• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldrusher

https://streamable.com/yqsq

CtkTEO0WgAAvt2f.jpg:large

CBoy97i.jpg

CtkT9uNWcAAQOt0.jpg

auWn97K.jpg

CtkUIzDWIAAFCxJ.jpg

CtkT-ldXEAAqS47.jpg

ramparter

Banned
Sainz confirmed that he was approached by Renault, but refused to stay with Red Bull, where he wants to fight for the championship in 2018. Perez is already saying that he's considering options outside F1 if he can't sign a good deal 'til next week.

EDIT: these Manor posters are really cool! http://manorf1team.com/news/16-05-26/race-posters#&gid=1&pid=9
He will get stuck in Torro Rosso, Renault could prove better if they dont leave this time.

Anyway Honda will give Nando new engine. Alonso says they are now the forth fastest(behind speed of light, speed of sound and thor dark world)

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I thought his contract was settled?

From Motorsport article

Although Perez has a contract with Force India for next season, the deal does depend on the completion of commercial arrangements with his Mexican backers.

Speaking in Malaysia on Thursday, Perez had suggested that time was running out for those negotiations between his sponsors and the team to be concluded – as he hinted there could be possibilities elsewhere.
It is not a secret that Perez is eyeing Ferrari seat from 2018 onwards....

I'm more suprised to see fuel [?] flowing that high up in the car ...

Looks like fuel managed to get into air vents. Luckily this happened in the pits, imagine this on a straight at 300 km/h.

itsgreen

Looks like fuel managed to get into air vents. Luckily this happened in the pits, imagine this on a straight at 300 km/h.

I predict not much would happen...

Most fires I have seen in F1 (on a rolling car) weren't that big, and only started to get big when the car came to a stop...

They were lucky that it didn't happen a few seconds later when the car would have been in the garage. That would have been messy with all those extinguishers.

Awesome pace from Lewis, shame he's gonna throw it all away with another terrible start in two days time.
N
ah, it's Rosberg's time now.

I feel like we still haven't seen a straight fight between the two all season. Neither of them can start properly and/or their car goes to shit or is claimed to go to shit. I just feel like this drivers championship is the fight that never happened; I can't recall when they last were fighting each other for position. Qualifying close is one thing, but out-driving each other on the track is another. Give me that and I'll be okay with the Mercs up front

spuckthew

I can't recall when they last were fighting each other for position. Qualifying close is one thing, but out-driving each other on the track is another. Give me that and I'll be okay with the Mercs up front

Austria is the only race I can think of where we got something. Didn't Hamilton get a bad start and then had to fight his way back? We got that last-lap collision because Rosberg has zero race craft, which was pretty juicy. I don't know...maybe it wasn't as good as I remember because most of the season has been pretty rubbish.

Lach

Only just heard about Magnussens car and found a P1 on Sky recording on youtube.

There was this shot of the fuel running out and blisters building on the car....looked scary. Luckily nothing happened.

Chris R

I feel like we still haven't seen a straight fight between the two all season. Neither of them can start properly and/or their car goes to shit or is claimed to go to shit. I just feel like this drivers championship is the fight that never happened; I can't recall when they last were fighting each other for position. Qualifying close is one thing, but out-driving each other on the track is another. Give me that and I'll be okay with the Mercs up front

Whoever's in front after T1 wins the race unless something bad happens.

Fucking clean air

Zeknurn

I hope Rosberg has got more in the bag or else this race is already over.

@andihaupt1
#F1: #Renault wants 2 new drivers for 2017. #Hülkenberg, #Bottas, #Sainz on wish list.
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/renault-will-huelkenberg-bottas-und-sainz-11563026.html

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-clamps-down-on-double-yellows-831900/
Formula 1 drivers have been told that they must now abandon quick laps in practice and qualifying if double waved yellow warning flags are displayed.
It took a while but they finally got there.

Channel 4 just confirmed that Perez has signed with Force India for another year and it will be announced tomorrow.

Mastah

Webber said he spoke to Vettel and Buemi and while 2017 prototype tyres are step forward compared to what we have now, there is still, I quote, "huge degradation". Also Brundle yesterday suggested more or less the same.

Not really surprising, isn't it?

Zeknurn

Does Petronas fill the stands by giving away free tickets to their employees? Because seeing people wave Petronas flag is a bit weird.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I've got a feeling Rosberg's hiding pace. Not sure why.

Edit: lol, just realised I paused my Sky box and I'm about 5 minutes behind.

spuckthew

Ugh, that feeling when you think the quali is on later than it actually is. Or was :/

I actually thought it was on a whole 3 hours earlier. Was prepared to get up at 7 but managed to sleep in until 10 :D

Even the race is slightly later than I thought (still earlier than today though).

Better than a 0.7s gap, though.

*Sarcasm radar defective* Come on, LH had far from a representative weekend in Singapore. Very little quality track time due to various issues. Nobody in their right mind took away from Singapore quali that NR is really 0.7s up on LH on a normal weekend. NR neing nearly 0.5s down on LH, on the other hand, has happened a couple of times now without issues affecting NR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom