• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Crakatak187 said:
I'll take that gun one thank you very much.
k cool, btw I noticed that I left a weird dark line at the top of that gif. This one doesn't have that:

4MmSC.gif

Kraftwerk

Hey yall :)

my request : in THIS video at the 00:45 mark the camera shifts to the 'drummer' and shows him playing it for a few seconds..If i could get a gif avatar of him playing that would be terrific :D

HiResDes

Kraftwerk said:
Hey yall :)

my request : in THIS video at the 00:45 mark the camera shifts to the 'drummer' and shows him playing it for a few seconds..If i could get a gif avatar of him playing that would be terrific :D
2ihmiyx.jpg

...If you want a different section, or a full size stretched avatar tell me.

Kraftwerk

HiResDes said:
2ihmiyx.jpg

...If you want a different section, or a full size stretched avatar tell me.
thats really good BUT i dont want teh camera switch to be in there.Just a gif of him playing the drum for a few secs,and yes if i could get it full sized/stretched would be perfect :D

Clipper

Don't stretch it, cropping out the unneeded data instead would be a much better way to get full size.

Also, to complete my repertoire, what's the best way to get the GIFs from the videos. I already got DownloadHelper for Firefox, but is there a better converter than the one they provide to turn it into the initial GIF?

HiResDes

Kraftwerk said:
thats really good BUT i dont want teh camera switch to be in there.Just a gif of him playing the drum for a few secs,and yes if i could get it full sized/stretched would be perfect :D
2gwdphc.jpg

...Stretched it a little bit.

Edit: Oh fuck you said drums didn't you...I was just concentrating on what I saw at 0:45. My fault. Or that is the drummer...Okay :lol

Kraftwerk

HiResDes said:
2gwdphc.jpg

...Stretched it a little bit.

Edit: Oh fuck you said drums didn't you...I was just concentrating on what I saw at 0:45. My fault. Or that is the drummer...Okay :lol
how do you guys make these gifs so fast anyway?i have gimp what else do i need and is there a guide online?..i seriously need to learn this shit.

HiResDes

Kraftwerk said:
how do you guys make these gifs so fast anyway?i have gimp what else do i need and is there a guide online?..i seriously need to learn this shit.
I do things the hard way, which is why my shit never comes out perfect. I use downloadhelper to get the vids, and then I take screenshots of them with VLC player and save them in a folder. Then in gimp I open them up as layers and go to work. For yours I cropped the image a bit, and then stretched it to avatar size. Then I dropped the colors down to cut the size down appropriately. It takes a bit of experimenting, but its pretty easy.

HiResDes

Made this for poops and giggles...If anybody wants

29qo47d.jpg

Shit I just realized that the limit is actually 150kb not 120kb:lol...Here's a better quality version of the one I made for you:

2aan6sy.jpg

HiResDes said:
I do things the hard way, which is why my shit never comes out perfect. I use downloadhelper to get the vids, and then I take screenshots of them with VLC player and save them in a folder. Then in gimp I open them up as layers and go to work. For yours I cropped the image a bit, and then stretched it to avatar size. Then I dropped the colors down to cut the size down appropriately. It takes a bit of experimenting, but its pretty easy.
Damn, Des. :lol I feel sorry for you. Taking screenshots of each frame... That's terrible. Get Photoshop and I'll teach you how to really do it.

HiResDes

Koroshi said:
Damn, Des. :lol I feel sorry for you. Taking screenshots of each frame... That's terrible. Get Photoshop and I'll teach you how to really do it.
:lol...I could easily get the gimp plugin, but really it doesn't take me too long, so I don't even bother.

Clipper

I didn't realise there was a Gimp plugin... boy, it's so easy to use!

Plus, I may start using the other features it provides for stuff like the alternate frame dropping. I was doing that previously by manually selecting each frame and then spamming a keyboard macro I set up...

Equus Bellator Apex

Alright I got an easy one for you guys.

I won an avatar bet and I need help making one.

custom_1251906141706_Cutler_4.jpg

Could you resize this and put on the phrase in white letters

Equus
was
right.

Towards the bottom right.

So that it doen't cover Cutler's face.

Thank You.

Clipper

First attempt:
custom_1251906141706_Cutler_4.jpg

Let me know if you want anything fixed. I'm horrible with fonts, so a guide on which font you might prefer would also be helpful ;).

Edit: attempt 2 using your PM stats, although I went with Corbel as I don't have Myriad:
custom_1251906141706_Cutler_5.jpg

Mention any other necessary changes and I should be able to easily do them.

And your PMs seem (or seemed) to be full, so I'll say this here:
If you want to host a few images, go with photobucket. Otherwise, tinypic will probably suffice.

And because I can't leave well enough alone:
Cutler_anim.gif

yencid

Ugh TinyPic just made themselves out to be dicks. im switching to imgur

anyways this is the image i posted in the message (that didnt show up because of tinypic)

WmK6B.gif

Claim if want.

yencid said:
Ugh TinyPic just made themselves out to be dicks. im switching to imgur

anyways this is the image i posted in the message (that didnt show up because of tinypic)

WmK6B.gif

Claim if want.
It showed up in the first post for me.

i need a new avatar since tinypic sucks and i didnt save my old one.

klavier-up%28b%29.gif

i am not quite sure, if i should use this, since my old avatar was klavier as well, but i think i should use him for another couple of months before switching to something else, i really like.

could someone avatarize (and maybe turn it around, so he looks right) this gif for me?

Clipper

Earl Cazone said:
i need a new avatar since tinypic sucks and i didnt save my old one.

klavier-up%28b%29.gif

i am not quite sure, if i should use this, since my old avatar was klavier as well, but i think i should use him for another couple of months before switching to something else, i really like.

could someone avatarize (and maybe turn it around, so he looks right) this gif for me?
klavier.gif

X-Frame

Can someone transform Grace Park into an Avatar for me please? :D

All I would want is the initial shot and then the 2nd shot of her turning around with her body in full view. Not the 3rd shot though .. seems redundant.

Kono.gif

Thanks!!

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
X-Frame said:
Can someone transform Grace Park into an Avatar for me please? :D

All I would want is the initial shot and then the 2nd shot of her turning around with her body in full view. Not the 3rd shot though .. seems redundant.

Kono.gif

Thanks!!
Andke.gif
or
vF8za.gif

Messi

Can someone please make this into an avatar for me if you have some spare time. thanks. Just his face would be fine or the whole pic but I assume using the whole pic would make it too small.

ISht1.jpg

Clipper

Messi said:
Can someone please make this into an avatar for me if you have some spare time. thanks. Just his face would be fine or the whole pic but I assume using the whole pic would make it too small.

ISht1.jpg
The full image is OK on its own at the original size, so feel free to try it out. Here's some cropped ones:
ISht3.jpg
ISht2.jpg

Mana Sin said:
Could someone make an avatar for me using this Spirit of Ecstasy? I'd like it without a background, so that it's just the the Spirit.
I'm not happy with the scaling in this, so I might have another go later, but here:
spirit.png

Edit: did one without the base too:
spirit2.png

Oh, and I should also mention that I touched up the cloth a bit to remove that reflection in the original image as it looks really off-putting when scaled down. Let me know if you want it back.

Clipper

Rahxephon91 said:
I feel really dumb asking for this as I doubt it would be very hard to make a proper avatar out of this picture, but each time I've done I've never been happy with it.

I'm looking for an avatar of this pic.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/005/920607_20050106_screen058.jpg

More focus on her face, but I don't know. I rather see someone who knows what they're doing edit it in to a proper avatar.
How are these? It could also be zoomed further, but it would crop out more of the hair.
rahxephon1.jpg
rahxephon2.jpg

Equus Bellator Apex

Another week, another avatar bet.

This request is going to be a little difficult.

Can someone turn this into an avatar

devin-hester-punt-return-o.gif

Could you get the part were he hurdles over the last defender and jumps into the crowd

also can you addd the phrase

"EQUUS
WAS
RIGHT"

like Clipper did here

Cutler_anim.gif

Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom