• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibbed

I wonder if some of you see the difference between this and Austria. Deserved penalty, but rosberg can not steer into the apex if he's simply too fast. He turned the moment he was slow enough to turn the corner, unlike in Austria

In Austria he gained nothing from it, this time he did.

No respect, no racecraft.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
fs7fAjG.gif

"Can you explain to them I was on full lock on steering and couldn't turn any more,"

mR16z9rm.png

Rodelero

Probably they don't want Lewis at the end on old Softs with Nico going at him with newer Supers.

Yeah. They don't know which of the two strategies is going to be faster necessarily but it doesn't matter. For Lewis, matching strategies is the safest option with the highest probability of victory. Fairly obvious really - if you're ahead and match what those behind are doing, you can't really lose.

kmag

Would like to see an overlay of Vestappens line into the hairpin on a normal lap and then when defending there.

I'm not defending Rosberg, but on the replay it certainly looks like Vestappens twitch changed Rosbergs angle into the corner, but I suppose that's what other pedal is for.

DBT85

I'm not defending Rosberg, but on the replay it certainly looks like Vestappens twitch changed Rosbergs angle into the corner, but I suppose that's what other pedal is for.

Yeah I think it did. Surprised they didn't give Ves something. That's why I'm wondering about his normal line in to the corner. Convinced Rosberg was slow enough to turn in much earlier though.

Vet overruling the team!

Ty4on

What did Nico do to get the stop and go? Watching since lap 40 with no audio in my hotel.
Went deep on Verstappen, forcing him off the track. His defense was that Verstappen changed his course slightly when braking and when Rosberg eventually turned in he turned at full lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom