• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamilton has made two crap starts and had two technical problems. Getting hit by another car in Bahrain when so high up the grid was unlucky but if he'd played it safe on lap 1 in China he might have had a better result there. So I doubt there's foul play from Mercedes to help Rosberg. It's been up to Hamilton to make the best of his opportunities and he's not done that.

I'm not sure I'd call being relegated to the back of the grid due to technical failures any kind of "opportunity".

Pterion

Wow, havent heard the "Hamilton is too hard and aggressive while x team mates is moar smoover and smarter" type argument since his McLaren days.
They always come out of the woods when you expect it the least.

Hamilton has made two crap starts and had two technical problems. Getting hit by another car in Bahrain when so high up the grid was unlucky but if he'd played it safe on lap 1 in China he might have had a better result there. So I doubt there's foul play from Mercedes to help Rosberg. It's been up to Hamilton to make the best of his opportunities and he's not done that.
Did you watch the onboard camera at turn 1?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ĺeicester only had 18 injuries all season, played once a week whereas every other team around them had two, three times as many injuries and played twice a week.

Nico and Leicester deserve to be where they are but there is certainly a lack of consistent competition and a degree of luck in both campaigns.

Shit, how have Leicester managed to get so many points if they've only played half as many matches as everyone else!?

Did you watch the onboard camera at turn 1?

Yes. And I could go on about why he shouldn't have started at the back but what's done is done. Maybe next time both he and the team will learn.

Anyway, I'm uneasy about the race tomorrow. I'm sure we've had races on May 1st in the last 22 years but this time something doesn't feel right.

That's complete horseshit.

The two crap starts were not even his fault. Mercedes admitted to hardware faults (for both drivers in AUS, and Hamilton only in BAH).

China, he actually played it relatively safe... but the Ferrari guys didn't, caused a domino effect and Lewis ended up suffering collateral damage. He could not have avoided Nasr.

hamchan

Should we even bother and watch the race?

I wouldn't be surprised that Hamilton is getting sabotaged to add some spice to the season

Few years ago I won't even think of something like that. But we're in a new F1 that adds boom-sounds and sparks to add to the "show"

fuck this shit, F1 has never been this shitty and I've been watching since 1996

I would sure be surprised. Mercedes have seemed nothing but fair to both drivers even after Hamilton's 2x WDC. It's not like Vettel/Webber where there was a clear number 1 and 2 driver split.

Megasoum

Banned
?

Of course there were.

That's weird... I was watching on TSN in Canada which is airing Sky's broadcast. I was looking at the pilots get out of their cars, do the weigh-in... Then they took a picture the three together in the pitlane. Then the show on a commercial break and then went to the aftershow...

Zeknurn

He's right and he's probably going to use it to push through reverse grids.

@janci1612: Mercedes can't find root of engine failure. Hamilton will use engine 1 from China. In the night they brought new fuel system by plane #F1
@janci1612: (1/2) Mercedes brought new fuel system by plane from Brixworth because otherwise Ham would have been last in grid #F1
@janci1612: (2/2) You only get a penalty for engine change if it is another specification. And engine 1 from China didn't have the new fuel system #F1

Motorsport.com - Toto Wolff believes that there is no specific reason why Lewis Hamilton has been struck twice by MGU-H failures, while the seven other drivers using Mercedes power units have not had problems.

I'm falling into the trap where I might get excited for the championship. Someone please stop me.

Mastah

F1 Fanatic ‏@f1fanatic_co_uk 2m2 minutes ago

Mercedes have changed Hamilton's turbo, MGU-H, control electronics & energy store. All within his allocation so no penalties.

DBT85

Hopefully they can find and fix the issue with the old lot so that he doesn't incur penalties later in the year.

hamchan

Can anyone explain how reverse grids would potentially work in F1? I suppose they would have to split the points between qualifying and the actual race, since why would anyone bother trying in qually if they didn't do that?

Zeknurn

Can anyone explain how reverse grids would potentially work in F1? I suppose they would have to split the points between qualifying and the actual race, since why would anyone bother trying in qually if they didn't do that?

• Like you said, award a certain number of points for qualifying.
  • Change FP3 into qualifying, have a sprint race on Saturday and reverse the grid for the long race on sunday.
  • Replace qualifying with a sprint race and reverse the grid based on championship standings.
The latter two would increase running on Saturday.

John_B

Not sure it would work without two races. I think it invites the teams to speculate outcomes and potentially compromise their own efforts in certain sessions.

Dilly

Banned
Reverse grid is a shit idea that yet again doesn't fix underlying problems and only masks them.

I'm already tired of the concept because of Gary Anderson's monthly column about why it would be such a good idea.

John_B

It would surely produce a spectacle of carnage. It's like if the top teams in the Premier League started the match already behind with a few goals.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
  • Like you said, award a certain number of points for qualifying.
  • Change FP3 into qualifying, have a sprint race on Saturday and reverse the grid for the long race on sunday.
  • Replace qualifying with a sprint race and reverse the grid based on championship standings.
The latter two would increase running on Saturday.

GP2 does it by having a main race first, and then a sprint race after it where they reverse the top 8 spots of the main race. It's how Haryanto managed to win 3 races last season.

Mastah

ChXgiPbUcAAXwhQ.jpg:orig

Yeah, that's Kai Ebel.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Will Putin appear?

Also, I will watch on ORF, because all streams are like 30 seconds behind direct TV signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom