• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Yoritomo

evolution said:
And we have a few console warriors arguing against the rewind tool. Its no different. Plenty of GT fans, including myself, wouldn't care either way if rewind was in GT5.

Sort of like not caring about multiplayer, or damage, or an actual driver ai.

Yoritomo

op_ivy said:
so, who is winning?

this thread is still alive and kicking after more then 2 weeks... dont you dolts realize that no one is changing their minds about which is (or will be) the better game? you guys are wasting your time and to be honest, its way past entertaining at this point.

Right now Forza 3 is getting higher review scores than GT5, so it's winning.

Yoritomo

DancingJesus said:
Don't bother responding to that...

They could release it anytime I'm sure. They just have 45% left to go to complete it. I wonder how far along it was when they were talking about an 08 release.

Yoritomo

I think I'm close to having a majority of my total posts being in this thread. Considering bish's tone in his warning.... I think I should go be constructive somewhere.

Have fun and hopefully we can solve this important issue soon.

palphatefull.jpg

conman

I still don't see the big deal about the rewind function either way. I'd personally just rather start the race over, but I don't care about the feature being in the game. Unlike Grid and Dirt 2, the rewind isn't integrated into the play mechanics, so I don't feel the need to use it, but more power to the folks who do.

Forza is still all about having tons and tons of features. Rewind is just one more to add to the growing pile. Personally, I'd rather they focused on things that have to do with driving (physics, FOV, track layout and conditions, etc), but I do have fun with all the dozens of other bells and whistles Turn 10 adds to their games.

Firewire

Banned
Yoritomo said:
I think I'm close to having a majority of my total posts being in this thread. Considering bish's tone in his warning.... I think I should go be constructive somewhere.
I'm not so sure about the constructive part but you leaving this thread sounds like a good idea.

Firewire

Banned
pixel monkey said:
Can't have anyone contradicting what you believe to be FACT, now can we, Firewire?
What fact would that be?

He wrote this..
Right now Forza 3 is getting higher review scores than GT5, so it's winning.
He never responded to the question I asked about his statement, would you like to answer for him?

Firewire said:
What fact would that be?

He wrote this..

He never responded to the question I asked about his statement, would you like to answer for him?

You didn't like that he presented an argument that you disagreed with and you wanted him to stop disrespecting the old throne. In your world, if it's not Sony, it's not worth a damn. Instead of playing the games and judging them accordingly, you're simply blinded by your brand loyalty to the point that you can't even admit TO YOURSELF that Sony and Polyphony have milked that fucking GT cow to the point of emaciation.

Over the course of all these Gran Turismo titles...what innovation have we been given? And no, Firewire...prettier cars is not innovation.

Prologue (and the coming 5 to drop in the spring) play exactly the same as the first Gran Turismo and only offer the tiniest changes to fend off the barking dogs.

"Oh, we're finally going to give you some car damage. Now shut the fuck up about it and buy our game again. We have shinier cars this time. See?"

Have you even played GT PSP? Tell me it innovates in even the smallest goddamn way. I've bought every damned one of their titles and it's enough already.

Turn 10 is actually bringing something new to the table and it pisses you off. You see Forza III and you want Polyphony to steal some of their ideas. Just admit it. At least owning up to it would show some glimmer, some tiny hope that your lost inner fanboy could somehow be saved.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Firewire said:
His statement was pretty obvious, I think.

Since GT5 is not out (or close to being out) it has no reviews.

Therefore every single game ever reviewed is currently receiving better reviews than GT5.

Anything > 0
Except for things lower than zero

Truespeed

Yoritomo said:
They could release it anytime I'm sure. They just have 45% left to go to complete it. I wonder how far along it was when they were talking about an 08 release.

Math ain't your strong suit, is it.

AMUSIX

You know what doesn't matter? This thread.

The thread was created just before TGS, in anticipation of the simultaneous release of the Forza 3 demo and a flood of GT information and media. When one of those things didn't happen, there was no point to this. When one team doesn't show up, the fans aren't supposed to stay in the stands to cheer for their sides...the game is forfeit, one team gets a W, the other gets an L, and everyone just goes home.

tirant

painful fart said:
Yeah, I remember that cock-pit view and 16 cars multiplayer didn´t matter either a while ago. I guess both sides are pretty bad. :lol

??? I remember pretty well ~half of forza fans were asking 60FPS for Forza2.

[Nintex]

In a few weeks I'll be sitting on my comfy couch. I'll insert the Forza 3 disk in my Xbox 360. Wait for it to install why I take a sip from my fine whiskey. "ah yes, me ol' chap, Forza 3 truely is a gents game". One of my friends just arrived in his automobile. I'll introduce to him the ways of Forza. We enter an online race and interact with incredible scholars, artists and gentleman such as ourselves. "Hmm, yes" one delighted racer says, "Forza 3 is a gents game, but certainly not F-Zero GX." "However I'm glad that this is a better experience than Gran Turismo 5 Prologue he adds." "The Xbox 360 might not be a high-class console, in fact it is quite ugly even though mine is completely covered in diamonds." "However, this game is truely aimed at gentleman such as ourselves, we thrive in the sheer subtle beauty of it all". "Gran Turismo may look better at some places but certainly does not play better and gamers with exquisite tastes such as we certainly can't be fooled by pretty pictures." "After all, everyone in this lobby knows that Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed is in every way superior to Need for Speed: Shift, ohh how I dare speak of that name!" The lobby of Gold Members agrees, one added: "Gran Turismo is like the cheap Chinese Dinner that you pick up for your employees on fridays, it tastes good but is nothing like a dish you must learn to eat before you truely appreciate it." "The rewind has me worried though", says one wealthy investor, however he cannot complain for it gives him more time to spend on his work. We say goodbye for we each part our own ways. I will leave and play Starcraft, once again a game not fit for the low-class peasants. The scholar has a Sega Saturn and a Panzer Dragoon to attend too and the investor is off to play on his silver Atari.

hc2

Interfectum said:
Photomode screens of Forza 3

As bad as it looks at least they don't black out the interiors in photomode as well :lol

It's going to be a long 6 months, isn't it? Is this a crusade? And will you purchase Forza 3 or play it at all?

senahorse

Are we sure he's not just a joke account? I can't for the life of me believe that someone is as genuinely pathetic as this. :lol

x3n05 said:
Are we sure he's not just a joke account? I can't for the life of me believe that someone is as genuinely pathetic as this. :lol

I might believe that if his output didn't require an actually significant amount of work. Scouring reviews for bad portions, finding especially poorly compressed photomode shots, cropping out headlights. It clearly takes a lot of dedication.

AnIco

Interfectum said:
Photomode screens of Forza 3

As bad as it looks at least they don't black out the interiors in photomode as well :lol
They're still darker than GT5P's gameplay mode.

qxw312.jpg[

It seems that forza 3's photomode is a joke, bad compression not just around the edges of colours but the entire thing looks like it's been flicked with dots of dirt, look even the forza logo in the corner is mucky. Terrible effort.

I think offscreen images from my 17' lcd tv will look better, I dread how the exported 720 wmv's will look...

This is the kind of stuff reviewers should look at also, it's quite a big part of forza to make unique looking car skins and showing them off and photomode imo is quite important.

You can blame MS for not allowing even big 1st party dev's from exporting images and video from their own games onto a usb storage device.

Top Bottom