• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I am looking for something new. I want it to incorporate the Cyclone logo like I have in mine and something to do with gaming (thus Mirror's Edge and controller in mine now), but look cooler.

Anyone got ideas? Feel free to whip something up if you do.

-BLITZ-

Boney

HNUb0.png
VJJkq.png

Boney

Banned
-BLITZ- said:
welp, they don't really work as an avatar. Was thinking with the mouth open instead of close, but still, you can't see the hair, and looks just so muted.

Aww :(

Thanks a lot though dude, I appreciate it

-BLITZ-

Let's try again, then. The single thing is that, the image has to be smaller in order to see her hair. If you like small scale avatars, for me is not a problem by making them.

Here, this is how it looks in 100x120 transparent, of course.
MabPN.png
eKSG9.png

Clipper

-BLITZ- said:
Let's try again, then. The single thing is that, the image has to be smaller in order to see her hair. If you like small scale avatars, for me is not a problem by making them.

MabPN.png
eKSG9.png
Just a comment on this practice. You don't have to make them 120 high. The transparency just ends up making shorter posts take up more room. If there is a reason for adding the transparency that I can't think of, I'd be glad to hear it. It just seems better to me to post the avatar at whatever height the visible region is.

-BLITZ-

Okay. I thought you need to stick with the 100x120 rule size when you make them much smaller. Now, is very easy for me too.

Grisby

Could someone LA Noire my cat? Like with one of those fedora hats on his head, not quite covering the eyes or something?

Theres a few avatars in the official thread that I picked out, don't know which one would be the best.

YjYRe.png

aQaYz.png

Clipper

Grisby said:
Could someone LA Noire my cat? Like with one of those fedora hats on his head, not quite covering the eyes or something?

Theres a few avatars in the official thread that I picked out, don't know which one would be the best.

YjYRe.png

aQaYz.png
I'm not really happy with this one, but it illustrates that you probably need a bigger version of the original source of your avatar. There's just not enough room above the head, unless you make the fedora tiny:

acidcatavatar.png

Edit: Then again, now that I cleaned it up a tad, I do kinda like it. He seems so happy to have it on ;)

Blader5489 said:
Would anyone like to craft something decent out of this?

warrior.jpg

Appreciate it.

Does this work?

alUCP.jpg

I lightened it up a bit and highlighted some features of the image so you should still see details for the small size.

Boney

Banned
-BLITZ- said:

MabPN.png
eKSG9.png
cool man! thanks :3

gonna rock it out and see how it goes, thanks youuu

hmm looks weird with the invisible stuff, can somebody trim it out?

Baconbitz

Banned
Can I have cleaned up, Avatarsized, and straightened out? Can I have cleaned up, Avatarsized, and straightened out? Also, can I get the image straightened out and cleaned up without being avatarsized?
2DcC9.jpg

Clipper

Baconbitz said:
Can I have cleaned up, Avatarsized, and straightened out? Can I have cleaned up, Avatarsized, and straightened out? Also, can I get the image straightened out and cleaned up without being avatarsized?

http://i.imgur.com/2DcC9.jpg

Here's the rotated (so the couch/walls are straight) image:
familyuncropped.jpg

And here's some avatars, although feel free to suggest a different framing:
familycropped1.jpg
familycropped2.jpg
familycropped3.jpg

Clipper

RustyO said:
Test post, I think this is the right size.

Can anyone make the background transparent for me please?

bird.png

The maximum image size is now 100*120 without any scaling (so any size at or below 100*120 is good). You could have 10 more pixels of width if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom