• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 - Abu Dhabi GP 2016 |OT| No matter who wins, the race will end in fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jey_16

Banned
If this is Nico doing this bullshit, Ted Kravitz would be asking for him to be killed on the track while crying.

Just embarassing behavior from the best driver in the grid. No respect whatsoever for that Loser after today.

couldn't have said it better myself

Aiii

So not worth it
Don't know why people are so unhappy with Hamilton. I'm pretty sure we would've all tried something different if we were put in Hamilton's position.

Grats to Nico. Drove well all season and you don't win a championship on accident, so fully deserved.

Just because most would be a cunt in his position does not mean he wasn't a cunt.

If this is Nico doing this bullshit, Ted Kravitz would be asking for him to be killed on the track while crying.

Just embarassing behavior from the best driver in the grid. No respect whatsoever for that Loser after today.
His only chance to win was to back him up.

Every driver would do the same don't be an idiot.

A valid tactic that nearly worked. Smart racing.

FuturusX

F1, Rosberg, Hamilton won. Rosberg got a chance to earn the WDC, Hamilton tried everything he could and most importantly it got way more intense than this race actually deserved to be. Who wouldn't want the WDC to be decided by wheel to wheel racing in the last rounds of the final race.

Rosberg fans.

Hasney

Well yeah I wouldnt expect it would happen in the end :p

Still I dont blame him, his team helped Nico all season. It wasnt fair so he is justified. Go Lewis, true champ 2016.

Yeah totally, he gotta do what he gotta do. (other than helping Rosberg, Mercedes played it straight all season). I think Rosberg was lucky that it was Vettel in that position as he was always going to show the championship race more respect than Verstappen. Probably wouldn't have been enough to get him off the podium though.

Watch, DQ'd for not returning to parc ferme, lol. Honestly I wish more drivers would do burnouts after all the races. FIA are dicks trying to ban that stuff. Also, about to be sued by Bernie for assault.

Rosberg earned it, I can't deny that. But "Secondberg" won't wash off until he pulls out a championship next year. "Fewer wins, fewer poles, escapes anyway" will always haunt this.

Yeah Hamilton was a dick the last 10 laps but what do you expect given the circumstances?

kmag

Nothing wrong with Hamilton's strategy, the issue is that the track allows it/encourages it. Ultimately that factor worked against Hamilton a bit at the end because Rosberg was save from the chasers as soon as he got past the 1st sector on each lap.

BearPawB

Banned
Hamilton made the race exciting. I don't blame him at all for doing everything he can to win the race.

So happy for Nico though

BigAl1992

Nico won it, Finally. Well done to him. He had the luck this year, and he deserves it. Now, let's stop shitting on him and Lewis and look forward to 2017, because These last few seasons have been painfully predictable to watch.

So proud of Nico, great job, great season, worthy champion. To go against one of the best of all time with the same car as yours and beat him after the personal hell that was the previous 2 years is just something fantastic.

Great fucking driver.

DieH@rd

Banned
Crg8aaL.gif

:D

sammex

Well done Britney!

Hamilton did what he had to do. Maybe should've been even more aggressive with it and tried it half way through the race. Any driver would have tried it, I don't see what the big deal is.

Of course it was within Lewis's right to deploy the tactics he wanted but when you repeatedly disobey team orders then your racing for your self and not the team, it is kind of what I expect from Hamilton though so no great surprise really.

Rodelero

Hamilton's body language is a little petulant...

He's just lost a World Championship which he knows full well he deserved. He isn't petulant, he's upset. Stop allowing your hatred to get in the way of understanding human emotions. He's congratulated Rosberg at least twice already. Petulance is Rosberg's behaviour last year.

Anfang

Of course it was within Lewis's right to deploy the tactics he wanted but when you repeatedly disobey team orders then your racing for your self and not the team, it is kind of what I expect from Hamilton though so no great surprise really.

The team already has everything locked up. gtfo with this shite

He still won the race with ease.

Even coasting the RBs and Ferrari had nothing.

Scotch

Depends what you mean by "artificial". They have a skid block to specifically create the sparks, but they are generated by the bottom of the car hitting the deck.

I wouldn't call it artificial. It's a magnesium floor in contact with the tarmac, not some spark generating machine underneath the car.
Edit: titanium

Not artificial, they just decided to use titanium for the skid blocks. The spectacle of that is just one reason.

This from reddit:
Ah, cheers. I misunderstood then.

Mohonky

Respect the team orders for the 1-2? By deliberately slowing down he jeopardized that result?

Why? The constructors title was decided weeks ago, he's driving for the drivers title, he's going to do what he needs to do to win.

Was Rosberg worried about the Merc getting the cars home 1-2 when he ploughed into Hamilton is Austria lol.

Had Hamiltons engine not grenaded in Malayasia, I'm sure he would have driven faster, would you be happier then?

Congrats to Rosberg, well deserved.

I kinda liked what Hamilton tried at the end, to be honest, but he did a pretty bad job with it.

I think he actually did a pretty damn good job at it, except for the last DRS straight. He went really slow all the lap up until just before the first DRS point and nearly always avoided Nico having DRS on the straigts - except for that last straight, where he probably got desperate.

Ark

I think Mercedes is what has pissed me off the most this year. I'm so tired of their bland corporate bullshit. They're by far the least exciting outfit on the grid.

I don't care about the team bullshit, just let the drivers do what they want.

Disappointed that Hamilton hasn't congratulated Nico yet.

Nico was quick to do so in 2014.

A lot has happened since then tbf. There's no love lost between them now. Still crappy though.

I wonder if Rosberg will have the number 1 on his car next year. It's not been done for a while. It might rub Hamilton's nose in it a bit more. Something he'd probably like to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom