• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Kyoufu

GT5 fans:
800-Running_with_the_Pack,_Wolves.jpg

Forza 3 fans:
baby_bunnies%5B1%5D.jpg

Kyoufu said:
GT5 fans:
800-Running_with_the_Pack,_Wolves.jpg

Forza 3 fans:
baby_bunnies%5B1%5D.jpg
:lol :lol

Although I'm a fan of both. I've played a ton of F3 and now it's being traded in for GT5. I'm actually glad that GT5 didn't release back when F3 did because there is no way I could have played 2 sim racers. They steal time from me.

Haunted

Oh hell yeah, it's back.

Then again, who wants to compare Man Furismo Jive to a game that's over a year old by the time it releases anyway. If Turn 10 hurries up maybe we can start a GT5 vs Forza 4 thread instead.

edit: aw fuck I didn't see Chrange's post. :lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Haunted said:
Oh hell yeah, it's back.

Then again, who wants to compare Man Furismo Jive to a game that's over a year old by the time it releases anyway. If Turn 10 hurries up maybe we can start a GT5 vs Forza 4 thread instead.
:p
Didn't stop people from comparing a game which wasn't out to a full game like Forza 3. It looked better then (GT5) and now.....well.......I say no more.

Haunted said:
Oh hell yeah, it's back.

:p

I'm going to assume PS3 only owners who haven't gotten a full GT since December of 2004. I can't blame them for being a pack of starving wolves trying to survive on any little morsel of info :lol

I can't wait for GT5

Haunted

LiquidMetal14 said:
Didn't stop people from comparing a game which wasn't out to a full game like Forza 3. It looked better then (GT5) and now.....well.......I say no more.
Dirt 3 looks better than Forza 3 anyway aw yeaah!

lunlunqq

Greenawalt before Forza 3 launch said:
Basically we’ve proven ourselves, that we can deliver a simulator no-one else can touch. For this version we made improvements but we’re actually running out of improvements to make because no-one else is doing the stuff we’re doing.

Yamauchi before GT5 launch said:
Many things didn’t make the cut in Gran Turismo 5, and work on Gran Turismo 6 has already begun.

sorta show the differences in the developer's attitudes.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
lunlunqq said:
sorta show the differences in the developer's attitudes.
It's true. Kaz is a racing/ car enthusiast and it shows. Never has he downright insulted his direct competition. At least not how T10 has. At this point, he is looking to perfect what a real racing experience (not just the actual game play) should be like. He's a perfectionist and it shows. I think we've seen that exhibited within PD for many years. They are as talented a developer as anyone in the industry.

With the GT3-4 transition, I think they did a lot but not quite what they really wanted. GT5 is the real evolution of the racing genre.

eso76

Someone (not me, i'm lazy) should do a nice SERIOUS feature comparison at this point.

Number of cars
Number of Tracks
Different Locations
Point to point
Cars on track
Damage
Weather
Night Racing
Customization
etc etc etc

Everything considered Forza has probably been slightly ahead of GT for years but at this point GT5 probably beats Forza 64-11.
I have no idea how is Turn 10 going to respond to this

Imagine the fan backlash if Yamauchi was the loudmouth and Greenawalt was the meeker of the two. A Sony braggart and a quiet underdog on the competing console, the backlash would be titanic.

Haunted

Man, just imagine Microsoft opts to not commission a fourth Forza game after Forza 3's lacklustre sales. We'd have seen the entire rise and fall of the Forza Motorsport series in the span between Gran Turismo 4 and Gran Turismo 5. :lol

flyinpiranha said:
I thought Forza 3 sold pretty well?
I never let facts get in the way of my fun.
2 million isn't bad.

Haunted said:
Man, just imagine Microsoft opts to not commission a fourth Forza game after Forza 3's lacklustre sales. We'd have seen the entire rise and fall of the Forza Motorsport series in the span between Gran Turismo 4 and Gran Turismo 5. :lol

I thought Forza 3 sold pretty well?

KingDizzi

Banned
Forza 3 sales were not GT level but 99% of games out there are like that, Forza 3 sold 2 million in no time and Che also said sales were good in NA and EU. Yeah Che but i ain't got any other source of Forza 3 sales so he will have to do. On top of that Forza 3 has been in the UK charts since most of it's release so yeah fingers crossed another Forza game is on the way.
Course it's on the way

Interfectum

Nah Forza 3 sold fine... it's a shame they completely botched the online implementation though. If there is a Forza 4, please go back to Forza 2 online MP please.

LQX

I loved Forza 3 but I hope MS allows them to sit on the next one a bit more so they can properly improve it especially the terrible bland graphics. After while I got so sick of looking at all the sunlight, roads and grass which all started to annoy me as it was all starting to look the same.

p3tran

Banned
hey, whats this about developer attitudes?

maybe some of you where not around when yamauchi was calling forza a "cheap multifunctional watch", right?

p3tran said:
hey, whats this about developer attitudes?

maybe some of you where not around when yamauchi was calling forza a "cheap multifunctional watch", right?

Straight off the bat, I think that in terms of feature sets, Forza is ahead of us. They have more options, you can do basically anything. We take a different approach obviously - we try to concentrate on what are the core values for a racing game, and we try to elevate those standards up as high as we possibly can. I am having difficulty trying to explain the differences, but one way you can look at it is, you can buy a watch that is super multifunctional, but economical, or a watch that is reduced in functions, but premium - higher end
That's what he said.
Not your falsification.:lol
You stood that one phrase on its head and even distorted it.

Firewire

Banned
chespace said:
Most video games?

I'm being serious. Out of curiosity what would you gauge it on? Did it have to perform a certain percentage better than Forza 2 in sales (like a 30% increase or something)? Did it have to reach a certain level for the return on investment?

Anything can be called a success or failure, it depends on how one chooses to look at it.

Firewire said:
This is arguable. What are you comparing it to?

... uh, ... videogames? Not the huge MW2 or Halo numbers, but I thought it did like 3m or so. Isn't that pretty damned good in videogame land or does it have to sell more than MW2 to be considered good?

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Firewire said:
I'm being serious. Out of curiosity what would you gauge it on? Did it have to perform a certain percentage better than Forza 2 in sales (like a 30% increase or something)? Did it have to reach a certain level for the return on investment?

Anything can be called a success or failure, it depends on how one chooses to look at it.

Yes, of course. This is a business. Forza 3 had to sell better than Forza 2, and it had to hit a certain level of ROI.

The game accomplished all of the above -- handily. It was a success for the franchise.

Hard to believe when you don't own an Xbox 360, I know.

p3tran

Banned
theignoramus said:
That's what he said.
Straight off the bat, I think that in terms of feature sets, Forza is ahead of us. They have more options, you can do basically anything. We take a different approach obviously - we try to concentrate on what are the core values for a racing game, and we try to elevate those standards up as high as we possibly can. I am having difficulty trying to explain the differences, but one way you can look at it is, you can buy a watch that is super multifunctional, but economical, or a watch that is reduced in functions, but premium - higher end
Not your falsification.:lol

one of us must have a reading problem :lol
he was answering a specific question about forza and features, many years ago.

Top Bottom