• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 US Grand Prix Practice Live on Speed Channel (4 hours)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinobi

Starts at 12pm EST, goes till 4pm EST. I'm gonna tape it and try and watch some of it later tonight. Gotta love Speed Channel and their commitment to F1 coverage. Should be some cool interviews with Peter Windsor in the paddock (he had a nice one with Jenson Button that was shown on Wind Tunnel last night).

Mustang

Banned
Lets just give this race to Schumi and be done with it.

Its pointless to even talk about something when we already know the winner.

Koshiro

Mustang said:
Lets just give this race to Schumi and be done with it.

Its pointless to even talk about something when we already know the winner.
I'll watch but I have to agree with this post.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
While I understand the dig, There is a lot more to F1 than just who wins.

I personally enjoy the races for the mid-field battles, the chase for points (drivers & constructors) seeing the progress of drivers into (and out of) F1. It is a rich series IMO, often undermined by a narrowminded media & audience.

Freeburn.

Pimpwerx

I'll watch every minute of it. I'll love every minute of it. :) But I also agree that things have gotten predictable and boring. But the boredom isn't b/c Michael is winning everything. There have been periods of dominance in the past, and the action was still exciting b/c there were other battles to watch. But the problem is there's no overtaking anymore. Even less than in the past, and that's saying a lot. Qualies suck, the race suck, and practice is just practice, so it kinda sucks too. The show will get better. But will it get worse before it improves? :( Oh well, here's to grabbing pole this week and getting one closer to Senna. :) PEACE.

Shinobi

If we had even a half dozen races that came close to British GP last year, I wouldn't care if the same driver won every single race. The guys on Speed Channel called it last week...we're seeing a legend performing in front of our very eyes, and twenty years from now people are going to look at this decade of dominance in absolute amazement. As appreciated as Senna likely was when he was alive, he probably was appreciated far more when he suddenly departed. So as much as I'd like to see a wide open championship, I'm not gonna look down on seeing history in the making either.

Mustang

Banned
There is a lot more to F1 than just who wins.

indeed.

Except that was like 10 years ago.

If you like Ferrari, you are in hog heaven.

If you don't, its worse than having a root canal.

we're seeing a legend performing in front of our very eyes,

I will see your legend a raise you a Senna.

foto28.jpg

LusDekkar

I'm having a bit of an internal conflict as to wheather or not i should stay up and watch Qualifying. It's on at around 4am my time ... I hate american races make me wake up so early. I think i might catch the replay. It's good to hear that they're changing the qualifying format though

Pimpwerx

Looks like the Ferrari dominance has all but killed F1 interest in this forum this year. ;) Well, I'll keep bumping anyway.

On the issue of missing guys when the're gone. Just look at Mika. Mika and Michael would duel all year long. Now he's gone, and Michael is running away with the show. The void left by Mika's retirement is big. When Michael leaves, things are gonna be very different as well, and it'll help put things in perspective better. Michael's still writing his legacy.

On the USGP, looks like BAR are fast as hell again. Ferrari's chosen an interesting setup, opting for more downforce for the infield section than straightline speed. Only Rubens is near the top of the speed charts for the last sector. I don't like it. Running fast laps is fine, but if you get stuck in traffic, you can't overtake. This weekend might not be much different from the others as far as overtaking is concerned. Watching Sato make a meal of it versus Massa yesterday didn't leave me too confident for tomorrow, but we'll see. Pre-qualies start in 35mins. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Man, awesome pole for Rubens! He's having the best weekend. He's beaten Michael all weekend, and now put in a brilliant lap when he needed it most. I hope he leads into Turn 1 tomorrow. I think Michael can keep up, and I want to see them fight. :D Man, I'm really happy for Rubens. The only other person I wanted to see get pole besides Michael. The crowd is going bananas. :) PEACE.

Shinobi

Yeah, that was cool to see...Rubes is cool as hell. Don't know why people dog him. He's always done well here though...I think he's one of just three guys who've done a sub 70 second lap at Indy (Montoya and Trulli are the other two), so this track seems to suit him just fine. Be interesting to see what happens if Sato can get off to a fast start, considering what happened with he and Rubes at Nurburgring. As for my boy, I'll just hope Kimi's engine can hold together long enough so he can score some more points. Hopefully he won't be in the pits five times either.

LusDekkar

If there's any justice in the world, Rubins better take the win tomorrow and not hav eto give it to Schumi during a "pit stop". He's beaten Schumi in most (all?) sessions so yeah, it's Rubin's weekend for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom