• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Gif or ?

oIFRZ.png

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Boney said:
Well yeah that, since there is no animated gifs :(

Thanks maaan!

too bad there's not a higher quality one :(

:(

Only goes up to 480p :/ unless you can find a 720p version of it..

Pre

Any chance someone can turn this into a nice avatar for me? If it ends up looking a little squished, I'd like just Jake (the one on the right).

I don't know if it belongs here but i want to know how i can get my avatar back?
Some weeks ago i put a gif as my avatar and i didn't know about the no more gif avatar rule. Even normal avatars don't show up. Did i got punished? :(

Clipper

PNstyle said:
I don't know if it belongs here but i want to know how i can get my avatar back?
Some weeks ago i put a gif as my avatar and i didn't know about the no more gif avatar rule. Even normal avatars don't show up. Did i got punished? :(
No, you just didn't read the multiple stickied announcements about the avatar change. Everybody lost their externally hosted avatars on the same day, but the rest of us have uploaded new ones after that. You just need to go to your User CP and upload an avatar and you'll be fine. Only rules now are the image must be 100 pixels wide or smaller, 120 pixels high or smaller and it must not be an animated GIF.

Your old avatar is fine too, so just upload that one if you like. You have an extra 10 pixels of width to work with if you like, though.
7b2f8d16.png

3N16MA

Banned
First post on GAF after a long waiting period. I was hoping someone would be able to make these two images into proper avatar size.

smoke-monkey-small.jpg

Perhaps take out the background and leave the monkey with a transparent background.

lionel-hutz.gif

If possible have the name "Miguel Sanchez" in a stamp effect placed diagonally over the pic with a transparent background.

I know my 2nd request may be asking a bit much so if it can just be brought down to avatar size that would still be appreciated. Thanks.

Clipper said:
No, you just didn't read the multiple stickied announcements about the avatar change. Everybody lost their externally hosted avatars on the same day, but the rest of us have uploaded new ones after that. You just need to go to your User CP and upload an avatar and you'll be fine. Only rules now are the image must be 100 pixels wide or smaller, 120 pixels high or smaller and it must not be an animated GIF.

Your old avatar is fine too, so just upload that one if you like. You have an extra 10 pixels of width to work with if you like, though.
7b2f8d16.png
Thank you so much.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
DragonKnight said:
Yeah...that's it but are the rules for setting it up still the same?

-Click User CP at the top
-Click Edit Avatar on the left side
-Click the "Use Custom Avatar" button and browse for it or enter that URL

orangecaramel said:
-Click User CP at the top
-Click Edit Avatar on the left side
-Click the "Use Custom Avatar" button and browse for it or enter that URL

I tried that and it says that my avatar has the incorrect file extension

Clipper

orangecaramel said:
Alternatively, just download the image to your hard drive, rename it as blah.png (as that image is a .png, not a .jpg) and upload from your PC. Using orangecaramel's link is easier in this case, but this should help others with the same problem.

Your browser should tell you what the real image type is if you look for the image properties or info in the right-click menu.

BosSin

oops, i thought that was alpha, 1 sec lemme fix it

EDIT: It is transparent... did you take a screenshot?
Umm, I just saved it and it turned out OK

EDIT 3: argggg, this is annoying, i'll try fix it soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom