• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 - Abu Dhabi GP 2016 |OT| No matter who wins, the race will end in fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orbis

Congratulations Nico, a deserved title.

Hamilton did nothing wrong. He won the race, he tried to back up Nico in a safe and tactical way. It's a shame though a few of Nico's fans here are so pathetic that they couldn't tolerate a fair race. All I'll say is, Nico had ample opportunity to win a few of the previous races so this wouldn't have been so close today. Instead he opted to coast for a few races, a legitimate strategy but clearly risky as we saw. Ultimately he fairly and deservedly won the title but don't blame Lewis for him being vulnerable at today's race.

paskowitz

I feel like people complaining about Ham's behavior haven't been watching for all that long. This was tame by most standards.

Congrats to Nico. He put himself in the position to win and deserves the championship.

Fox Mulder

If this is Nico doing this bullshit, Ted Kravitz would be asking for him to be killed on the track while crying.

Just embarassing behavior from the best driver in the grid. No respect whatsoever for that Loser after today.

It was the only way to win the title, anyone should have known this. A win wouldn't do it and Nico would never press for the win.

The rest of the field is just garbage and couldn't catch the slowed mercs.

Hamilton hasn't even congratulated him, surely that would be the gentlemanly thing to do?
Exactly. We'll see what he says in a second.

But for all those saying how shitty of Hamilton to drive so slow are missing the point.

Anyone would do that to try and win. Anyone. Lewis did absolutely nothing wrong.

But once the race is over and your tactics don't work out you forget it. Shake hands, congratulate and move on. He hasn't done that, yet.

Congrats Nico. Well deserved title. Now, can Mercedes please fuck off. These seasons have been so boring. The Hamilton v Rosberg rivalry is one of the lamest rivalries in sports.

The biggest fuck off still has to go to Abu Dhabi and Tilke. A fucking oval track would be a more exciting conclusion to the year. Where is all this insane oil money and terraforming equipment? How has some insane billionaire not just rebuilt the entire Nordscliefe over there yet? Or better yet make a franken-track of all the most famous corners. Ugh, such a lame track. It is a yacht parking lot first and a race track second.

herod

It would be a dick move if mercedes hadn't won the constructors championship weeks ago. Nothing wrong with doing your utmost to get the result you need after that. I'm saying this as someone who hates both of them.

Rodelero

LOL at people acting like this wasn't a dick move.
If Rosberg did this people would be asking for his execution.

You do realise your two statements have nothing to do with each other right?

Yes, if roles were reversed, some would be hating on Rosberg, but they would be just as irrational and unreasonable as those hating on Hamilton now. No racing driver worth the name would have done any different, quite a few famous and beloved racing drivers would have done, much, much more. It is incredibly embarrassing that people are hating on Hamilton for what he did.

Exactly. We'll see what he says in a second.

But for all those saying how shitty of Hamilton to drive so slow are missing the point.

Anyone would do that to try and win. Anyone. Lewis did absolutely nothing wrong.

But once the race is over and your tactics don't work out you forget it. Shake hands, congratulate and move on. He hasn't done that, yet.
And there you have it - he did it.

He chose the right moment as well, most public.

Why? The constructors title was decided weeks ago, he's driving for the drivers title, he's going to do what he needs to do to win.

Was Rosberg worried about the Merc getting the cars home 1-2 when he ploughed into Hamilton is Austria lol.

Had Hamiltons engine not grenaded in Malayasia, I'm sure he would have driven faster, would you be happier then?

Because there are team bonuses that depend on the results, so if Rosberg lost second due to #blessed slowing down that would mean less money for the workers at the factory.

Lego Boss

Hamilton really should congratulate him to be honest.

I feel this. It's a pretty poor show. He should be able to transcend this as his position as a global sports star.

It makes him look bad and makes Nico look good. Surely he should just suck it down.

f0rk

I think Mercedes is what has pissed me off the most this year. I'm so tired of their bland corporate bullshit. They're by far the least exciting outfit on the grid.

I don't care about the team bullshit, just let the drivers do what they want.
That is what Rosberg wants lol

RMn9jaE.gif

herod

Because there are team bonuses that depend on the results, so if Rosberg lost second due to #blessed slowing down that would mean less money for the workers at the factory.
This is the most pathetic concern posting I think I've ever seen in an F1 thread, and that is saying something.

Podge293

People keep saying this but haven't actually got any reason for it being a dick move other than it's a viable tactic you/they don't like it.

Blanket ignoring team orders on multiple occassions?

Valid tactic no doubt but risking the 1-2 in the offchance that verstappen on old tyres would catch him (something vettel was trying to do on new tyres)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom