• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

Virtually Live presents Formula E Season Two Highlights

Welcome to our demo, we are excited to share our first public product!

Introducing Virtually Live, the true VR company, where fans can watch live events in virtual venues as if they were there, but better. In Virtually Live, fans never miss a live event and easily find the best location to watch with friends. We transform the traditional viewing experience by giving users the ability to be an active participant in the experience.

Virtually Live tracks live events in real-time and recreates them in fully-rendered virtual environments, delivering the best fan experience. Users can join their friends online to watch live events from; the VIP room, the driver's seat, the stands, or even in the pit lane!

Key Features:
-Experience Live events in VR
-Freedom of movement through teleportation giving you, the fan, an all access pass
-Ability to create your own viewing experience
-Realism of event supported by other live media: audio from athletes or cars, tv broadcasts, commentary
-Socialize with friends, family, and other fans
-Feel the sense of visiting real world venues and events

Works on Vive and the Rift.

DD

Speaking of Formula E, another electric championship is born. The Electric GT Championship.

CtbTJ9KXEAAQ3Nw.jpg

CtbiGIfWIAA-uJe.jpg

CtbqisDWAAAocVW.jpg

Sexy Tesla. <3

Speaking of Formula E, another electric championship is born. The Electric GT Championship.

CtbTJ9KXEAAQ3Nw.jpg

CtbiGIfWIAA-uJe.jpg

CtbqisDWAAAocVW.jpg

Sexy Tesla. <3

I'd love to see Tesla in Formula E, but I'm sure the formula is too restrictive for them.

Still, the starts of those GT cars should be fun to watch.

Mastah

Remember when #blessed tweeted telemetry comparison after quali at Spa in 2012?

“Lewis’s tweets? They were simulator comparisons – it wasn’t even real data!” Button reveals.

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/f1/button-lewis-s-tweet-it-wasn-t-even-real

But 4 years ago Jenson said something a little different:

"We work so hard to improve the car and keep things like that secret and private. I didn't want to see it on Twitter. It was the whole telemetry from qualifying. It wasn't just the rear wing. I was very surprised and disappointed."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2012/sep/03/jenson-button-lewis-hamilton-f1-tweet

Good old mind games and office politics.

Teslas are already pretty beastly when it comes to acceleration, so that racing discipline should be entertaining.

well of course, when you DVR you have to shut off all contact with internet, which sometimes I forget since im subbed to Ferrari's mailing list

I used to watch using my sister's cable login on NBC Sports online. But their main page is a fucking minefield of spoilers for everything, which you have to navigate through to watch the full replays.

I've since gotten PS Vue and DVR the races but have to remind myself not to do any Internetting before I watch the race. I've also had to unfollow some folks on Twitter because of it :(

I'd say it's better tbh. I invariably wake up at 10-11am on weekends so the two morning races will get me up earlier and potentially allow me to be more productive for the remainder of the day. And three evening races...well, I don't do a lot on Sunday evenings anyway as that's when I truly unwind before the working week starts again.

Early-afternoon races are arguably worse because people go out during the day and make plans etc.

Obviously you don't have to watch the races live, but then you have to faff around DVRing it or whatever and try to avoid spoilers all day.

As an American, I wish I could watch the all the races live. I'm past the days of waking up at 4 am to watch sporting events. There are like 3 or 4 races with decent live start times; everything else is pretty much between 1-6 AM on the Pacific coast.

Line_HTX

This 2017 schedule is wack. Bahrain and Shanghai switch, Singapore and Malaysia switch also, and two races conflict with both Indy 500 and 24 Hours of Le Mans, lmao

DD

I have a feeling that the Interlagos race won't happen if there's no Brazilian driver on the grid next year, with Massa retiring and Nasr not making a great impression this year. Germany and Canada are yet to be confirmed probably because of the costs.

Chris R

This 2017 schedule is wack. Bahrain and Shanghai switch, Singapore and Malaysia switch also, and two races conflict with both Indy 500 and 24 Hours of Le Mans, lmao

It isn't wack. Makes more sense to go AUS->CHN->BHR from a logistics point of view. The only race that doesn't make sense is Canada being between Monaco and Baku but it's always been like that, and of course Abu Dhabi being the final race of the year when it should be done the weekend after Bahrain.

And Monaco doesn't conflict with the Indy 500, they always share that Sunday, same with the Coke 600. Best weekend in motorsport for me at least, I always watch all three.

spuckthew

I don't get why the FIA would put an F1 race and Le Mans on the same weekend. Does the FIA even have a say though? I mean, the FIA is just a sports regulatory body - do they actually have a say as far as commercial/broadcast decisions go? (At the end of the day, a race calendar has to have commercial input.)

It isn't wack. Makes more sense to go AUS->CHN->BHR from a logistics point of view. The only race that doesn't make sense is Canada being between Monaco and Baku but it's always been like that, and of course Abu Dhabi being the final race of the year when it should be done the weekend after Bahrain.

And Monaco doesn't conflict with the Indy 500, they always share that Sunday, same with the Coke 600. Best weekend in motorsport for me at least, I always watch all three.

Yeah, Canada should really be after Japan. There's probably more to planning it than just location, but it really seems like moving geographically across the globe makes the most sense. Maybe it's too cold in Canada by that time of year? IDK

And yeah, that's a super fun day if you like motorsport. Just plop yourself in front of the TV and watch racing for like 12 hours.

Zeknurn

Lots of Formula E news all of a sudden:
New season three calendar has New York and Montreal swapped

All blue livery for Renault edams

McLaren has won the battery tender for season 5 and 6.
Season 5 is also when they will go from two cars to one car per driver. For season 7 they hope to open up batteries to multiple suppliers.

And finally
@ScarbsTech
Also new @FIAformulaE "power ramp down" rule for cars going over the max race power, effectively a StopStart penalty rather disqualification

Yeah, Canada should really be after Japan. There's probably more to planning it than just location, but it really seems like moving geographically across the globe makes the most sense. Maybe it's too cold in Canada by that time of year? IDK

And yeah, that's a super fun day if you like motorsport. Just plop yourself in front of the TV and watch racing for like 12 hours.

Last year around mid-late October it was 13C high and 5C low. The week after it was 9C high and 2C low....

So yeah, maybe a little cold, haha.

Montreal better have a race next season or I will be fucking pissed. PISSED! :mad:
Its my favourite race all year, and I would like to go to it someday.

Line_HTX

I think The Chase is slightly more interesting than a random race like the Coke 600.

jambo

Awesome episode, partly because they read my email!

In sadder news

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37406977

Felix Damm was detailing the extent of Schumacher's injuries in a lawsuit against German magazine, Bunte.

The magazine had reported last Christmas that the seven-time world champion could walk again.

But Mr Damm said that Schumacher, 47, "cannot walk" more than two and a half years after the accident.

Bunte had quoted a source at the end of last year as saying that Schumacher could manage some steps with the help of therapists and could raise an arm.

At the time, Schumacher's agent, Sabine Kehm, released a statement denying the story, saying: "Unfortunately we are forced by a recent press report to clarify that the assertion that Michael could move again is not true.

Zeknurn

That four month break though ... -.-

Understandably they want to keep the costs down but I'd like to see them close that gap down.

Is Roborace still expected to support FE this season?

Yes, but other than Devbot running at the Formula E test, there hasn't been much news or information for a supporting series that's supposed to start in one week. I guess their news cycle is shorter because they don't have to announce drivers.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Yes, but other than Devbot running at the Formula E test, there hasn't been much news or information for a supporting series that's supposed to start in one week. I guess their news cycle is shorter because they don't have to announce drivers.

Silly season am cry.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Expected news about Schumacher's health

In other news, Mercedes is working on new sports car that will use current (modified) F1 engine

Is Roborace still expected to support FE this season?

Probably in the spring races.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

I really hope the AI will be given a name and "personality" anyway.

Last year around mid-late October it was 13C high and 5C low. The week after it was 9C high and 2C low....

So yeah, maybe a little cold, haha.

Montreal better have a race next season or I will be fucking pissed. PISSED! :mad:
Its my favourite race all year, and I would like to go to it someday.

I'm American. Those aren't real temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom