• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT2| A Dutch Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Juicy Bob

People need to remember that Hamilton is one of the greatest of all time.

He is going to be tough to match. It's why I was always so impressed by how Rosberg was able to best him as often as he did.

JDB

Banned
I really hate how Danny can't out qualify max when he can sure as shit outrace him.
I mean they've only had four races where they both finished and the majority of DNFs were early on. In those four races it's a 2/2 split. Ricciardo has had an amazing season considering where RBR is at, but it's hard to say how Max and him match up during races.

Mohonky

Jesus thats close between Raikkonen and Hamilton, this should be a Merc track, expected a more comfortable pole than that. I assume they never really figured out the balance?

a.wd

Bbc did an article saying Hamiltons veganism might affect him, he seems to be getting a lot of red meat on the track

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Bbc did an article saying Hamiltons veganism might affect him, he seems to be getting a lot of red meat on the track

You heard that somewhere else, didn’t you?? 😄

DBT85

423.gif

He's also not got a personal trainer this season for the first time. People called him all sorts at the start of the year when he announced that.

Mohonky

423.gif

He's also not got a personal trainer this season for the first time. People called him all sorts at the start of the year when he announced that.

People call him all sorts no matter what he does.

He could save a bunch of children from a burning building and they'd probably say he started the fire.

John_B

Nah, while Ricardo is great, Max is definitely the better driver. Judging from the posts here you seem to have a strong hate for max for some reason though.
Verstappen is the overall quicker driver but I think it would be very close between them in a championship fight. Ricciardo has a great sense for when to take risks and when not to. Verstappen so far is all risk all the time. I don't see him taking it to Vettel or Hamilton either at this point even with a comparable car.

roytheone

Verstappen is the overall quicker driver but I think it would be very close between them in a championship fight. Ricciardo has a great sense for when to take risks and when not to. Verstappen so far is all risk all the time. I don't see him taking it to Vettel or Hamilton either at this point even with a comparable car.

While I agree the risk taking is probably Verstappen his weak point (at this time), if Riccardio and Max were to be in a direct championship fight I assume they have cars that will be ahead of the others, which means Verstappen doesn't have that many risks he has to take and he can just win the qualifications and keep p1 for the whole race. He will be pretty hard to beat in that situation.

Mohonky

Thats usually the way with younger drivers though, they think they are invincible or that they need to pass a car every corner. They eventually grow out of it when they realise consistent performances is how you stay in the championship and win points rather than the all or nothing approach.

You watch the guys over their careers and they just get better at being smooth, consistent and looking at the longer run as opposed to when they were younger and were more reliant on the kamikaze run down the inside late on the brakes.

And then you have the guys like Maldonado who just never learnt.

Rolfgang

Nah, while Ricardo is great, Max is definitely the better driver. Judging from the posts here you seem to have a strong hate for max for some reason though.

Yeah, there is no point discussing Max with Chuck. He's as stubborn as Wax when it comes to Verstappen, no idea why.

Breakage

Ferrari are useless. Feels as if Vettel's chances of winning WDC are slipping away. I expect another Hamilton win tomorrow.

Mohonky

Bottas is running the new aero package. Hamilton started with that too, but reverted back to the old one. It's not working out on this track at least.

Seems unusual for Merc to take a step backwards, even on the older aero package either Merc really couldnt hook it up or that Ferrari is getting faster.

Given the time difference between Ham and Raikkonen, probably a good thing for Ham that Vettel had issues.

Orbis

If it rains it will be Hamilton - Verstappen battle and other drivers sliding around the track lol.
Rain at this circuit is basically a biblical thunderstorm or bone dry, there's rarely an in-between. Could see a safety car start if so (which isn't as bad under 2017 rules as we'll still get a standing grid start once it dries sufficiently).

People need to remember that Hamilton is one of the greatest of all time.

He is going to be tough to match. It's why I was always so impressed by how Rosberg was able to best him as often as he did.

Rosberg, with sleepless nights and sheer will and determination and hours of prep work beat Hamilton, who partied the night before.

I liked Rosberg, after he retired, he essentially said that he needed to work extra hard to match or beat Hamilton who wasn't even trying. And he couldn't go through that again.

Hamilton is likely to go down as the greatest even in a few years.

If someone can catch up to all of Schumacher's race wins and title's they'd be the greatest of all time.
As much as people complained about Vettel and Hamilton winning championships in a dominant car, at least their teammates werent effectively cut off at the knees with team orders.
Could Rubens Barichello have challenged Michael for a title or two if Ferrari hadnt made him the number 2 driver?

If someone can catch up to all of Schumacher's race wins and title's they'd be the greatest of all time.
As much as people complained about Vettel and Hamilton winning championships in a dominant car, at least their teammates werent effectively cut off at the knees with team orders.
Could Rubens Barichello have challenged Michael for a title or two if Ferrari hadnt made him the number 2 driver?

No. He was slower.

The engine is still trash. Almost 15 clicks down in the speed trap is embarrassing as hell. That's the chassis/drivers doing the work.

The engine is fine. McLaren just haven't been able to keep pace with Honda's development; produced no low drag package to compliment the Spa / Monza PU updates, the latest failure this weekend with the new package after saying it was a second faster than the old one, 1.8s off pole on the perfect track for their chassis last GP to 1.5s off on this power favoured circuit. It's time McLaren and its fans stopped using the PU excuse.

#nowheretohide

DBT85

Ruby, as much as I love him, was akin to a Webber. Fast but not fast enough.

With that said however, had Ferrari not operated a clear #1 as they did, other drivers may well have taken titles off Michael.

Top Bottom