• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 - Abu Dhabi GP 2016 |OT| No matter who wins, the race will end in fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I had no idea the sparks were artificial. That's dumb as fuck.

Depends what you mean by "artificial". They have a skid block to specifically create the sparks, but they are generated by the bottom of the car hitting the deck.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Looks like Hamilton wants to win another title fair and square.

ramparter

Banned
Cant wait for Max, Seb to pass Nico only to hear Toto order Lewis to not win the race because that's what they both agreed.

McNum

Just be glad they didn't go with trumpet exhausts. Literally trumpet mouths on the exhausts to make them louder.

F1 can be gloriously stupid, but at least not that stupid.

Orbis

Not artificial, they just decided to use titanium for the skid blocks. The spectacle of that is just one reason.

This from reddit:
jetshockeyfan
The metal they were using in the skid blocks had a tendency to wear slowly and tear off in chunks, causing weird behavior and tire punctures. Titanium wears quicker, doesn't come off in chunks, and makes flashy sparks to boot, so they went with that instead

kmag

It's actually a testament to the shitty regs,the overreliance on DRS and most of all this shitty track design that Hamilton can just maintain the gap through the DRS zone then coast the rest of the lap and Rosberg can't do anything about it

I mean it's a smart tactic, excellent driving from Hamilton and might work but the track is just shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom