• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

commedieu said:
You're right it is the Halo Complex. Its people who know what they are talking about, telling others that the features in it aren't unique to the series. The people that dont know this put it all forward as if to say its what defines the game -above and beyond- other games.

Sure, Headtracking is in GT5. Do I get a prize? going by halo rules, theres no console game that headtracks. So that means its Innovative!

And again, proving that GT doesn't innovate highlights the fact that F3 sure as hell doesnt. The problem is trying to say Forza is better than GT because of its unique features. And none are unique. Then when you prove they aren't.. it goes "SO WHATS INNOVATIVE ABOUT GT?!?!?" Well.. we weren't saying GT was. So stop trying to pretend rewind just ran out the gates and is now a definitive feature for a series.
headtracking, thats all you got. pretty sad. isn't the camera needed for that...... useless...

Duelist

commedieu said:
I think you're finally getting it.

Which is why gloating about rewind is just about the dumbest thing i've seen all day.

This is ridiculous. So what you're saying is, no one can gloat about any feature because it has been implemented before somewhere else.

Hey, guys posting the GT5 shots, sorry. Cars have been done in other games before. GT5 ain't special.

commedieu

Banned
pixel monkey said:
Turn 10 is taking the genre to the next level. Fucking deal with it.

9ihcmp.jpg

ShapeGSX

commedieu said:
I think you're finally getting it.

Which is why gloating about rewind is just about the dumbest thing i've seen all day.

Agreed. It is a nice tool. I'm sure I'll use it at some point. But I don't really think it is a brag-able point. Online rules? Yep! :)

commedieu

Banned
Scottlarock said:
headtracking, thats all you got. pretty sad. isn't the camera needed for that...... useless...

Well the camera is needed only if you want to use that feature..Just like you need a HDD to play Forza3.:lol

That wasn't it. Just named an example of something that would be considered unique, If I were going as far to say that. Which im not, because Im not saying GT is beyond Forza. Forza has great features, and is a good package. Just like GT.

The problem here is that Forzatics are naming things that aren't unique to the genre, and trying to pawn it off as innovation.

"This is ridiculous. So what you're saying is, no one can gloat about any feature because it has been implemented before somewhere else."

I'm saying how are you going to gloat about features that DEFINE a series, that are literally in other games? First off you shouldn't even be gloating in the first place, when no one is saying anything to begin with.

Duelist

commedieu said:
I'm saying how are you going to gloat about features that DEFINE a series, that are literally in other games?

Well, rewind isn't much to gloat about. But I mentioned before the 60 fps, 360 Hz physics calculations, etc. Those are things that did define the series, and they haven't been in other racing sims on consoles.

commedieu said:
First off you shouldn't even be gloating in the first place, when no one is saying anything to begin with.

Are you aware of the thread you're posting in? :)

commedieu said:
Well the camera is needed only if you want to use that feature..Just like you need a HDD to play Forza3.:lol

That wasn't it. Just named an example of something that would be considered unique, If I were going as far to say that. Which im not, because Im not saying GT is beyond Forza. Forza has great features, and is a good package. Just like GT.

The problem here is that Forzatics are naming things that aren't unique to the genre, and trying to pawn it off as innovation.

"This is ridiculous. So what you're saying is, no one can gloat about any feature because it has been implemented before somewhere else."

I'm saying how are you going to gloat about features that DEFINE a series, that are literally in other games? First off you shouldn't even be gloating in the first place, when no one is saying anything to begin with.
:lol everything you just posted, is the same exact stuff you hate about forza but love GT5 for it. and you don't need a HDD to play forza. your so funny and the Real Driving Simulator might not launch until late next year!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Going over the past several pages, I don't think people are really gloating about rewind for the most part - they're more defending it's inclusion in the game from all the rabid attacks. Which is silly given the thread's all about silly rabid attacks. :lol

KHarvey16

"Rewind sucks and it makes FM3 an arcade game for children!"

"Uh, no...it's optional and doesn't change anything unless you want it to..."

"STOP GLOATING IT'S NOT ORIGINAL GOD"

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
All this has me thinking, what was the first game to use a breaking line?

Cause I think that is the great feature ever in a racing sims.

XiaNaphryz said:
Going over the past several pages, I don't think people are really gloating about rewind for the most part - they're more defending it's inclusion in the game from all the rabid attacks. Which is silly given the thread's all about silly rabid attacks. :lol
forza 2 had rumble, which alot of GT fans said it was not important and just turn up your bass, but that was before.....(they almost always 'turn it off')

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
commedieu said:
Can you please provide a specific example of a "Forzatic" in this thread gloating about rewind?

AZ Greg

Firewire said:
Again my view of a sim is driving from point A to B with no stops unless length of the race requires pit stops, or flags are involved. In real racing I've never seen rewind have you? The ability to continually manipulate a race over and over using this feature eliminates it from the category for me...personally.

Uh, you do know that both of these games will have things that would disqualify them from being what you define a "sim" as right? We don't know much about GT5's damage, but let's assume it's similar to Forza's. In GT5 if you can drive away after hitting a wall at 150+MPH then the game isn't a sim because "In real racing I've never seen ["X"] have you?"

But by all means, continue to conveniently define what a "sim" is based on your agenda. Just be ready to defend things in March that are a lot more significant than rewind.

Scottlarock said:
forza 2 had rumble, which alot of GT fans said it was not important and just turn up your bass, but that was before.....(they almost always 'turn it off')
FYI GT5 Prologue had rumble in my wheel setup from day one, so you obviously don´t have a clue about what you are talking about. :lol

(but that may be a requirement for posting in this thread, slowly backs off)

Duelist

painful fart said:
FYI GT5 Prologue had rumble in my wheel setup from day one, so you obviously don´t have a clue about what you are talking about. :lol

(but that may be a requirement for posting in this thread, slowly backs off)

Read his statement a bit more carefully.

Duelist

painful fart said:
So he is not comparing F2 to GT5 Prologue or what?

What is this thread about anyway? Care to fill me in?

When Forza 2 came out, a lot of GT fans said it wasn't important. This is was well before GT5: Prologue was even out.

do you remember sony fans saying how rumble is not important, they always turn it off, it bugs them when the controller vibrates, kinda like how they said the same thing about achievements ... lets see what happens when GT5 says they have rewind.

evolution

Scottlarock said:
do you remember sony fans saying how rumble is not important, they always turn it off, it bugs them when the controller vibrates, kinda like how they said the same thing about achievements ... lets see what happens when GT5 says they have rewind.
I don't think PD will add it. They have larger priorities atm

AZ Greg

Scottlarock said:

It was the same with damage too.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
evolution said:
When the forza came out, 60fps didn't matter either. :lol

Uh no just no dude, 60fps was always important.

I remembered that damage mattered and physics and A.I mattered though rite? (when FM 1 was out) :lol

evolution

Slayer-33 said:
Uh no just no dude, 60fps was always important.

I remembered that damage mattered and physics and A.I mattered though rite? (when FM 1 was out) :lol
Sure, it did matter, but you missed the point of the post.

mujun

XiaNaphryz said:

The whole versus part of the thread stopped like twenty pages ago. It's pretty much been commedieu and interefectum looking for people to admit that Forza 3 is meh at best.

BigBoss

evolution said:
Why cause im posting stupid shit like you guys. Seriously...

Its pretty damn sad that prior to your post there were 5 posts in a row shitting on the GT series and Sony fans in general, then you make a similar remark about Forza and he calls you out. :lol

user_nat

If the racing game exclusive to my console of choice does not have a certain feature, that feature does not matter. More at 11.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so, who is winning?

this thread is still alive and kicking after more then 2 weeks... dont you dolts realize that no one is changing their minds about which is (or will be) the better game? you guys are wasting your time and to be honest, its way past entertaining at this point.

LCfiner

evolution said:
When the forza came out, 60fps didn't matter either. :lol

nice try, but no. everyone knew that was important. :lol

Obviously some console warriors back in the day must have tried to defend it, but that was a lost cause, man.

evolution

op_ivy said:
so, who is winning?

this thread is still alive and kicking after more then 2 weeks... dont you dolts realize that no one is changing their minds about which is (or will be) the better game? you guys are wasting your time and to be honest, its way past entertaining at this point.
C'mon now this thread wasn't made to change minds. Its the place to talk shit, maybe a few people have real debates about something really relevant to each game. Its been great to see who's the most dedicated cheerleader for each game though :lol

user_nat

op_ivy said:
so, who is winning?

Has any thread debate about religion, politics, sports or favorite consoles ever changed anyones mind? Ever..?

qirex99

Banned
Slayer-33 said:
:lol I remember.

Do you remember when online play didn't matter either?

I sure do :lol

THATS hilarious - fo sho!

I also remember when broadband multiplayer was - "not necessary" - lols

evolution

LCfiner said:
nice try, but no. everyone knew that was important. :lol

Obviously some console warriors back in the day must have tried to defend it, but that was a lost cause, man.
And we have a few console warriors arguing against the rewind tool. Its no different. Plenty of GT fans, including myself, wouldn't care either way if rewind was in GT5.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
user_nat said:
Has any thread debate about religion, politics, sports or favorite consoles ever changed anyones mind? Ever..?

no, you are right, those are all retarded threads to have on the internet :lol

evolution said:
C'mon now this thread wasn't made to change minds. Its the place to talk shit, maybe a few people have real debates about something really relevant to each game. Its been great to see who's the most dedicated cheerleader for each game though :lol

yeah, and it was fun for a few days, but 15 days later (CONSTANTLY ON THE FRONT PAGE) is just... embarrassing. grow up guys

LCfiner

evolution said:
And we have a few console warriors arguing against the rewind tool. Its no different. Plenty of GT fans, including myself, wouldn't care either way if rewind was in GT5.

I think what happened was maybe one or two people started saying that rewind was the hot shit and it was gonna be awesome and that’s it. most posts the last couple pages defending the feature that I remember are simply people saying “hey, don’t knock the game just because it has it”. I haven’t seen a lot of boasting about rewind as THE killer feature.

but I maintain my earlier stance that I would like to see rewind added in GT5… just for the lulz on Gaf.

(it won’t be)

Top Bottom