• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

Vettel looks incredibly rough compared to Kimi. Along with Rosberg having technical problems, tomorrow's race is going to be a shitbox.

spuckthew

They showed a replay of Hamilton going wide at T1, and he set purple S1. Hopefully nothing will come of it since he subsequently locked up and didn't snatch pole.

tonka

They showed a replay of Hamilton going wide at T1, and he set purple S1. Hopefully nothing will come of it since he subsequently locked up and didn't snatch pole.
Of course it won't, he has immunity as part of his contract now. Didn't you hear?

(Although I think everyone seems to have immunity to that rule)

Orbis

Nice move by Sirotkin there.

So Sirotkin hasn't been penalised per se but his pit stop doesn't count? That makes F1 look consistent.
It's an odd decision, I didn't know there was a 'mandatory pitstop' rule, I assumed it was just that you had to run two compounds. I know they are inherently linked but if there is no seperate mandatory pitstop rule then the 'penalty' makes no sense. And what happens if you already made your mandatory stop, then later pit under VSC? Different penalty? He has been fairly penalised in my view, but I question the way they have done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom