• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DD

I don't understand this. The guy didn't have a great weekend and his main rival did. So f*ckin what?! Is this that bizarre? Was he singing while driving? As if Rosberg didn't have any talent and Hamilton has the obligation to beat him every time his car hasn't any kind of problem... What kind of BS is that?!

NHale

Ex-Renault Formula 1 chief and driver manager Flavio Briatore:

"Hamilton is a bit 'DJ,' a bit 'rapper.' He has great talent, but if you want to win you have to concentrate on only one thing.

"If I were him, I would work a little less on music and more on F1."

Hamilton makes rap singles?

So you can't have kids, right? Because when you have kids you really can't concentrate on only one thing. And btw Nico had a child last year. So what's Flavio's point again?

This is such a dumb argument which is most likely rooted in a deeper issue (racism) because you can't seriously believe drivers will dedicate themselves to being a better driver 24h per day. I could argue that having a hobby that doesn't connect with F1 likely improves Hamilton performance because it helps with the stress and tension of a WDC bid.

Orbis

So you can't have kids, right? Because when you have kids you really can't concentrate on only one thing. And btw Nico had a child last year. So what's Flavio's point again?

This is such a dumb argument which is most likely rooted in a deeper issue (racism) because you can't seriously believe drivers will dedicate themselves to being a better driver 24h per day. I could argue that having a hobby that doesn't connect with F1 likely improves Hamilton performance because it helps with the stress and tension of a WDC bid.
Also he's a three time World Champion. But nope, apparently he's been doing it wrong all this time.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I don't get this obsession with Hamilton's private life. Every driver has other things in his life. Whether it's family, another sport, making music, having a dog, getting a tattoo, or making music, who cares.

I don't get this obsession with Hamilton's private life. Every driver has other things in his life. Whether it's family, another sport, making music, having a dog, getting a tattoo, or making music, who cares.

It's from this old perception that F1 drivers are supposed to be like gentlemen on and off track or something.

It's dumb and old-fashioned. If Hamilton wants to be a fucking rockstar, then so be it. It's entirely up to him how he balances that with his work and it clearly seems like he got good at it.

It's from this old perception that F1 drivers are supposed to be like gentlemen on and off track or something.

It's dumb and old-fashioned. If Hamilton wants to be a fucking rockstar, then so be it. It's entirely up to him how he balances that with his work and it clearly seems like he got good at it.
There was nothing Gentleman about James Hunt though and Hamilton is nowhere near the level of IDGAF as Piquet.

DD

So, hum... Does anyone here follow the European Formula 3 closely? I just read an article about Lance Stroll and I'm like, holy f*ck! ಠ_ಠ

Line_HTX

Red Bull Racing ‏@redbullracing 41m41 minutes ago

Back to back flyaways, first up Malaysia & then Japan. Here's Max's thoughts on both races �� http://win.gs/2dm7ePj #F1 �� #MalaysianGP ����

CtSaJdyXEAIfWaC.jpg:large

Max is a Red Bull weeb. ;P

spuckthew

Back to back weekends of getting up early.

5am race start for Japan. I don't why I bother...it's not like it'll actually be worthwhile.

Back to back weekends of getting up early.

5am race start for Japan. I don't why I bother...it's not like it'll actually be worthwhile.
Actually there was a time when i had to get up to watch the races live, and from south america (Chile) that meant ALL races with the exception of Canada and Brazil... Then DVR came into me life :')

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Actually there was a time when i had to get up to watch the races live, and from south america (Chile) that meant ALL races with the exception of Canada and Brazil... Then DVR came into me life :')

DVRs are fine as long as you turn your radio alarm off. The horrible sinking feeling as the news spurts out the result before your brain can register it and turn the radio off..

Fox Mulder

DVRs are fine as long as you turn your radio alarm off. The horrible sinking feeling as the news spurts out the result before your brain can register it and turn the radio off..

Yeah, an espn sports update for a regular music radio station ruined verstappens victory for me. I've never heard them cover f1 before, and haven't since. Jerks.

Chris R

I've only been spoiled for a single race this year, Spain, because there was a post from the sports subreddit that made the front page "Youngest ever winner in F1"

lol

Nice starting times for the next few races at least

TR should get a Renault engine again next year, right? With their aero package it's probably going to be a pretty sweet car. The frozen Ferrari engine really hurt them as the season went on this year.

Presumably. I don't think we've even heard any confirmation of it though. I'd salivate at the prospect of STR getting on equal engine footing with RB again. Seeing Kvyat hold off Verstappen was pretty fun to watch.

I have to stop myself checking Reddit/All in the mornings. I remember earlier this year waking up, checking reddit in bed, and the first thing I see is "MERCEDES TAKE EACH OTHER OUT IN SPAIN" I was so heated

Aiii

So not worth it
Mercedes are fucking peasants. The Japanese laugh at your measly bhp output.
----
4 GP's, five weeks, loving it.

Line_HTX

Mercedes are fucking peasants. The Japanese laugh at your measly bhp output.
----
4 GP's, five weeks, loving it.

This is the stretch of races starting from Singapore that's the most entertaining. It's too bad by this point the Driver's Championship stops being real close by a lot of drivers.

I have to stop myself checking Reddit/All in the mornings. I remember earlier this year waking up, checking reddit in bed, and the first thing I see is "MERCEDES TAKE EACH OTHER OUT IN SPAIN" I was so heated

I went on the F1 site to see when the race was due for Singapore... and saw the result at the bottom of the timing info. Not my smartest move.

I remember watching a DVR race a couple years ago, and then during it I was like "huh, I wonder what such and such stats are on this person/track" and googled it and ruined everything... I went back to watching them all live after that. Haha.

I remember watching a DVR race a couple years ago, and then during it I was like "huh, I wonder what such and such stats are on this person/track" and googled it and ruined everything... I went back to watching them all live after that. Haha.
well of course, when you DVR you have to shut off all contact with internet, which sometimes I forget since im subbed to Ferrari's mailing list

well of course, when you DVR you have to shut off all contact with internet, which sometimes I forget since im subbed to Ferrari's mailing list

Yeah, it was a really stupid mistake. Haha.

I enjoy waking up early for those 6am races. I go to my friends house and watch them live with some Tims or McDs though. It's great.

Zaru

I love that Formula E is getting more and more support from manufacturers.

It's a foray into electric cars and much cheaper to get into. With the budget cap, you could run an entire Formula E team for 10 years before even hitting what Manor spends in one year.

Zeknurn

I love that Formula E is getting more and more support from manufacturers.

I give it two years before Formula E has a stronger lineup of teams than Formula 1.

Renault
Audi
Jaguar
BMW
Volvo

Mercedes?
Ford?
Toyota?
Honda?

Speaking of which, Agag has ruled out a role in F1,
"There haven’t been any contacts at all, whatsoever," he told Reuters in an interview at his London headquarters on Tuesday.

"My interest is Formula E and I think there is still so much to be done in Formula E and it’s really exciting to be in Formula E," said the 46-year-old Spanish businessman.

"I think I could not go anywhere without Formula E. So wherever I go, Formula E has to come, in a way. Formula E is like my baby. I founded it, we were very few in the beginning and we’ve taken it to this point and I don’t think I can stay apart from Formula E."

kharma45

I think I'm going to try to follow Formula E this season and support Jaguar. Car looks brilliant and they've someone from Northern Ireland for me to cheer on. I can't not support someone from home!

How people forget that these guys are supposed to be larger than life. Would we care about James Hunt if he didnt down a Jack Daniel's before a race?

spuckthew

Horrible times tho. :(

I'd say it's better tbh. I invariably wake up at 10-11am on weekends so the two morning races will get me up earlier and potentially allow me to be more productive for the remainder of the day. And three evening races...well, I don't do a lot on Sunday evenings anyway as that's when I truly unwind before the working week starts again.

Early-afternoon races are arguably worse because people go out during the day and make plans etc.

Obviously you don't have to watch the races live, but then you have to faff around DVRing it or whatever and try to avoid spoilers all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom