• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
ConH2b8WAAEWZVZ.jpg:large

gotta love statistics.. Kimi is the better driver this year..

And it seems like he found his mojo for few races now and clearly last race. If it wasn't for Ferrari's blunder he would've out-qualified Vettel quite easily too

EDIT: just going through some statistics.. Ferrari is the only team that scored points in every race.. (I hope I don't jinx them)

Someone should have a talk with him. He's completely broken and I don't know if he isn't putting himself and others in danger by driving in this state.

Tough world the motorsport, they chew you up and spit your bones if you don't have a tough skin.

We tend to forget that it's a job and those drivers are employees. And at his age there's a lot of pride and emotions involved, he should've had a mentor throughout the whole thing that happened to him, whether he caused it or not, but probably he knows more or less that he's gone and he's thinking of his future. From a hero to zero and he didn't get enough time to secure his future (financially)

I'm 34 and I've gone through shit at work, and believe me it's not an easy thing to deal with while I'm just sitting behind a desk, he needs to go out and put his life in danger while hating his job..

I agree with you, in this state of mind he could be really dangerous

Poor kid

Zaru

Probably that it doen't matter where they are as long as they arent p1.

It's all relative. Being second best when the best team obliterates everyone is just a consolation prize. Being third when everything's close and several teams are capable of winning (e.g. 2010, 2012) can still get you closer to the top.

Wow, phenomenal GP2/3 races. If only F1 was that exciting throughout the race and final laps.
Ferrari officially in third place now.

lol I want to die.
Ferrari returning to their pre-Schumacher mediocrity.

Ferrari of the 80s: 0 championships
Ferrari of the 90s: 0 championships
Ferrari of the Schumachers: 6 championships
Ferrari of the 10s: 0 championships

Wow, phenomenal GP2/3 races. If only F1 was that exciting throughout the race and final laps.
Ferrari returning to their pre-Schumacher mediocrity.

Ferrari of the 80s: 0 championships
Ferrari of the 90s: 0 championships
Ferrari of the Schumachers: 6 championships
Ferrari of the 10s: 0 championships

Ferrari Kimi 1 WDC 2x WCC

Orbis

Gasly DQ'd from the race on safety grounds for having an empty fire extinguisher. Those watching will recall it going off during the race. Fucking hell. I have no idea what the precedent is for this, but exclusion seems awfully harsh.
Pierre Gasly excluded from Feature Race results
Following today’s Feature Race at Hockenheim, when checking the car of Pierre Gasly after the race, it was found that the fire extinguisher of car #21 was empty. The Stewards considered that the car did not comply with the safety equipment regulations.
Therefore, Gasly will start tomorrow’s Sprint Race from the back of the grid whilst his teammate Antonio Giovinazzi will start on reverse pole.
Source: http://www.gp2series.com/News-Room/News/2016/07_July/Hockenheim-Post-Feature-Race-penalty/

Mastah

If this is a safety issue, he should've been black flagged during the race. He wasn't, so stewards can fuck themselves. Absolutely stupid decision.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Yeah, I saw that smoke during the race. First thought was fire, but someone said it was the extinguisher. Stewards can't really check at that point to give him a black and orange flag though. That's totally a bummer for Gasly.

Mastah

Why is Jeffri even in GP2? I would repeatedly punch him in the face for moves he makes, like the one today. Useless and talentless driver.

Orbis

Really hoping that now that teams have to share all radio (which I thought they did anyway) we can get more of it.
I suspect we'll get a fair bit. The main motivation for scrapping the restrictions was to benefit the viewers. But yeah I was also under the impression that all of it could be broadcast before, I had no idea they had a 'privacy button'. Glad that's gone.

dEvAnGeL

Im a bit behind on news and was just catching up but that alonso quote that vettel won the 2012 title passing under yellow flags was a stinger lol, also that he made the right choice leaving ferrari, im not a ferrari fan myself but it kinda sucks seeing such a legend team struggle like that, i would love to see ricciardo win a title with redbull before he moves to another team

Zaru

i would love to see ricciardo win a title with redbull before he moves to another team

I'm sure most fans would prefer multiple teams/drivers to get a shot at a world title instead of ... this.

Remember those times when we had 6 different champions in 7 years from 2004-2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom