• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
orangecaramel said:
tbkHN.png

Perfect! Thanks!

Desmond said:
By the way, what are the dimensions for avatars now anyway?( I know they changed recently)
Done and done!
The new avatar dimensions are 100x120. Also, welcome to the forums!

enMgM.jpg
1qZIv.jpg
o3lmy.png
lNamw.png
64ARD.png
D61oa.png

Also, not sure if this happens for anyone else, but I've noticed that when I post images anywhere on the boards their dimensions appear larger than the actual size. It might be my browser or laptop, but just a headsup.

Desmond

Typographenia said:
Done and done!
The new avatar dimensions are 100x120. Also, welcome to the forums!

enMgM.jpg
1qZIv.jpg
o3lmy.png
lNamw.png
64ARD.png
D61oa.png

Also, not sure if this happens for anyone else, but I've noticed that when I post images anywhere on the boards their dimensions appear larger than the actual size. It might be my browser or laptop, but just a headsup.
Yoink !
Holy Crap these are great, Thanks

Blu10

Could I get someone to make this into an avatar of the correct size please. If you can give me a heads up on what program you are using, I can just work through that if I find anything else I like down the road.
WO6pA.jpg

Clipper

Blu10 said:
Could I get someone to make this into an avatar of the correct size please. If you can give me a heads up on what program you are using, I can just work through that if I find anything else I like down the road.
http://i.imgur.com/WO6pA.jpg
explode1.jpg
explode2.jpg

Most of us use Gimp, but there's a few people using Photoshop and other tools. Any image editing software will easily let you scale and crop images, though. Even Photobucket's web app.

Blu10

Clipper said:
Most of us use Gimp, but there's a few people using Photoshop and other tools. Any image editing software will easily let you scale and crop images, though. Even Photobucket's web app.

Awesome, Thanks for the heads up, and avatar :)

Clipper

Photobucket is also useful and you shouldn't go over the bandwidth limit of the free accounts with just avatars. Unlike imgur, you'll be able to have albums of all your images and I like to put titles based on the users the images were created for like my GAF avatar album.

Vyer

Hi folks. Can anyone take the logo in my avvy (the Greatest American Hero symbol) and make it awesome? Something more stylized, or cleaner, I don't know... Just throwing it out there. Most images of it are pretty plain and boring.

Clipper said:
What colour do you want for the border? If you could give an RGB value, that'd be really nice. Either that, or tell us one of the colours in the current or another image, like the Trojans text colour or something.

Sixers colors are red white and blue.

Thanks

Clipper

Knux-Future said:
Sixers colors are red white and blue.

Thanks
Uh, I don't think you understand. The 'head' avatars usually have the head cut out with a thick, solid coloured border around it. What colour do you want it to be? Or do you want three borders in red, white and blue? Could you please give a sample image with the correct colours and order of the colours or use the app linked in my previous post to choose which specific shades you want, please?

Clipper said:
Uh, I don't think you understand. The 'head' avatars usually have the head cut out with a thick, solid coloured border around it. What colour do you want it to be? Or do you want three borders in red, white and blue? Could you please give a sample image with the correct colours and order of the colours or use the app linked in my previous post to choose which specific shades you want, please?

#F80000

once again thanks for taking the time out for this

for reference

Sixers Jersey

Holiday-Jrue-11-200x300.jpg

Clipper said:
Using #F80000:
head1.png

It's my first time doing one of these, so if you'd like something improved, let me know and I'll give it a go.

It's a little rough. Try one more and I'll take the best one. Thanks man.

I'm going to bed now so you can take your time or just PM me.

No Hurry.

Thanks

Mistle

Clipper, good job on the avatars, but to prevent that "rough" look to the outline/cutout, try using the pen tool. Select his head, inverse selection, then delete the background (with anti-aliasing).
Now you can add a border with either drop shadow or outer glow in the layer blending options. At least, this is how I do it. The result is a lot smoother. I don't mean to offend, but just sharing some tips :D

Here's my take on it, using above methods: (and also some colour/contrast tweaks)

sHx1a.png

Photoshop, btw. Forgot to mention that, lol.

Plasmid

Can someone replace the stick figure head with this head? I guess all it needs is a reversal and replacement but i suck at it lol. Can you make it transparent too, like the current avatar?

Mw1G9.png

1GNgU.jpg

Mistle said:
Clipper, good job on the avatars, but to prevent that "rough" look to the outline/cutout, try using the pen tool. Select his head, inverse selection, then delete the background (with anti-aliasing).
Now you can add a border with either drop shadow or outer glow in the layer blending options. At least, this is how I do it. The result is a lot smoother. I don't mean to offend, but just sharing some tips :D

Here's my take on it, using above methods: (and also some colour/contrast tweaks)

sHx1a.png

Both of you guys are awesome.

I'll use this one. Thanks for the hard work Clipper and Mistle.

Clipper

Mistle said:

sHx1a.png

Gimp's anti-aliasing just can't match the tool you have to pay for, it seems. Plus, I did properly capture his spiky hair :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom