• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT2| A Dutch Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Mohonky

I like how everyone says Hamilton is such an arrogant asshole, but none of the guys in F1 currently even come close to some of the 'heros' of 80's and 90's F1. Those guys were serious assholes, half the stuff that happens on track now ends in a few politically chosen words, back then you'd have had full on punch ups at the least.

Also yeh I always recall Jos being a completely shit human being and Piquet was a right fuckwit. Senna had his moments but he also stopped on track to help trapped drivers.

Still looks like more Stroll than Vettel to me. Not a natural line through that corner at all. Either way, nothing is going to change now.

Still looks like more Stroll than Vettel to me. Not a natural line through that corner at all. Either way, nothing is going to change now.

1. They're not racing.

2. Nobody takes natural lines on the inlap. That's why they're all off line, or heading off line trying to pick up rubber.

3. Vettel trying to drive through a car just because it wasn't taking a natural line, doesn't make it the other cars fault.

4. They were going slow as fuck and seb had way too much room as the overtaking car for this to have ever needed to be an incident.

5. It's Sebastians fault.

Considering that he was going into a turn and thus moving towards the center of the track by not steering ENOUGH...

Cars regularly head to the outside of the track to pick up discarded rubber on the in lap.

It doesn't even matter how sharp he was taking the turn. He's obliged to head anywhere on the track that he wants, so long as he doesn't make sudden, unpredictable moves. His line was predictable as fuck for anyone paying attention.

It's up to the driver behind to overtake safely. Seb didn't do that. It's his fault.

Cars regularly head to the outside of the track to pick up discarded rubber on the in lap.

It doesn't even matter how sharp he was taking the turn. He's obliged to head anywhere on the track that he wants, so long as he doesn't make sudden, unpredictable moves. His line was predictable as fuck for anyone paying attention.

It's up to the driver behind to overtake safely. Seb didn't do that. It's his fault.

Vettel wasn't behind Stroll when they crashed.

RoKKeR

Aw damn, bummer about NBC. Their commentary crew was kind of weird but also kind of hilarious. Also Will Buxton is an amazing pit wall reporter.

Now it seems ~50/50 to me. Both just should have left more space to the other one.
50/50 for sure. Why would Stroll turn right and why would Vettel turn left when Stroll was clearly there is beyond me.

EDIT: Well looks like it's Vettel fault. Didn't see the whole video before replying, my bad.

Business

Stroll's trajectory is absolutely predictable.

Maybe Ferrari should go for minimal talking in these slow speed situations as Vettel seems to get distracted easily. This adds to Vettel already having crashed Hamilton under safety car in Baku. I'm talking of course about the first honest mistake when he hit him from behind and then claimed he was brake tested with the subsequent tantrum.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
DLXK7eHXkAAT4Zu.jpg:large

spuckthew

Man, Vettel's been a fucking idiot this season. I really hope Hamilton can take this year's WDC, even if it's just because of Vettel's occasionally moronic driving.

dl77

Only a small population tho so nothing to worry about, surely?

If they have a feed that covers all of India then it has to take into account the states that have a higher drinking age, even if it's a comparatively small section of the audience.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Soooo, you could find a country with a drinking age higher than 21?!

India has different legal drinking age from province to province.

It is 20 years in Japan, so Stroll did not have a Martini logo on his shirt during press conference.

But I think there is some other reasons for that limitation. Maybe not even on Martini's side of the deal.

Man, Vettel's been a fucking idiot this season. I really hope Hamilton can take this year's WDC, even if it's just because of Vettel's occasionally moronic driving.
This is one of the reasons I can't throw my support behind Vettel. He's been doing some dumb shit lately and then throws his hand in the air like the other driver is the one that fucked up. I think if he wasn't in that Ferrari the FIA would've smacked his ass already.

This is one of the reasons I can't throw my support behind Vettel. He's been doing some dumb shit lately and then throws his hand in the air like the other driver is the one that fucked up. I think if he wasn't in that Ferrari the FIA would've smacked his ass already.

After what he did in Baku is hard to support him. Vettel got away with many things when he was driving for RB, I don't think is a case of him being protected because he drives for Ferrari.

After what he did in Baku is hard to support him. Vettel got away with many things when he was driving for RB, I don't think is a case of him being protected because he drives for Ferrari.
You would think after telling Charlie to go fuck himself publicly they'd clamp down on him a little harder. Even Hamilton learned from 2011, Vettel just seems to be getting harder to tolerate.

I thought I was going mad back when that incident happened as I didn't see it as Stroll's fault, yet everybody else seemed to think it was a slam dunk.
Even with the previous footage, it still seemed to me that Seb just swiped across the front of Lance, he had a huge amount of room to drive round him.

Ty4on

India has different legal drinking age from province to province.

It is 20 years in Japan, so Stroll did not have a Martini logo on his shirt during press conference.

But I think there is some other reasons for that limitation. Maybe not even on Martini's side of the deal.

I heard from some driver speculation that Martini wanted at least one driver who was over 25 years old so that could partly be it.

John_B

It's quite apparent that drivers in a championship fight are under enormous pressure. Hamilton appears very much acclimated to the situation after having been immersed in it for four seasons straight. Vettel seems a bit overwhelmed being thrown into the lead after three seasons of Sunday driving. I think both drivers have been mighty this season. The amount of great performances they have turned out on average is miles ahead of the rest of the field.

I still hope Hamilton bags the championship. It puts the two equal on championships and would be a perfect step in the narrative of the best driver of this generation.

SilentRob

Wow. That makes it clear it was 100% Vettel's fault.

Considering his other actions this season, there should be some retrospective punishment given by the FIA (I know, I know, of course there won't be).

EDIT: I should have watched that video for longer before posting :p Kinda crazy how different perspectives tell 100% different stories here.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Fucking a-right!

Anyone got a bucket I can vomit up some crow into?
I admit, crow nom time.

That is pretty damning. Rather convenient that this wasn’t available earlier isn’t it.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Yeah, I agree that this one is on Vettel.

Formula E testing done, teams are going back to bases for final preparations for Hong Kong GP on 2nd and 3rd December. Nice to see that teams are much more active on social media platforms this year :)

Kalor

I was convinced that was Strolls fault before but the angle from his car absolves him completely. He even tried to avoid it when he realised. It's bizarre from Vettel as you'd think that he knows better.

You would think after telling Charlie to go fuck himself publicly they'd clamp down on him a little harder. Even Hamilton learned from 2011, Vettel just seems to be getting harder to tolerate.
The only reason I somewhat tolerate Vettel is that he's driving for Ferrari. And like I said last week when he crashed with Stroll, I just can't take his shit anymore. I really can't do it. He needs to shut the fuck up for the rest of the season and drive the shit out of the car, if it lets him.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The only reason I somewhat tolerate Vettel is because he's driving for Ferrari. And like I said last week when he crashed with Stroll, I just can't take his shit anymore. I really can't do it. He needs to shut the fuck up for the rest of the season and drive the shit out of the car, if it lets him.

I am still mad about Baku. He has been a fucking idiot.

The one season where Ferrari is keeping up in the development race, and still they manage to throw it away. Amazing.

Aiii

So not worth it
The only reason I somewhat tolerate Vettel is because he's driving for Ferrari. And like I said last week when he crashed with Stroll, I just can't take his shit anymore. I really can't do it. He needs to shut the fuck up for the rest of the season and drive the shit out of the car, if it lets him.

”Come on Vettel, I hought you were better then this!" -Brotkasten, 2017.

The only reason I somewhat tolerate Vettel is that he's driving for Ferrari. And like I said last week when he crashed with Stroll, I just can't take his shit anymore. I really can't do it. He needs to shut the fuck up for the rest of the season and drive the shit out of the car, if it lets him.
I was liking him in 2015, then he just opened his mouth too much and started to whinge like he was pantomiming the current soul sucked Alonso.

NHale

100% Vettel fault. And he should receive at least some penalty points because of this and some useless time penalty. If this doesn't deserve a penalty then you can forget about giving penalties after accidents during overtakes while racing. But since Baku, it seems rules don't exactly apply to title contenders just like they do to other drivers.

dl77

I still hope Hamilton bags the championship. It puts the two equal on championships and would be a perfect step in the narrative of the best driver of this generation.

I just wish Alonso hadn't lost out in 2010 as it means they'd all be on three championships each.

Mohonky

I take back what I said about not wanting Vettel to get a gearbox penalty as it wasnt his fault.

He's an idiot.

Top Bottom