive.
Prize money should just restributed more evenly. Penalizing a team on the back of grid is counterproductive.
You are basically forcing them to stay there forever.

Clegg

Yeah, Nick. Remember the strategy for the first 4 laps. The one that didn't foresee you dropping to fourth after one lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom