• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upinsmoke

Leicester are winning on merit, though. Not because every other team had food poisoning.

Ĺeicester only had 18 injuries all season, played once a week whereas every other team around them had two, three times as many injuries and played twice a week.

Nico and Leicester deserve to be where they are but there is certainly a lack of consistent competition and a degree of luck in both campaigns.

dakun

Without incidents Hamilton will get P2 easily tomorrow. Might even challenge Rosberg if he fucks up at the start or SC comes in.
I don't mind Rosberg winning the championship. But people are WAY too early declaring him champion.

Winning through lack of opponents.

Dont hate the playa!

Dont sweat the details!

I'm physically nauseated by Rosberg at this point, but I don't mind him winning a championship if he actually works for it. That's not what's being set up. The only thing that any consolation to this is that the races have been extremely fun watching Hamilton work his ass off fighting through the field despite Mercedes' best efforts to ruin his races with pit strategy.

Those vortex slow-mo shots are freaking awesome.

F1 is always more exciting/interesting when Lewis is working hard, whether he prevails or not.

Still, Ros championship will be empty as hell if decided purely by the fact that the other car was constantly broken.

tomtom94

Dont hate the playa!

Dont sweat the details!

F1 is always more exciting/interesting when Lewis is working hard, whether he prevails or not.

Still, Ros championship will be empty as hell if decided purely by the fact that the other car was constantly broken.
I suppose it would be fitting if another Rosberg's world championship was empty as hell.

Zeknurn

Without incidents Hamilton will get P2 easily tomorrow. Might even challenge Rosberg if he fucks up at the start or SC comes in.
I don't mind Rosberg winning the championship. But people are WAY too early declaring him champion.

While Hamilton should easily get P2 if he's any decent, he still has the very wide Verstappen in front of him.

spuckthew

Hamilton has missed out on a lot of championships, but in the end he's managed to get three under his belt with a good number of wins and poles. He's a pretty decorated driver now. I'd be fine with him not winning the championship, but it's the way he's losing it that pisses me off.

Hopefully he doesn't get a penalty and caught up in the first lap commotion. If he starts 10th, he can easily finish on the podium.

Fuck this motherfucking fucking season and fuck Mercedes and their bullshit ass fucking car that only works for one motherfucking driver. This championship for Rosberg comes off as the emptiest motherfucking championship for a driver I've ever motherfucking witnessed fuck this fucking bullshit.
I suppose it would be fitting if another Rosberg's world championship was empty as hell.
There's more soul in a Hollow from Dark Souls than there is in this championship.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
What annoys me is that we are at the qualifying of the fourth race in this season and we already have to ponder on whether this championship is already decided.

I honestly don't get the Nico hate, last year he was dissapointing but the year before he kept Lewis honest, he seems to have found an extra gear lately.

He only kept Lewis honest because Lewis had a DNF in the first GP, so effectively started 25 points down.

If Nico's lead is extended to 50 points, the Championship is his. On top of that, he has a serious advantage from a power unit perspective too.

I honestly don't get the Nico hate, last year he was dissapointing but the year before he kept Lewis honest, he seems to have found an extra gear lately.
Hate and getting annoyed cause the dude is winning before the race even starts are two completely different things. I gave him the first two races cause he won cause Hamilton kept fucking up the starts. But the last two races are just dumb.

Hate and getting annoyed cause the dude is winning before the race even starts are two completely different things. I gave him the first two races cause he won cause Hamilton kept fucking up the starts. But the last two races are just dumb.

Australia - they both fucked up their starts due to clutch issue
Bahrain - Lewis had irregular RPMs or something right before the start, which affected the initial getaway

Just sayin'

Kept Lewis honest?

He was gifted a 25 point lead in the first race again from Lewis car breakingndown, then went on to get beat constantly till the lead disappeared and even with less technical issues and DNFs, ended up 60 points down at the end of the season.

When the two are allowed to race in competitive circumstances, Nico has never kept Lewis honest.

Australia - they both fucked up their starts due to clutch issue
Bahrain - Lewis had irregular RPMs or something right before the start, which affected the initial getaway

Just sayin'
Wait what? That car is fucking cursed or possessed by the consciousness of Michael Schumacher.

He only kept Lewis honest because Lewis had a DNF in the first GP, so effectively started 25 points down.

If Nico's lead is extended to 50 points, the Championship is his. On top of that, he has a serious advantage from a power unit perspective too.

50 points is just two DNFs though. Lot of races to go. If it were the halfway point of the season, Id be more inclined to agree.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Man Hamilton sure isn't blessed this season.

He used too much #blessed last year, god wants him to use his own skills this year. But joking aside, this could very well be a result of the banning of driver coaching over the radio. They have to know exactly when and how much they can push the engine over the course of a qualifying/race. Maybe Ham just is too aggressive in handling the car while Rosberg works with the car. If one car has loads of issues it's either sabotage or the driver.

Kept Lewis honest?

He was gifted a 25 point lead in the first race again from Lewis car breakingndown, then went on to get beat constantly till the lead disappeared and even with less technical issues and DNFs, ended up 60 points down at the end of the season.

When the two are allowed to race in competitive circumstances, Nico has never kept Lewis honest.

It's not like Nico didn't have any reliability issues that season, and Lewis only won the championship in the last race IIRC.

Bottas ran into him in Bahrain and was even penalized for it. Last race was just poor race strategy all around from the Merc pit wall.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
The things that is weird at HAM engine problems is that nothing similar happens on the Nico's car, talking about second MGU-H fried . So it is either something with his driving style (or as somebody said before, due to lack of pitwall comms) or there is some other reason for continuing issues (chasis structural damage?)

He used too much #blessed last year, god wants him to use his own skills this year. But joking aside, this could very well be a result of the banning of driver coaching over the radio. They have to know exactly when and how much they can push the engine over the course of a qualifying/race. Maybe Ham just is too aggressive in handling the car while Rosberg works with the car. If one car has loads of issues it's either sabotage or the driver.

Wow, havent heard the "Hamilton is too hard and aggressive while x team mates is moar smoover and smarter" type argument since his McLaren days.

Bottas ran into him in Bahrain and was even penalized for it. Last race was just poor race strategy all around from the Merc pit wall.
I know about Bottas and Bahrain since I winched watching the damn thing. I didn't even watch the last race. I was just like "fuck it" and actually enjoyed my day.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Oh and did Mercedes finally turned up their engine to its true potential, once the 2017 rules are set? /tinfoil hat on

Also Mclaren was very very close to Q3 today :)

If Ham's driving style was putting the car at greater risk of mechanical failure, they would tell him during free practise, since they do flying laps early on in their runs.
I dont think the radio ban has much impact on quali either, the cars are wheeled back into the garage at the end of every session and the driver and engineers can talk face to face.

Bad luck happens. Just ask Fiscichella, he had just about the worst run of luck in the last decade and a half during the 2005 season.

I think we should just stop making excuses for RBR, WIL and FER's lack of pace, welcome our new german overlords stop worrying and love the F1

DBT85

Or bad luck. It happens.

Should we even bother and watch the race?

I wouldn't be surprised that Hamilton is getting sabotaged to add some spice to the season

Few years ago I won't even think of something like that. But we're in a new F1 that adds boom-sounds and sparks to add to the "show"

fuck this shit, F1 has never been this shitty and I've been watching since 1996

Hamilton has made two crap starts and had two technical problems. Getting hit by another car in Bahrain when so high up the grid was unlucky but if he'd played it safe on lap 1 in China he might have had a better result there. So I doubt there's foul play from Mercedes to help Rosberg. It's been up to Hamilton to make the best of his opportunities and he's not done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom