• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Wazzim

Banned
Fender_Uk said:
that screen proves that you should never trust off screen shots, they can make games look a hell of a lot better than they actually are
It sure does, it looks loads better than direct feed FM2.

Fender_Uk said:
that screen proves that you should never trust off screen shots, they can make games look a hell of a lot better than they actually are

I always find a good offscreen shot to be a better indicator of what the game will look like playing about 8 feet from my TV. It's not like I play with my face up against the screen to see all the imperfections.

Senua

Gold Member
yea the texture is fine in the game but as we all know the lighting and aliasing are both pretty bad in forza 2, but in the pic the lighting looks great and you dont really notice any aliasing

Having seen the leaked car list from GT5, I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of premium Lamborghinis and Ferraris. There are also no signs Premium RUFs or Gumperts and Koenigseggs.

I think I might switch to Forza. Forza offers a better selection of cars with cockpits.

drifter444 said:
Having seen the leaked car list from GT5, I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of premium Lamborghinis and Ferraris. There are also no signs Premium RUFs or Gumperts and Koenigseggs.

I think I might switch to Forza. Forza offers a better select of cars with cockpits.
So you waited until now to decide whether to play F3 or GT5?:lol

drifter444 said:

I think I might switch to Forza. Forza offers a better select of cars with cockpits.

You're better off waiting for Forza 4 at this time.

jett

D-Member
drifter444 said:

Every Ferrari is premium, and there's like a dozen of them, or more. Lambos are a disappointment indeed. :|

edit: didn't realize I posted in this thread

I searched this thread and I thought it was too quiet after the whole GT5 overblown new material, so I thought it would be nice to get the final comparison started, let's do this:

5194362861_cb5a8fe5e6_o.jpg

mQstR.jpg

I'm doing it right? :lol

Before you jump to my neck:1) I'm joking 2) Isn't this thread for keep the nasty things here?maybe we can keep the GT5 safe...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
1 car rendered versus 6. Surely, Forza 3 is the superior game.

Did you really have to bump this shit?

Can the digital dial be changed to an analog pin in gt5? the bar annoys me after a while. I use to use it sometimes in forza 2 but nothing beats the trusty red pin.

TheSeks said:

Now that both games are actually out in theory this thread should become much more fair and interesting, but it won't :p

TheSeks said:

This thread functions to keep the shit right here...so why not. Even Kagari asked to use the thread to keep any shitty comparissons off of the GT5 OT, so seems like the right place.

Atomski said:
GT5's hud is awful and you can't even turn it off.

GT hud's always have been pretty bad, but this takes the cake...I really like FM3 hud, really slick...one of the few thing we know is truly superior...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
SuperÑ said:
Did they finally change the drifting sound in GT5?
Not sure, there are tons of videos out there now and surely more to come. I'm not trying to watch everything before the game comes out.

SuperÑ said:
Did they finally change the drifting sound in GT5?

GT has always been weak in the sound department. It was better in GTP but still weak.

Only audio though. I would be pissed if Uncharted 3 sounded like crap but a racing? nah

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I just whacked Forza 2 in to see how it aged and done a few laps of Maple Valley and honestly that track is just stunning, the trees are amazing, Forza although not as graphically impressive doesn't seem to have that 'photo wrap' look to the environment, I think I prefer the style of the environmental modelling to an extent in Forza, but most definitely prefer the Prologue and Premium cars in GT.

theignoramus said:
Forza 3 obviously.
(a re-up for memory's sake)
:lol

[]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb127/XSamu/forza3.png[/IMG]

[]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb127/XSamu/gt5.png[/IMG]

Good times. It was amazing how that ended up on "some" websites...

I love it how he calls bad geometry "High detail selfshadows"

mil6es

nooooo why did you resurrect the beast??

EDIT: just realised the irony of my post contributing to its resurrection :lol

Ashes

Banned
lowrider007 said:
I just whacked Forza 2 in to see how it aged and done a few laps of Maple Valley and honestly that track is just stunning, the trees are amazing, Forza although not as graphically impressive doesn't seem have that 'photo wrap' look to the environment, I think I prefer the style of environmental modelling to an extent in Forza, but most definitely prefer the Prologue and Premium cars in GT.

The special stage sections of Gt5 seem to challange that though. Should be an interesting thread, if anything.

mil6es said:
nooooo why did you resurrect the beast??

EDIT: just realised the irony of my post contributing to its resurrection :lol

Eh, the thread is finally fulfilling its purpose.

Trolls posted in the GT5 official topic, people bitched. Trolls posted in the GT5 photo thread, people bitched.

This very thread is the only thing that can keep the sand out of the GT5 defence force's crack, so let it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I NEED SCISSORS said:
Eh, the thread is finally fulfilling its purpose.

Trolls posted in the GT5 official topic, people bitched. Trolls posted in the GT5 photo thread, people bitched.

This very thread is the only thing that can keep the sand out of the GT5 defence force's crack, so let it.
I forget, are we counting any legitimate criticism as trolling these days, or is there no such thing as legitimate when it comes to certain games on GAF? Is this thread the equivalent of that Lost thread over on OT? :lol

XiaNaphryz said:
I forget, are we counting any legitimate criticism as trolling these days, or is there no such thing as legitimate when it comes to certain games on GAF? Is this thread the equivalent of that Lost thread over on OT? :lol

I actually considered labelling them as critics, but I decided I had to keep things balanced considering I bashed the GT5 defence force.

drifter444 said:

I think I might switch to Forza. Forza offers a better selection of cars with cockpits.

I agree that not having premium RUFs is a fucking crime. What were they thinking??? "Oh we don't have Porsche, so lets just use the same old RUFs again and make them NOT premium." It's disappointing but tech/license issues might have been a problem. (e.g. not having detailed info on old RUF car interiors, etc.)

Switching to Forza though? Traded that game in ages ago, NFS: Shift is superior in my book...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Relaxed Muscle said:
I searched this thread and I thought it was too quiet after the whole GT5 overblown new material, so I thought it would be nice to get the final comparison started, let's do this:

holy shit, that shot looks awful! :lol

gt5 is soooooo very inconsistent.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Forza 3 suffers from similar inconsistencies IMO.

Some tracks and cars look stunning. Others.. not so much.

I guess it just isn't possible to create games with this much content and have it all at such a high standard.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Forza bullshots look like this:

gt1compareA.jpg

And GT5 bullshots look like this:

gt1compareB.jpg

Forza 3 Bullshots<<<<<<<<<<GT5 Bullshots

muhahahahahaha

Relaxed Muscle said:

http://i.imgur.com/mQstR.jpg[/IM]

I'm doing it right? :lol

[spoiler]Before you jump to my neck:1) I'm joking 2) Isn't this thread for keep the nasty things here?maybe we can keep the GT5 safe...[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
I'm sorry, fellow GT5 owners (and future owners), but this shit right here? atrocious. they can kiss my ass for spending 6 years on the product and giving us trees that look like this. WTF. :lol

[QUOTE=chubigans]Forza bullshots look like this:

[IMG]http://www.vertigogaming.net/HUD/gt1compareA.jpg

And GT5 bullshots look like this:

gt1compareB.jpg

Forza 3 Bullshots<<<<<<<<<<GT5 Bullshots

muhahahahahaha
oh yea. superior lighting and modeling is clearly superior. :D

Dreams-Visions said:
I'm sorry, fellow GT5 owners (and future owners), but this shit right here? atrocious. they can kiss my ass for spending 6 years on the product and giving us trees that look like this. WTF. :lol

Poor us...

-viper-

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:

oh yea. superior lighting is clearly superior. :D
As I said in the other thread.. Fuck it. It is what it is. Fucking trees, man. The plants. Fuck it.

m0dus

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Shockingly che makes an appearance when a less flattery shot of GT5 appears. Totally didn't see that one coming. :lol

Considering this thread is, at times, host to the absolute lowest common denominator in terms of discussions, what you cite above is tame at best.

As I was readying my racing setup for gt, I could not help but reflect upon the fact that forza 3 came out in October of last year. While comparisons will still be made, I don't think belaboring the lack of parity between sims that are now a full dev cycle apart really gets the old vitriol going like it used to. Still, will watch thread closely. until the 24th.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Dreams-Visions said:
livefromkotaku.jpg

-viper- said:
As I said in the other thread.. Fuck it. It is what it is. Fucking trees, man. The plants. Fuck it.
:lol :lol :lol

that's what I'm going to do. fortunately, racing games are not played in frozen frames. it's still funny as hell to me, though.

kanye_shrug.jpg

Top Bottom