• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 - Abu Dhabi GP 2016 |OT| No matter who wins, the race will end in fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glin

Ppl shitting on Ham are silly. It is about world championship, not a damn small thing. Congrats on Rosberg with keeping his head cool.

https://streamable.com/effo

untitled-176s2m.gif

Zeknurn

It turns out that racing is a lot more intense when the leader doesn't cruise until the end. #ballastformercedes2017

Fox Mulder

Still, Vettel with ultrasofts and a light car and with Hamilton bunching up the pack couldn't overtake the Mercedes of Rosberg, that Ferrari is really shit

It's hilarious how shit the rest of the field is. I don't see it changing much next year either, Mercedes still has a great chassis. Redbull will benefit.

Danielsan

I don't get why people are bitching about Hamilton. He was racing for the championship not for the race win. It was all he could do.

NHale

If this is Nico doing this bullshit, Ted Kravitz would be asking for him to be killed on the track while crying.

Just embarassing behavior from the best driver in the grid. No respect whatsoever for that Loser after today.

f0rk

You guys are hilarious. Rosberg is completely unremarkable but you have such a hatred for Hamilton it somehow makes you Rosberg fans

Juicy Bob

I hope Rosberg now gets the respect he deserves, but I know he won't. It's such a shame.

But anyway, no time for negativity. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPION BABY

Hasney

You know you didnt deserve it though Nico.

Hopefully Schuhamilton no longer deserves it either with those DIRTY TACTICS.

Well duh. But backing Nico up is more than likely never going to work and it'll just make Lewis look like an idiot.

How would it make him look like an idiot?

He doesnt play dirty, he isnt Schumacher.

You guys are hilarious. Rosberg is completely unremarkable but you have such a hatred for Hamilton it somehow makes you Rosberg fans

Not really. I liked Hamilton but will always want the first time champion to take it, but these past couple of years posting in this forums F1 thread has made me laugh so hard as I've seen CONSDIPRACY THEORIES that it just made me go hardline Rosberg.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's hilarious how shit the rest of the field is. I don't see it changing much next year either, Mercedes still has a great chassis. Redbull will benefit.

Except that next year the engine difference should be gone or at least minimized, which is what the difference maker is and has been.

AngryMoth

I mean you can argue about whether or not rosberg deserved to win a championship at some poin but Ham deserved this one more based on his on track performances this season

Syder

What is it about F1 that always brings out the hyperbolic know-nothing plonkers?

Winning a Championship takes an entire season of quality performances. Yeah, Hamilton would have easily won it with better luck but no one put the Championship on a plate for Nico, he had to turn up for every race and race better than everyone else, and he did so on many, many occasions.

Congratulations, Nico.

Sloane

Banned
Congrats to Rosberg, well deserved.

I kinda liked what Hamilton tried at the end, to be honest, but he did a pretty bad job with it.

dalin80

Banned
Hamilton did absolutely what he should've done and anyone thinking otherwise is an idiot.

It turns out that he is a bit polarising! Who da thunk...

So yeah lots of people suddenly ignoring that this was his most obvious and only strategy.

Wrong person won but that's how it goes half the time!

Ark

I hope Rosberg now gets the respect he deserves, but I know he won't. It's such a shame.

But anyway, no time for negativity. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPION BABY

You realise anytime a Rosberg discussion comes up it's going to be split between "he only won because Hamilton didn't finish half the races" and "nah he deserves it so much".

Eskiboy

Don't know why people are so unhappy with Hamilton. I'm pretty sure we would've all tried something different if we were put in Hamilton's position.

Grats to Nico. Drove well all season and you don't win a championship on accident, so fully deserved.

kharma45

I wonder if we'd had NeoGAF back with Irvine was competing against Mika to win it, Irvine would have been written off as being lucky if he'd won because Schumacher missed races... I would imagine not.

NewDust

Not sure what actually is more amazing... VES finishing 4th after being in last... Or Ferrari's strategy working for VET.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Paddy Lowe owes Hamilton an apology, not an ear bashing.

fuenf

F1, Rosberg, Hamilton won. Rosberg got a chance to earn the WDC, Hamilton tried everything he could and most importantly it got way more intense than this race actually deserved to be. Who wouldn't want the WDC to be decided by wheel to wheel racing in the last rounds of the final race.

Rodelero

Funny to watch all the people who are 'losing respect' for Hamilton. No-one is fooled, you had no respect for him before this race.

Par Score

If Nico had body-slammed Bernie just then all would have been forgiven and I'd have happily declared him the greatest WDC of all time.

ramparter

Banned
Hopefully Schuhamilton no longer deserves it either with those DIRTY TACTICS.

Well yeah I wouldnt expect it would happen in the end :p

Still I dont blame him, his team helped Nico all season. It wasnt fair so he is justified. Go Lewis, true champ 2016.

Zeknurn

So this means the only non-champion race winning drivers on the grid for next year are Ricciardo and Verstappen

#makef1compeititveagain

dakun

Congrats to Rosberg, well deserved.

I kinda liked what Hamilton tried at the end, to be honest, but he did a pretty bad job with it.

It was as good as he could've gone without going dirty. The other cars just weren't fast enough for Hamilton to safely back Nico into them earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom