• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

DD

Yeah, but there's plenty of character and action in the midfield, but Bottas is just kinda...there. He just fails to make any kind of impression.

He's a low profile dude, but a solid points scorer. Kind of like Hulkemberg or... Rosberg, lol.

Plus who would take the seat a Williams? Another rookie?

f1-australian-gp-2016-paul-di-resta-williams-f1-team.jpg

or Maldonado.

Fisico

Driver who made up most places on the opening lap: Fernando Alonso, who gained 41 positions on the opening lap

What does that even mean lol?
Are they counting the engine penalties or something?

sam777

It is, but sugar coated by having to start well below his normal midfield starting position a lot this year.

41 is wrong it is actually 43, the next best is Wahlrein with 35. An average of above 2 is pretty damn good as that shows Alonso rarely drops any positions off the start either.

Fox Mulder

Is there a more boring driver on the grid than Bottas?

Never does particularly badly. Never does particularly well. Just...dull.

The perfect corporate robot for Mercedes. Rosberg was pretty boring too.

Still sucks they aren't just giving wehrlein the seat to see and have the option to go for Alonso next year. Signing bottas would presumably lock the seat up for a couple seasons.

Business

It is, but sugar coated by having to start well below his normal midfield starting position a lot this year.

How many times is a lot? Look up the results because it's one single time starting last in Malaysia. It's Q2 starts and a fair amount of Q3. Combined with a 15-5 qualify head to head vs Button I'd say he consistently put the car were it belonged or outperformed it.

The statistic is obviously skewed as in a Mercedes driver had no chance at beating it and the further back you start the greater the chance of winning places because of incidents in front, but let's not pretend ALO started a lot of races surrounded by slower cars either.

Rosberg was also the only teammate of Schumacher who won the title himself.

The best for the last.

edit

Forget that he was driving some races with Nelson Piquet.

Aiii

So not worth it
How many times is a lot? Look up the results because it's one single time starting last in Malaysia. It's Q2 starts and a fair amount of Q3. Combined with a 15-5 qualify head to head vs Button I'd say he consistently put the car were it belonged or outperformed it.

The statistic is obviously skewed as in a Mercedes driver had no chance at beating it and the further back you start the greater the chance of winning places because of incidents in front, but let's not pretend ALO started a lot of races surrounded by slower cars either.

You forget that the Honda has like 2000bhp.

Fisico

Well at least there was a discussion because of me failing to understand the statistic
I was expecting a plural form, don't ask me why
Driver who made up most places on the opening lapS

DBT85

In other news, Wherline found out why FI didn't want him. Something happened at a test apparently.

Hope he can live without too much bitterness and regret when he retires.

He got to drive for big teams, won championships and fought for a couple more. And from what I've seen Irvine say in the past, he'll never pay for an Italian meal ever again lol.

It was a reasonable decision to go to Ferrari because they SHOULD have been able to make a decent car. It was also OK to leave when they couldn't do anything right at all.

He got to drive for big teams, won championships and fought for a couple more. And from what I've seen Irvine say in the past, he'll never pay for an Italian meal ever again lol.

It was a reasonable decision to go to Ferrari because they SHOULD have been able to make a decent car. It was also OK to leave when they couldn't do anything right at all.
But Ferrari had a car capable of winning the championship in 2010, they just made too many dumb decisions and Alonso lost one two many points doing some dumb things.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The next big Motorsport Manager patch will provide a 2D mode, so those of you with lower spec systems/laptops can play!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/415200/discussions/1/1842367319523994711/

We are happy to announce a big update to Motorsport Manager as an early Christmas present.

The ‘Everyone’s a Winner’ update includes the all-new 2D mode, letting players switch instantly between the 2D and 3D visual of the race.

The 2D mode will also enable lower spec laptops and desktops to run the game by changing the full 3D race engine for a less graphically intensive overhead view.

Updated minimum spec:

Windows
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.5 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: nVIDIA GT 335M, 512MB or AMD Radeon HD 4670, 512MB or Intel HD 4000 series
DirectX: Version 10.1
Hard Drive: 16 GB available space

Mac OS X
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M or AMD Radeon HD 4670, 512MB or Intel HD 4000 series
Hard Drive: 16 GB available space

Linux
Graphics: nVIDIA GT 335M, 512MB or AMD Radeon HD 4670, 512MB or Intel HD 4000 series
Storage: 16 GB available space

Also, Steam Workshop support coming in February.

We can also reveal that Steam Workshop will go live in February 2017. We’re working hard on making sure that players can create, manage and search for exciting user-generated content, opening up the game to the community.

Will F1 end up trying ot shutdown the real life mods of this one like they've done to other games in the past?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
In other news, Wherline found out why FI didn't want him. Something happened at a test apparently.

Looks like he did a thing or two that Force India guys did not like at 2015 testing. As rumors are flying about his bitchy/primadona attitude and that he is pretty hard to work with, I do not find these news shocking at all

Looks like he did a thing or two that Force India guys did not like at 2015 testing. As rumors are flying about his bitchy/primadona attitude and that he is pretty hard to work with, I do not find these news shocking at all

"I'm ze youngest DTM world champion. Sho me some Respekt, ok?"

Mastah

Manor Racing are dead, long live Manor racing....

A source close to the team has been keeping me abreast of the ownership situation of late and it appears that the team will be changing hands once again.

The rumour that has been circulating the paddock is that Tavo Hellmund (yes, that's right you've heard the name before, as he helped mastermind F1's return to the States and Mexico) was behind a bid to purchase the team. Whilst it's still plausible he'll be involved it turns out he may have been more of an intermediary, as a consortium with ties to the Asian market and several GP2 drivers seem to be the ones who are actually behind the purchase, that is understood to have been concluded yesterday at their base of operations in Banbury.

The last piece of the puzzle is where Graeme Lowdon fits into the jigsaw, as the teams previous President and Sporting Director was front and centre at the sign over yesterday. He certainly has the credentials to lead the team once more but may offer the consortium no more than a foot in the door.

more - http://www.somersf1.co.uk/2016/12/manor-racing-are-dead-long-live-manor.html

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
So what is going to be Jagonya Ayam with Manor's driver lineup next year? I'm thinking Antonio Giovanazzi and Rio Haryanto with Sean Gelael as the occasional Friday practice driver. Giovanazzi is lucky his protege's father is buying an F1 team, otherwise his career would have petered out like so many others without backing.

Top Bottom