• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
KY_KISKE_Heaven_or_hell_by_meisan.jpg

Thanks in advance guys :D

tmdorsey

Can someone please make my avatar background transparent? I swear I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed the steps here to a T and the damn white background still shows up when I upload it to GAF.

Toppot

Please help.
Also let me know which one you like best. THX. I really appreciate it.
pT6Cv.png
S0dxv.png
k28zK.png

0lvZ1.png
fUZss.png
unuBT.png

Neck brace one because its crazy, the shouting one is a close second, shades one is just boring.

Can someone please make my avatar background transparent? I swear I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed the steps here to a T and the damn white background still shows up when I upload it to GAF.
n0HV5.png

fPohY.png
JHRMR.png
xT8bU.png
HKbru.png
Jqrmx.png
ZZpOc.png

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
I didn't turn off the background layer. How do I do that?

Assuming ps and defaultish workspace.
Under layers will be one called Background, with a padlock on the right. Whenever you start a new project this layer is automatically made. Before you save as for web you can either hide the visibility by clicking the eye or deleting it all together.

I think it is good practice for transparent av makers to change the color of a background layer to see if it works on a variety of colors before export. A lot of transparent avs still have a white outline that pro-dark gaf users see.

tmdorsey

I wasn't editing in ps I was using pixlr. I don't have photoshop installed, but I didn't think I would need it for something like this that seems relatively simple.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
I wasn't editing in ps I was using pixlr. I don't have photoshop installed, but I didn't think I would need it for something like this that seems relatively simple.

You defiantly don't. I was just giving you steps in photoshop. Other program steps may very, but the techniques are usually the same.

Toppot

In pixlr (Advanced at least) you need to double click the padlock in the layers palette on the right hand side. You can then Magic Wand the white background and delete it, you will then see a white/grey checked background, this shows you that it is transparent.

So long as you then save it as PNG with transparency then it will work fine.

Kazzy

Can someone please work their usual magic on these images of Rosie? Just the face, probably, I doubt the hair will fit the full length!

tumblr_m6gpe95khm1ruc976o3_400.jpg

500full.jpg

Largo-and-Rosie.jpg

Toppot

Can someone please work their usual magic on these images of Rosie? Just the face, probably, I doubt the hair will fit the full length!

Tz0IY.png
MYjwE.png
4F2CN.png
9U3sq.png
S6DD2.png

I'm firmly behind the first one, possibly second one (They are in order of how much I like them). I personally dislike cut out images that have flat sides, that aren't body based.

Kazzy

Would someone be kind enough to convert the following into avatar form?. I think the backgrounds pretty much mean she has to be cut out from the image, but transparent avatars are the best anyway!

I should probably learn to do this myself, but that has so far turned out bad! And I know it wasn't too long since I last requested something, but I donated that to another poster

aganu

Would someone be kind enough to convert the following into avatar form?. I think the backgrounds pretty much mean she has to be cut out from the image, but transparent avatars are the best anyway!

I should probably learn to do this myself, but that has so far turned out bad! And I know it wasn't too long since I last requested something, but I donated that to another poster

WhXtg.png
8dQUK.png
2q669.png
NfekC.png

Kazzy

In pixlr (Advanced at least) you need to double click the padlock in the layers palette on the right hand side. You can then Magic Wand the white background and delete it, you will then see a white/grey checked background, this shows you that it is transparent.

So long as you then save it as PNG with transparency then it will work fine.

I'm getting the basics of this now, but I'm still running into a couple of niggles. I go through the necessary steps and when it comes time to cut away the background, it takes away a portion of the subject image too. The picture I'm working with contains some hard black lines, but I can't figure out a way to prevent those being eliminated too. I would normally just request something in here, but I don't want to be forever leaning on the thread to make everything for me.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi guys, I'm new but useless at photoshop, could someone somehow turn this into an avatar? If possible it would be great if it was with a transparent background, but I'm not sure if that's too big an ask.

Whatever you can do! Thanks. I'll love you forever.

Godfrey_jones.jpg

Toppot

I'm getting the basics of this now, but I'm still running into a couple of niggles. I go through the necessary steps and when it comes time to cut away the background, it takes away a portion of the subject image too. The picture I'm working with contains some hard black lines, but I can't figure out a way to prevent those being eliminated too. I would normally just request something in here, but I don't want to be forever leaning on the thread to make everything for me.

Any help would be appreciated!
Can you post the image, tell me what tool you are using that you are having the problems with and the programme you are using? (I'm guessing pixlr Advanced)

I promise not to make it into an avatar =P I'll have a look and try it myself and see what tools/tips I can give to help you do it =]

Hi guys, I'm new but useless at photoshop, could someone somehow turn this into an avatar? If possible it would be great if it was with a transparent background, but I'm not sure if that's too big an ask.

Whatever you can do! Thanks. I'll love you forever.

1A4un.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom