• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 - Abu Dhabi GP 2016 |OT| No matter who wins, the race will end in fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on board with this. When a team's this dominant, share that joy around! (Still salty that Webber never got his WDC? Maybe.)

Good Job Nico!!!

I think I just lost the last hints of respect I had for Hamilton. Thank god this bullshit didn't work out.

The salt from Sky is delicious.

JDB

Banned
At least it wasn't as boring as I expected after the start. HAM did all he could do, ROS did what he had to do, VES had a nice comeback after a disastrous start and VET did a great job toward the end.

Congrats Rosberg, was eventually bound to happen...this is like what? Prost Senna 89 this season? Where I think Prost won cause Senna had shit reliability?

herod

Another classic tilke anticlimax
smWxMwK.jpg

SilentRob

As someone who wanted Rosberg to win the WC: This was brilliantly driven by Hamilton and obviously what he had to do. Congrats Rosberg, well defended!

Ruruja

Lewis should have parked the car at the start of the race and proclaimed Nico Rosberg the one true World Champion, fucking disgraceful.

NHale

Loser Hamilton tactics didn't work. Great for him. Enjoy the loss #blessed

F1 2017 Season |OT| If nothing else works, just behave like a loser

Yen

Very happy for Nico. Can't really blame Hamilton but it's hard to imagine that his relationship with Nico isn't irreparably broken now.

Lach

Happy for Nico. Lewis tried everything, respect to him. Hope they can be respectful to eaxh other on the podium...

McNum

That was a very intense ending. I approve. One of the more fun races, despite the track not being the most interesting.

And good on Rosberg for winning. He was very consistent, and in the end, he had the most points.

Purdy

Haha what? He needed to win and he needed Rosberg to be off the podium. what was he going to do?

Drive around the track like it is just time trials and pretend no other cars are there, that is the proper gentlemen thing to do. (Along with losing without trying)

Aiii

So not worth it
Watch Nico's car be DQ'ed for being underweight or getting a 5s penalty for not finishing in parc ferme.

The only thing I will give Rosberg is that I hate seeing people come close and not get it when their rival is a multiple WDC. So from that point of view I am glad he's got a WDC. But the dirty driving earlier in the year makes me hope he never gets another. Ever.

Rodelero

Well deserved after Hamilton's antics towards the end.

I can't imagine how any racing fan with a pulse could feel this way, but then I couldn't imagine how any racing fan with a pulse could be happy that Nico Rosberg won this Championship. Not the least deserving WDC of all time, but extremely fortunate nonetheless.

This race was dull enough and the only thing Lewis did wrong was not following team instructions that were based, frankly, on a lie. Lewis was -never- in danger of losing the race. Aside from the fact that he's a far better driver than Nico Rosberg, he also had driven at the front for the entire race so his tyres would have been safer.

Oh look, and Hamilton immediately goes to congratulate his teammate. Compare that to Austin last year for all those who think Nico is the bigger man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom