• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PounchEnvy said:
edit: In return I'm retiring the Possum Gaf avatar. :(

n33qpv.jpg

big-boss-salute.jpg

Trickster

If some kind soul could make a gif avatar for neogaf use from the below video, I'd be very grateful.

The part I want is roughly from 1:49 to 1:55 in the video, most important thing is getting the part where she's turning around. But of course, if possible, I'd love as much of the part before she turns around as well. But I don't want it to hurt image quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvJGQRYOYmg

Salazar

5f0ox5.jpg

I don't know if it's possible to cut a TOS-valid avatar from this gif.

If it is, and someone deft and kind enough obliges, I will explode with gratitude.

Trickster said:
If some kind soul could make a gif avatar for neogaf use from the below video, I'd be very grateful.

The part I want is roughly from 1:49 to 1:55 in the video, most important thing is getting the part where she's turning around. But of course, if possible, I'd love as much of the part before she turns around as well. But I don't want it to hurt image quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvJGQRYOYmg

i3a1sk.jpg
(less frames) or
2h6epft.jpg
(lower quality)

Sordid

I don't suppose anyone could make a gif from this old Halo video for me? It's from around 1m20s to 1m22s. I'd be massively grateful :*)

Having no image editing experience whatsoever I tried to make it myself and was delighted that it actually animated :lol it's 300kb though and I've no idea how to make it smaller :*(

acx0ly.gif

Boonoo

Sordid said:
I don't suppose anyone could make a gif from this old Halo video for me? It's from around 1m20s to 1m22s. I'd be massively grateful :*)

Having no image editing experience whatsoever I tried to make it myself and was delighted that it actually animated :lol it's 300kb though and I've no idea how to make it smaller :*(

acx0ly.gif

wtdr3n.gif

Clipper

HiResDes said:
Man I really think the darker one looks better, but whatever floats your boat.
Uh, you know it's probably a bad idea to post in this thread with an avatar that is too tall (it stretches to 90*133). Here's some versions of yours fixed to follow the rules...

First, added transparency on the right side:
svm6gz.gif

Second, scaled to 90 width, then cropped to fit the height restriction:
svm6gz-2.jpg

lightless_shado said:
Can someone out there refine a Gif for me so it can be small enough to be an avatar? PM me if you're interested.
You should just post the GIF you want so we can see what the job is like.

Thanks!

EDIT: err, I think we still have a problem. Being at work I can only view these hosting sites on my iPad so I guess I'll have to wait a while to fix it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Not official avatar business, but if one of the GAF GIF pros could make the file size of this gif smaller, I'd appreciate it. I can't even rehost it because it's 5mb.
239473_o.gif

Thanks.

HiResDes

Clipper said:
Uh, you know it's probably a bad idea to post in this thread with an avatar that is too tall (it stretches to 90*133). Here's some versions of yours fixed to follow the rules...

First, added transparency on the right side:
svm6gz.gif

Second, scaled to 90 width, then cropped to fit the height restriction:
svm6gz-2.jpg

You should just post the GIF you want so we can see what the job is like.
Oh shit I didn't even realize it, thanks for fixing for me. I would have tried to fix it myself if I had known.

Poyunch

Oh my god this video has so much avatar/gif potential. :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJMemIVjLa0

I'd love an avatar of the blue kid from segment 1. I'm not sure whether I'd prefer one with the whole body or the close up of the face. :lol

Also segment 10 (starting @1:55) with the cutaway.

Segment 14 starting at 2:30 I'd love the guy on the right.

Or alternatively could someone just do segment 1 with three different avatars. One with the blue kid, one with the close up of the Blue Kid, and if possible the kid and the ice cream truck chasing him?

I know this is a lot to ask (so really big thanks in advance). I think I'm going to have a new rotating avatar with just these. :lol

Takao

Banned
Can some one take out the white space from the following picture, and resize it to the avatar size? The rotating clan of Medabots have overstayed their welcome, and I'm finally ready to settle down with an avatar.

2uqg9x0.jpg

HiResDes

Takao said:
Can some one take out the white space from the following picture, and resize it to the avatar size? The rotating clan of Medabots have overstayed their welcome, and I'm finally ready to settle down with an avatar.

2uqg9x0.jpg
1p9jc0.jpg

...Somebody might be able to do it better than me, don't know how much white space you wanted eliminated.

Takao

Banned
HiResDes said:
1p9jc0.jpg

...Somebody might be able to do it better than me, don't know how much white space you wanted eliminated.

Thanks man, but I probably should've been more specific. I meant the white background. I want the background to be transparent, and I haven't a clue on how to do that with Gimp (or I'd make the avatar myself). I suspect the card he's holding might cause some trouble, and if it does, I'm fine with the version you made.

Clipper

Here you go:

2uqg9x0.gif

There's no need to reduce it to avatar width as the forum will do that for you. It's valid at the original size.

Edit: Damn. Shouldn't have spent that extra minute writing out the description. Still, its probably still handy to know that you don't need the smaller one.

G-Fex

sykoex said:
Like this?

Hate to bug you Sykoex and thanks for the Av but I had a great idea. Think you could take the part from 2:09 in that video, the little strut walk and make it a gif with "Haters gonna hate" captioning on it? :D Not a avatar, just a gif.

HiResDes

Takao said:
Thanks man, but I probably should've been more specific. I meant the white background. I want the background to be transparent, and I haven't a clue on how to do that with Gimp (or I'd make the avatar myself). I suspect the card he's holding might cause some trouble, and if it does, I'm fine with the version you made.
Damn how did you know that, I did it easy as hell in photoshop but I accidentally cut a corner of the card off.

HiResDes said:
Damn how did you know that, I did it easy as hell in photoshop but I accidentally cut a corner of the card off.
It's basic rendering knowledge. When you do a quick select of an image (which I'm guessing you did), it will sometimes select things on the character or subject of the photo that are white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom