• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
From the other topic ..

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21939315&postcount=210

forza 3
4122693610_a2676c9b91_o.jpg

gt5 standard
KCOCw.jpg

XiaNaphryz said:
Since Metalmurphy mentioned this thread elsewhere, is this a good time to revive this? :p

evolution said:
No you didn't just do this :lol

Since people kept bringing up Forza on the other thread I guess... But reviving it with nothing probably was a bad idea.

*edit* Oh there we go, chandoog got things started.

Time to leave

adamsapple

Better all the inevitable comparison stuff gets confined to this thread than spread around all over leading to countless bans :lol

adamsapple

XiaNaphryz said:
You mean Forza Kinect right?

Serious question. Has that been confirmed as a separate product?

Well there's not much to say Forza 3 cars look better than GT 5 standard cars but worst than there premium ones .

Forza 3's cars look better than 80% of GT5's cars then.

Honestly, do we need to bring up graphics again?

The differences between the two games are negligible. Both provide photo-realistic images when the game is running in replay/photo mode.

Personally I think we're starting to reach that glass ceiling with graphics on racing games. With forza 4 and gt6-hd or w/e they chose to release after 5, the focus on graphics will be almost non existent, and primarily reserved for fanboys, and gamers can finally start pushing for features as the deciding factor.

chandoog said:
Serious question. Has that been confirmed as a separate product?

No, it's only been said that some parts of that demo will appear in the next big Forza release coming out in 2011.

forzamotorsport.net said:
“Forza Motorsport Preview” is a select peek at one aspect of the future of the Forza Motorsport franchise, both in terms of the way Kinect has empowered Turn 10 to create a revolutionary way to interact with virtual cars, as well as the breathtaking foundation of a new graphics engine capable of producing the images seen in our E3 gallery. The next full Forza Motorsport experience, which utilizes some of the ideas presented in this demo, will ship in 2011.

nib95

Banned
chandoog said:
Forza 3's cars look better than 80% of GT5's cars then.

I wouldn't be so quick with that yet. There's no confirmation on whether all 'standard' models are using PS2 only assets. The word is a lot of them are improved. Add to that, not all models in Forza 3 are modeled to the same quality, and on top of that still, you have to consider GT5 will have 600+ more cars than Forza 3. So the 80% thing is a bit unfair. That said, GT5 has been in development for generations, so who knows lol...

nib95 said:
I wouldn't be so quick with that yet. There's no confirmation on whether all 'standard' models are using PS2 only assets. The word is a lot of them are improved. Add to that, not all models in Forza 3 are modeled to the same quality, and on top of that still, you have to consider GT5 will have 600+ more cars than Forza 3. So the 80% thing is a bit unfair. That said, GT5 has been in development for generations, so who knows lol...
It's chandoog, all he ever does is spin. I can't believe this thread was re-upped again. All the videos released look better than most other racers still. What is the competition here anyway? I am shocked though that after all this time, even if a doing everything from the ground up, that 80% of the cars aren't GT5 level.

Trickster

Wait, this topic isn't closed? A month or two ago I asked people in the GT5 topi, why the fuck all they were doing was talking about forza 3. They told me this topic had been closed :lol

XiaNaphryz said:
Petty my ass - when Forza vs GT crap starts up in other threads, this thread needs to be revived. :p
There was no need to bring up Forza in a GT thread anyway, I'm sure when we get direct feed screens it'll be a moot point.

nib95 said:

They are improved, but Forza 3 ones are still gonna look better.

Trickster

CrushDance said:
There was no need to bring up Forza in a GT thread anyway, I'm sure when we get direct feed screens it'll be a moot point.

Oh please, forza and gran turismo go hand in hand. Up towards the release of FM3, the trolling in the FM3 and GT5 topics got so bad they had to make this topic and threaten bans if you mentioned GT5 in the FM3 topic, and vice versa.

schennmu said:
:lol @ Chandoog eating this up

Read through this topic and you'll probably get an idea why it's so funny :p

regs

I played gt5 at e3 a few times today (3d is pretty cool actually), I drove the lexus is f, which is a car I actually own. I must say the gearing isn't accurate in either game but it's closer in forza 3. Oddly enough though the force feedback of the wheel felt so accurate on gt5.

In my opinion based on my limited play of gt5 forza 3 feels a little bit better but gt5 is no slouch at all and gt5 wins in the graphics department. I am actually very excited now for gt5 :)

Edit: Also, I think my opinion is also swayed a little bit towards forza because I've obviously have had MUCH more playtime with it than gt5.

Trickster said:
Oh please, forza and gran turismo go hand in hand. Up towards the release of FM3, the trolling in the FM3 and GT5 topics got so bad they had to make this topic and threaten bans if you mentioned GT5 in the FM3 topic, and vice versa.

Read through this topic and you'll probably get an idea why it's so funny :p
I don't even know what you're trying to say with this.

regs said:
I played gt5 at e3 a few times today (3d is pretty cool actually), I drove the lexus is f, which is a car I actually own. I must say the gearing isn't accurate in either game but it's closer in forza 3. Oddly enough though the force feedback of the wheel felt so accurate on gt5.

In my opinion based on my limited play of gt5 forza 3 feels a little bit better but gt5 is no slouch at all and gt5 wins in the graphics department. I am actually very excited now for gt5 :)

The first question would be what sort of physics and driving aids did you drive with and you should post in GT5 thread.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
gundamkyoukai said:
The first question would be what sort of physics and driving aids did you drive with and you should post in GT5 thread.
Also, what wheel does he usually use with Forza? Just to see if it's a 360 wheel or a Fanatec.

Trickster

CrushDance said:
I don't even know what you're trying to say with this.

You don't see the need to mention forza in a gt topic (true of course). But considering the fact you have 53 posts in this topic, I'm sure you are very well aware of the incredible amount of bad blood between these two games (and their fanboys).

It's just not realistic to expect a clean topic about GT5 if the talking point in that specific topic is about how basically 80% of the cars in the game is upscalled GT4 cars.

I seriously thought this thread had been locked.

I was scared to post in it, in fear that the mods were just going to wipe out any account that set foot in here. How could someone bump this!?

Chrange

Banned
DeadGzuz said:
Can anyone but the devs with a debug unit, who can see the wireframe, tell these various models apart?
So sad, people who used to be able to tell if a distant car in a Forza shot had 10 less polys are now nearly blind. Mom always said that too much would make you blind :lol

skyfinch

Chrange said:
So sad, people who used to be able to tell if a distant car in a Forza shot had 10 less polys are now nearly blind. Mom always said that too much would make you blind :lol

:lol It's a damn shame, really.

Animal

Banned
I want to participate but I also don't want to participate. Very conflicting.

I'm getting too old for this shit.

FrankT

Chrange said:

lulz

Woo-Fu

Banned
Why are we comparing the cars? It is the trees that are important, I want to see the latest GT5 trees lined up against Forza trees. Trees make the racing game, after all.

Stillmatic

So pretty much what we'd expect? F3 cars look better than GT5's filler PS2 copy/paste cars, and GT5 PS3 spec cars look better than F3's.

I am surprised by this.

Trickster

RSTEIN said:
Where is Interfectum now :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

God I remember reading his posts in this topic a month or so before I became a junior. Not being able to respond to his shit really pissed me off :lol

Chrange

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Since people kept bringing up Forza on the other thread I guess... But reviving it with nothing probably was a bad idea.

*edit* Oh there we go, chandoog got things started.

Time to leave
Weren't you one of fhe guys trying to downplay the Forza demo at E3? I'm pretty sure GT came up in that thread lol

You have a very inconsistent sense of anger about the cross-pollination in threads.

Top Bottom