• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Gek54

In the next Top Gear, Jeremy and James set out to prove which carpet flys better. Meanwhile Richard shows how the Kinect air wheel is how we will all be flying our carpets in the near future.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Gek54 said:
In the next Top Gear, Jeremy and James set out to prove which carpet flys better. Meanwhile Richard shows how the Kinect air wheel is how we will all be flying our carpets in the near future.

Some say he's secretly Aladdin... who will take you on a magic carpet ride... around our test track... *shrug* ... All we know is he's called THE STIG!

find it funny that the Stig's garage pack has a car he hasn't driven.

Yet?

AndyD

aka andydumi
TheSeks said:
Some say he's secretly Aladdin... who will take you on a magic carpet ride... around our test track... *shrug* ... All we know is he's called THE STIG!

Yet?

:D

There are no new episodes until the spring right?

TheSeks

AndyD said:
:D

There are no new episodes until the spring right?

For the UK, I assume.... yeah.

But I don't know. I watch the show on BBC America where they butcher it and have a six-or seven month gap between the UK and US showings. BBCA finally got it through their skulls to show current/last seasons' tapes in America. :lol

Gek54

Some say that he lives in a lamp and that his body is covered in 3rd degree rug burns, but all we know is...

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
TheSeks said:

Yet?

Ever! (new stig will probably drive it next season though.)

AndyD

aka andydumi
brotkasten said:
I guess because you can only get the Top Gear content, if you buy the UC.

So far. It may very well come as separate DLC.

And the community manager apparently said the track is not coming anytime soon as its under time exclusivity with GT5.

AndyD said:
So far. It may very well come as separate DLC.

And the community manager apparently said the track is not coming anytime soon as its under exclusivity with GT5.
The track is more or less confirmed for forza 4 then going by that, I am not surprised to see turn10 jumping into the top gear wagon, wish they did it sooner though.

Firewire

Banned
spats said:
Why? Because they're getting new content?

Seems some are pissed. They think this should have been F3 DLC, they don't want to bother buying the collector's edition just to get these cars.

Chrange said:
Why would you be on the Forza forums in the first place? :lol

And why do you think the sites I visit are any of your business?

TheOddOne

Firewire said:
Seems some are pissed. They think this should have been F3 DLC, they don't want to bother buying the collector's edition just to get these cars.
I would bet that in a month its gonna be sold on XBL for 800.

Am I missing something here? Top Gear in GT5 is like the dusting of icing sugar on a 10 tiered wedding cake, it's nice but it's not going to make an inferior cake look any better.

Firewire

Banned
travisbickle said:
Am I missing something here? Top Gear in GT5 is like the dusting of icing sugar on a 10 tiered wedding cake, it's nice but it's not going to make an inferior cake look any better.

:lol

Ploid 3.0

They will appeal to Europe more with Top Gear brand. Think of it like having MJ on the cover of NBA Elite causing NBA 2k to skip a year.

Will this Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection fix any of the dodgy cockpit displays?
And isn't it just being released just to try and piss on Sony's parade? Nice to see Turn 10 are being grown up!

Slackbladder said:
Will this Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection fix any of the dodgy cockpit displays?
And isn't it just being released just to try and piss on Sony's parade? Nice to see Turn 10 are being grown up!

Don't buy it? Yep, they are totally forcing you into this.

lol It begins. I know a guy at work who's a big gamer and a racing (F1) fan. I asked him if he was GT5 and he said he didn't have a ps3 but he probably wouldn't get GT anyways because he thinks Froza 3 is so good. I'm the last person who should ever start a conversation about comparing racing games and I've never ever seen Froza but I said screw it and chimed in with 'Really? I didn't consider Forza 3 much of a racing sim' And that started this 20 minute retort about how awesome Froza is. So much fun to just start trouble like that.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Slackbladder said:

it wont piss on gt5s parade in europe, im 100% sure. lol

skyfinch

Slackbladder said:

Cry me a river. As if this release will make even a dent in GT5's sales.

TheSeks

brotkasten said:

Wow. Didn't know that fiasco. That sucks for the dude, esp. since he was being paid WAY less than the three presenters (granted, he's only on the segment for the test races and instructing the celebrities, but come on!).

Wonder what color Stig we're getting now. "Beige Stig?"

spats

TheSeks said:
Wow. Didn't know that fiasco. That sucks for the dude, esp. since he was being paid WAY less than the three presenters (granted, he's only on the segment for the test races and instructing the celebrities, but come on!).

Wonder what color Stig we're getting now. "Beige Stig?"

Burgundy.

spwolf

spats said:
Oh it'll still sprinkle. TG is a huge promotional tool.

yea, exclusive TG montage video vs TG test track, the STIG challenge and Top Gear show VOD. It might actually accurately show the difference between two products :D

J-Rzez

Slackbladder said:

Well, F3 is the definitive driving game I was told. And no, this won't piss on GT at all, unlike how GT5 and PD shit on FM3 and Turn 10. If Turn 10 can make a product in FM4 to compete with GT5, I'll be mightily impressed. But, they don't have the time, budget, nor talent to do so.

GT is still the "king" of the racers. People may like to dispute that with some other sims, but in the eyes of the majority, and in the automotive industry, GT is king. And GT5 is only going to reinforce that stance.

Senua

Gold Member
bilder26778xc4.jpg

hey guys remember when we saw this and all went holy shit then we played the demo and said wtf this looks terrible, good times..good times

Wazzim

Banned
Fender_Uk said:
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1828/bilder26778xc4.jpg[img]

hey guys remember when we saw this and all went holy shit then we played the demo and said wtf this looks terrible, good times..good times[/QUOTE]
Holy crap, [I]that's[/I] Forza 3 before it went cartoony?

Senua

Gold Member
that screen proves that you should never trust off screen shots, they can make games look a hell of a lot better than they actually are

Top Bottom