• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

I did think Verstappen was a bit overzealous trying to squeeze down the inside in turn 1. It didn't seem like it provided him any advantage for the risk.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Magnussen has injured ankle. This would be interesting situation if he had to skip Monza. Renault reserve driver is currently in Manor....

Seems a bit unfortunate for all concerned

Vettel could have left more space, but can he see Verstappen in his mirrors? Should he expect to need to leave more room, or should he be focused on staying ahead of Raikkonen going into eau rouge and therefore not leaving any more than he think he needs to? Should Verstappen be diving in when there's minimal room after a poor getaway?

I think only Raikkonen comes out clean

Staab

Verstappen shouldn't have dived in there, he did not have enough room and was lucky Kimi left him any to start with, as can be confirmed by Max being all 4 wheels on the kerb.

Vettel did turn in too tightly but he was ahead and thought Kimi had room.

Kimi not one bit to blame there.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh please, if you can't handle people suggesting that your favourite driver might be wrong you should try watching a solo sport instead, like Tennis.

Verstappen did his move thinking that the car in front of him would get out of the way (like he always does). It's up to the car behind to slow down enough to make the turn without playing bumper cars.

His lack of patience punished him this time, move on and learn something from it.

I am the one not blaming anyone and calling it a racing incident. Lots of people are trying to blame either Vettel or Verstappen because of whatever preference they have. Both saw a valid opening to get ahead, and there was nothing Kimi could do.

If you can't handle what I say, or don't want to read it, put me on ignore.

Jezbollah

As much as I like Max, Vettel was driving to ensure two drivers had enough room around that corner, not for three. Max was going for a gap that was there but quickly closed off.

hamchan

Looking at it again it's a racing incident for sure. Can't expect Vettel to account for another car in the inside and Max, even if I don't think it was smart, is certainly allowed to try and take that inside line.

Poor Kimi lol.

Upinsmoke

Max was already alongside kimi.
Kimi would have given room for max and no incident would have occurred.
Vettel cut across assuming kimi could move to his right.

Racing incident.

Thing is, it's always a bloody racing incident with Max Verstappen. He's the blue eye, new golden boy and has been labelled future world champion by every media outlet, it seems he's immune to criticism yet a lot of these incidents are avoidable and he's still very reckless. Thinking back to the race where he kept changing racing position in front of Kimi.

paskowitz

Vettel couldn't anthicipate what was happening on the inside of the corner. I'm sure he couldn't see Verstappen on the inside of Raikkonen. Verstappen was unable to anthicipate Vettel turning in on the outside and the result was Raikkonen being squeezed. Racing incident.

Vettel hit Rai before Ver hit Rai. Ver's move was dumb but Vettel's was dumberer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom