• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

MrPliskin said:
It's absurd in this instance because most of these "petrolheads" (yes, its in quotes for a reasons) are only interested in loud throaty cars, even if 80% of the time in Forza its considerably over exaggerated.

They're not looking for accuracy, they're just looking for "oh man this sounds nice!" These wacko's would probably race in a Suzuki Cappucino if it had a deep throaty sound. :lol

If GT5 could actually kill you if you crashed, I would bet most of the GT5 supporters here would kill themselves just to prove to the Forza fanboys that their game was more realistic.

just tray

Banned
played a little GT5. Some parts looked impressive, others like shit. It just suffers from the curse of non western studios being out of touch with a western audience. A problem that Forza 3 does not have.

At least its not as much of a letdown as Final Fantasy 13

If you have a 360,buy Forza 3
If you have a PS3 buy Gt5
If you can buy both.

Personally I am having more fun with Hot Pursuit.

tengiants

XiaNaphryz said:
Let me guess, you've never used a Fanatec wheel?

This thread. :lol

Just Dance championship confirmed!

Nope, I've already paid $250 for the logitech g25 that I play iRacing, Shift, and rFactor on (all of these shit on the 720p resolution of Forza in terms of graphics BTW) and I refuse to shell out another $300 for wheel support on ONE game. Microsoft shit on their target audience of sim racers by not allowing them to use their wheels they have already purchased. If sim racers are not the target audience, then it is surely not a sim, and this whole comparison thread is a fucking joke. Oh that's exactly what it is ?! :lol

seattle6418 said:
In sports, championships speak for itself, and in the gaming world, sales will tell us exactly which one the general public likes it better.

Not an accurate analogy.

In sports, how well you play determines if you win -- not how many tickets you sell, or how much profit you make.

Sales do not equal quality. Unless you're saying Guitar Hero is better than Rock Band, etc.

That's not to say that review scores prove that GT5 < FM3; but sales certainly won't prove the converse.

saladine1

chubigans said:
Bwahaha :lol

GT5 is not the game for you, my friend. Not the game for you at all.

Exactly. Picking a car based on the way it sounds before a race is just all kinds of absurd.
You have to give up and admit mate. GT has lost it's way no matter which way you look at it.
I've been waiting for so damn long for it to come along and when it finally does...well you know how I feel. So yeah you're probably right...GT5 is not a game for me unfortunately.

With reagrds to engine and exhaust sounds. Would you like to drive a Chevy Camaro that sounds like a muted Dyson?
How about a Ferrari 330 P4 that sounds like lawn mower?
C'mon, sounds are an integral part to a good racer that portrays teh vehicles' soul. Give me Pole Position graphics but raw, unadulterated sound effects and i'll be in sound byte heaven!

MrPliskin

Banned
Ogrekiller said:
If GT5 could actually kill you if you crashed, I would bet most of the GT5 supporters here would kill themselves just to prove to the Forza fanboys that their game was more realistic.

Who said anything about realism one way or the other? I simply stated that the sound in Forza is greatly exaggerated against its real life counter parts almost all of the time. I didn't say anything comparatively to any other game.

I simply said the people who enjoyed the sound in Forza aren't necessarily looking for accuracy, otherwise they wouldn't have enjoyed the sound in Forza.

Case in point:

saladine1 said:
You have to give up and admit mate. GT has lost it's way no matter which way you look at it.
I've been waiting for so damn long for it to come along and when it finally does...well you know how I feel. So yeah you're probably right...GT5 is not a game for me unfortunately.

With reagrds to engine and exhaust sounds. Would you like to drive a Chevy Camaro that sounds like a muted Dyson?
How about a Ferrari 330 P4 that sounds like lawn mower?
C'mon, sounds are an integral part to a good racer that portrays teh vehicles' soul. Give me Pole Position graphics but raw, unadulterated sound effects and i'll be in sound byte heaven!

Wacky make believe car enthusiast exaggerating the truth.

I am no expert on car sims. The only series I have ever played somewhat consistently is GT though the last one before 5 was GT4. Before F3 came out I thought all the features sounded like something I would really like. The rewind feature customization and such. When I got it though I spent probably 2 days playing it and my excitement just faded away. The whole game just felt more kid friendly if thats even a criticism. I was afraid it was just that I was over racing sims but GT5 and the insane obsession it has created in me speaks otherwise. There are things I like about F3 but it just doesn't feel nearly as compelling as the GT series.
Like someone else mentioned comparing the graphics between the two is not even necessary. F3 looks like a every car is painted in candy. All the cars have almost plastic look to them. GT definitely is inconsistent but when your racing I swear sometimes it looks like real life. Anyway those are my 02. Comparing the two of them feels like Halo and KZ. Sure KZ does stuff I think is great and fresh but its not even in the same league as Halo.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
tengiants said:
and I refuse to shell out another $300 for wheel support on ONE game
I would see it as upgrading to a better wheel option, and if 360 support isn't really that big a deal to you I'd have gone with a different Fanatec option than the 911 TS. I'd be willing to pay that much solely to get support for the clubsport pedals for the console side as they can only be used on the G25 for PC titles. The clubsports are a really really awesome option for their price point.

tengiants

XiaNaphryz said:
I would see it as upgrading to a better wheel option, and if 360 support isn't really that big a deal to you I'd have gone with a different Fanatec option than the 911 TS. I'd be willing to pay that much solely to get support for the clubsport pedals for the console side as they can only be used on the G25 for PC titles. The clubsports are a really really awesome option for their price point.

I would love to give Forza a shot with a good wheel. Is the Fanatec 911 TS compatible with GT5? If it is, I just may upgrade to the 'better' option.

Nafai1123

Banned
11liftj.jpg

saladine1

MrPliskin said:
Who said anything about realism one way or the other? I simply stated that the sound in Forza is greatly exaggerated against its real life counter parts almost all of the time. I didn't say anything comparatively to any other game.

I simply said the people who enjoyed the sound in Forza aren't necessarily looking for accuracy, otherwise they wouldn't have enjoyed the sound in Forza.
So called accuracy just doesn't cut it i'm afraid when it comes to games...as we've seen in GT5.
Just recording the sounds in stationary vehicles while revving, then chucking them in the game will not produce the desired effect properley. The car must be under load to catch all nuances from engine,trans,boost,spool,BOV,charger,high RPM's,low RPM's etc....just ask EA's NFS teams and Slightly Mad,and Turn 10 and Bizzare Creation and and...and.
The in game sounds NEED to be beefed up a little for them not only to sound accurate but also interestingly,orgasmically, ear drum explodingly awseome!!!!

shinnn

theignoramus said:
Intolerable like a permanent active steering aid?
Much more.. since I've heard this steering complaining shit like from 4 or 5 anonymous people on the internetz. Nothing like the GT5 sounds criticism from various professional reviewers.

XiaNaphryz

tengiants said:
I would love to give Forza a shot with a good wheel. Is the Fanatec 911 TS compatible with GT5? If it is, I just may upgrade to the 'better' option.
It's supposed to be, along with the 911 Carrera and 911 GT3 RS V2 wheels (though those aren't 360 compatible). Rumor has it that Fanatec will be making a new wheel that will also be 360 compatible.

I hope to check out GT5 on the 911 TS for myself when I get back home from the Thanksgiving break.

sholmes

Neo Member
RedRedSuit said:
Not an accurate analogy.

In sports, how well you play determines if you win -- not how many tickets you sell, or how much profit you make.

Sales do not equal quality. Unless you're saying Guitar Hero is better than Rock Band, etc.

That's not to say that review scores prove that GT5 < FM3; but sales certainly won't prove the converse.

I thought I recognized your posting style...

MrPliskin

Banned
saladine1 said:
So called accuracy just doesn't cut it i'm afraid when it comes to games...as we've seen in GT5.
Just recording the sounds in stationary vehicles while revving, then chucking them in the game will not produce the desired effect properley. The car must be under load to catch all nuances from engine,trans,boost,spool,BOV,charger,high RPM's,low RPM's etc....just ask EA's NFS teams and Slightly Mad,and Turn 10 and Bizzare Creation and and...and.
The in game sounds NEED to be beefed up a little for them not only to sound accurate but also interestingly,orgasmically, ear drum explodingly awseome!!!!

Yea, you still don't know what you're talking about. I hate to be insulting, but you're just terribly off the mark.

Again, none of the said games you listed, nor GT, have accurate sounds. They're either entirely too exaggerated, or they're using simulations to recreate the proper exhaust notes.

That said, clamoring for "better sound" in either game, or comparing on to the other and saying one is more realistic, is absolutely absurd. Like wise, claiming that any of them sound like lawn mowers is equally absurd (and telling).

skyfinch

watership said:
Forza games are usually 2 years apart, and announced 'officially' 6 months before release. We might see a new Forza in Oct 2011.

It was confirmed during their 2010 E3 conference. However, no one knows if it will be Forza 4 or Forza Super Fun Happy Edition.

LCfiner said:
they’re low res if you focus on them and have a big enough screen (or sit close enough to a medium sized one) to notice.

I like the rain effects but I’ve sen spots where the illusion disappears due to the low res effects on the windshield. some people may find it fugly.

There's really no way to make the windshield effects high res on the PS3. The system is already pushed to the max and transparencies (such as the windshield rain effect) absolutely DESTROY performance on the PS3.

tengiants

XiaNaphryz said:
It's supposed to be, along with the 911 Carrera and 911 GT3 RS V2 wheels (though those aren't 360 compatible). Rumor has it that Fanatec will be making a new wheel that will also be 360 compatible.

I hope to check out GT5 on the 911 TS for myself when I get back home from the Thanksgiving break.

Thanks. I am officially interested in this wheel now!

jedimike

MrPliskin said:
It's absurd in this instance because most of these "petrolheads" (yes, its in quotes for a reasons) are only interested in loud throaty cars, even if 80% of the time in Forza its considerably over exaggerated.

They're not looking for accuracy, they're just looking for "oh man this sounds nice!" These wacko's would probably race in a Suzuki Cappucino if it had a deep throaty sound. :lol

I gree with you about picking cars based on sound but I disagree with you on Forza's sound accuracy. They certainly went through every effort to give accurate sound representations in the game.

http://jalopnik.com/5478591/inside-forza-motorsport-part-ii-making-the-cars-sound-awesome

The article really details how complicated it is to get the little sound details from each car. Although it may not be 100% accurate, people need to realize no game can possible ever get 100% accurate sounds. Forza is likely as close as we can expect.

LCfiner

Lagspike_exe said:
There's really no way to make the windshield effects high res on the PS3. The system is already pushed to the max and transparencies (such as the windshield rain effect) absolutely DESTROY performance on the PS3.

yeah, I’m aware of that. just explaining how someone could, in theory, find the weather effects very underwhelming in the game on their HD set when compared to 360p youtube videos and those godly gifs.

Arnie

After further play today, I would say I marginally prefer the physics of GT5 to F3 in all honesty. Sometimes in Forza, even with all assists off I would on some occasions get the feeling that the game wasn't entirely accurate. With GT5 I consistently get a realistic sense of the cars handling that stays true to my own perceptions of how they would feel in real life, being a driver myself. This is a major coup by PD because I thought Prologue's physics were terrible in comparison to Forza 3(A game which to this day I still love).

Sound-wise there is absolutely no contest. GT5s sound is pretty weak, with your typical hoovers, lawn mowers and microwaves in full effect, not to mention the horrendous tyre squeal. Forza sounded great, anyone who debates otherwise gets a suspicious look from me, because objectively I don't know how you could class GT's sound design over Forza's. I'm not talking about music here, because that is a category GT5 would win hands down.

In terms of visuals, GT5 definitely has greater highs, but drastically (perhaps because of the contrast) deeper lows compared to Forza which manages to maintain a fairly consistent, if a little cartoony, style. I'm glad T10 have acknowledged the need for a much greater lighting engine if they wish to match PD in the visual department.

Finally career progression. I wasn't the biggest fan of Forza 3's career, sometimes I would commit to a race after purchasing a certain car, only to realise I was either woefully outmatched or the car was pretty terrible in the handling department, at this point I couldn't choose another event, I was pigeonholed. Saying that the level progression, and 3 way system of choosing new tracks, cars or events really hit a sweet spot. GT on the other hand feels a little rigid in comparison, with the classic license tests and B-spec/A-spec events, I probably prefer Forza's. One thing I will say is though, the best thing about GT5's GT Mode is the special events which are hilarious. Driving VW buses around The Top Gear Test track is the sort of light hearted twist you just don't get with Forza, and shows a real passion for motor racing in general.

jedimike

a176 said:
I really think these games don't look that much better than PGR3 did 5 years ago.

On a subjective level, I tend to agree with you. People like to dismiss the statement of "diminishing returns" but there's a reason this cycle of consoles is going to be extra long... simply upgrading the console hardware will not give us better looking games.

Now if you were to objectively examine the graphics, I'm sure there are plenty of technical improvements that have happened since PGR3.

XiaNaphryz said:

I have the Fantaec GT3 RS; I believe our wheels are essentially similar. GT5 and the wheel pair very well. Each car has a different feel. If you have the clubsport pedals, the brake vibration also functions (unlike F1 2010). FFB and such is great. I don't know who to praise, PD or Fanatec, but it's very good. I haven't tried a wheel with Forza (only a controller), so I can't draw a comparison between how well each pairs with the Fanatec. I'd imagine given the cross-promotion last year with Forza 3, that MS and Fanatec ensured it controls fantastically. If I had been paying attention, I would have gone for the Turbo S wheel so as to get full cross-sompatability; by the time I stopped dithering on purchasing a quality wheel set it was sold out. Impatience drove me to the GT3 RS. If Thomas does release a new cross-compatible wheel set, I'll probably sell the GT3 RS and get it. Fanatec is worth it 'cause it's just that good.

When you do get a chance to try GT5 with your Porsche wheel, be sure to adjust the sensitivity high (~750 to a full 900), linearity low (~0 or 10), and add in some deadzone (~10 to 20). Personal preferences aside, definitely add in deadzone as otherwise the wheel will see-saw like crazy at mid to high FFB. Seems that this is an issue, of-sorts, with GT5 as I've read Forza 3 has no such issues.

Thomas also confirmed that Fanatec is coming out with a new all-in-one H-pattern/sequential shifter next year. He hasn't confirmed, but seems like $99 for all or mostly metal construction.

No matter if you like Forza or GT better (or both 'cause they're equally great), Fanatec is the wheel to get.

XiaNaphryz

wonderkins said:
I have the Fantaec GT3 RS; I believe our wheels are essentially similar. GT5 and the wheel pair very well. Each car has a different feel. If you have the clubsport pedals, the brake vibration also functions (unlike F1 2010). FFB and such is great. I don't know who to praise, PD or Fanatec, but it's very good. I haven't tried a wheel with Forza (only a controller), so I can't draw a comparison between how well each pairs with the Fanatec. I'd imagine given the cross-promotion last year with Forza 3, that MS and Fanatec ensured it controls fantastically. If I had been paying attention, I would have gone for the Turbo S wheel so as to get full cross-sompatability; by the time I stopped dithering on purchasing a quality wheel set it was sold out. Impatience drove me to the GT3 RS. If Thomas does release a new cross-compatible wheel set, I'll probably sell the GT3 RS and get it. Fanatec is worth it 'cause it's just that good.

When you do get a chance to try GT5 with your Porsche wheel, be sure to adjust the sensitivity high (~750 to a full 900), linearity low (~0 or 10), and add in some deadzone (~10 to 20). Personal preferences aside, definitely add in deadzone as otherwise the wheel will see-saw like crazy at mid to high FFB. Seems that this is an issue, of-sorts, with GT5 as I've read Forza 3 has no such issues.

Thomas also confirmed that Fanatec is coming out with a new all-in-one H-pattern/sequential shifter next year. He hasn't confirmed, but seems like $99 for all or mostly metal construction.

No matter if you like Forza or GT better (or both 'cause they're equally great), Fanatec is the wheel to get.
Yeah, can't wait for the clubsport shifter. The stock one isn't too great without some modification.

mil6es

Arnie said:
After further play today, I would say I marginally prefer the physics of GT5 to F3 in all honesty. Sometimes in Forza, even with all assists off I would on some occasions get the feeling that the game wasn't entirely accurate. With GT5 I consistently get a realistic sense of the cars handling that stays true to my own perceptions of how they would feel in real life, being a driver myself. This is a major coup by PD because I thought Prologue's physics were terrible in comparison to Forza 3(A game which to this day I still love).

Sound-wise there is absolutely no contest. GT5s sound is pretty weak, with your typical hoovers, lawn mowers and microwaves in full effect, not to mention the horrendous tyre squeal. Forza sounded great, anyone who debates otherwise gets a suspicious look from me, because objectively I don't know how you could class GT's sound design over Forza's. I'm not talking about music here, because that is a category GT5 would win hands down.

In terms of visuals, GT5 definitely has greater highs, but drastically (perhaps because of the contrast) deeper lows compared to Forza which manages to maintain a fairly consistent, if a little cartoony, style. I'm glad T10 have acknowledged the need for a much greater lighting engine if they wish to match PD in the visual department.

Finally career progression. I wasn't the biggest fan of Forza 3's career, sometimes I would commit to a race after purchasing a certain car, only to realise I was either woefully outmatched or the car was pretty terrible in the handling department, at this point I couldn't choose another event, I was pigeonholed. Saying that the level progression, and 3 way system of choosing new tracks, cars or events really hit a sweet spot. GT on the other hand feels a little rigid in comparison, with the classic license tests and B-spec/A-spec events, I probably prefer Forza's. One thing I will say is though, the best thing about GT5's GT Mode is the special events which are hilarious. Driving VW buses around The Top Gear Test track is the sort of light hearted twist you just don't get with Forza, and shows a real passion for motor racing in general.

quoted because it speaks to so much of my views

Rad- said:
I'm betting next gen. Unless Forza Kinect is also Forza 4 though I doubt it because they didn't announce it as "Forza 4".

There's no Forza Kinect, it was clearly said that what was shown at E3 were just special Kinect modes. The next proper Forza is coming next fall, unless it's delayed, which is doubtful. Turn 10 reorganized before the development of FM3 specifically so that there would be no more delays like the one that happened with FM2.

Insertia said:
Gosh, this thread brings out the insecure.

:lol

I have zero desire to participate in this ridiculous pissing content, but did the incredible irony of that post really escape you?

kashwashwa

Neo Member
The sounds in F3 are absolutely not over-exaggerated... Forza 2 did have some, but you're kind of just proving your ignorance by stating lies.

Ploid 3.0

Metalmurphy said:
So now the only good thing in GT5 is the Photo Mode :lol

This thread is funny to read now that I'm not waiting on GT, now my AI is being challenged so I can't really let him do all the work while I browse.

XiaNaphryz said:
Yeah, can't wait for the clubsport shifter. The stock one isn't too great without some modification.
Watching the insidesimracing videos, it looks ok. I've heard, though, as you're confirming, that modified it gets better. Hopefully the coming iteration is great from the start.

Really wish I hadn't waited on purchasing the Turbo S. But Forza 3 controls so well with a controller (or conversely, the 360 controller models car input in a way my brain and fingers accept), that I didn't feel the pressure until GT5 finally (...finally...) was given a proper release date. Ugh.

FStop7

Banned
Chinner said:
does gt5/forza 3 have:
green shells
dinosaurs driving vehicles
monkeys driving vehicles
wicked jumps
realistic drifting
happy stuff (visuals/music will make you happy)
fun gameplay
minorities

needs more sparkle font! :lol

The more I play GT5 the more I see where PD spent their time - physics/driving feel, photomode, and painstakingly modeling the premium cars. Those 3 aspects of GT5 are incredible. But it comes at the cost of sub par sound effects, visual quality of the track environments, etc. The standard cars look pretty good until you're zoomed in as close as possible. They go from being fairly smooth looking to suddenly being those jaggy messes we see screencaps of.

Something else that really dings GT5 is, yet again, the lack of a Porsche license. After all of these years, seriously? RUF is no substitute, either. The Porsche name is synonymous with racing and the lack of their cars in GT5 is pretty bad.

The physics/driving feel is what has me hooked on GT5. It just feels "right" to me, more so than Forza 3.

Ashes

Banned
saladine1 said:
So when will we see Forza Motorsport 4?
Honestly, I've been playing GT5 for days now and while I've sort of enjoyed it so far, I must admit, everytime I want to customize the car whether it be visual or upgrades, I glance towards the Xbox and FM3 and think.."Should I..?".
Everytime I fuck up in a race I instinctly start pressing the select button for some rewind loving only to find my view change.
Everytime I navigate a screen I think " Do I have time to make a cuppa..?"
Everytime I want to buy a new or used car I tend to find one with the best sounds to begin with because I don't want to hear a hoover for the next round of races.
etc....etc....

It certainly has been a disappointment thus far and I honestly wish it wasn't. GT is the reason I fell in love with racers and has been my favourite franchise for a long time until Forza Motorsport came along. I feel for PD having worked so long and hard on the game only to have it fall short of expectations for many.

Anyway, the PS3 will be packed up and stored away shortly so I can start on a new career for the 3rd time in FM3.
I hope we get to see and hear some new info regarding FM4 very soon.

I was going to stay out of this thread but damn this silly. It works for every other game ever but it's still very silly, and just shows how much you like fm more than anything. I'd be very surprised if anyone actually thought like this during gameplay. Maybe afterwards sure, when writing something on neogaf, but during the game?
e.g.
Oh I was playing mario galaxy, then I looked at lbp, and thought, I wish I could make this level there...
Oh I was playing Halo 3, but then I thought, I wish I could control this with a mouse on pc.
Oh I was playing uncharted 2, but then I thought, I wish Miyamoto designed some of the gameplay...

All of the issues you've highlighted are superficial just so that you can praise forza. You are reaching if anything... :p

Let me try this. But imagining that gt5 came out last year and forza 3 coming out now.

oh *swoon* when will we see GT6?
Honestly, I've been playing Forza for days now and while I've sort of enjoyed it so far, I must admit, everytime I want to drive in the rain or at night, I glance towards the ps3 and gt5 and think.."Should I..?".
Everytime I go for a drive, I think about how to navigate a corner, and I think why doesn't this feel like...
Everytime I navigate a screen I think " Do I have time to make a cuppa..?
Everytime I want to go online...I can't cause I have to get xb live...
Everytime I want to buy a car, why is there no go kart mode? or do this race, why is there no top gear track? just vids? or that race... why is there no special rac- it's just not GT.

It certainly has been a disappointment thus far and I honestly wish it wasn't. Forza has been the best sim this generation until Gt5 came along. I feel for Turn 10 having worked so long and hard on the game only to have it fall short of expectations for many.

Anyway, the x360 will be packed up and stored away shortly so I can just boot up gt5 and just go for a drive in a formula one car.
I hope we get to see and hear some new info regarding GT6 very soon.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Arnie said:

Thank you. You and about three other posters have actually provided fair and balanced analysis.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Updated:

29ntnd5.jpg

Reviews
Game Rankings
Forza 3: 92%
GT5: 88%

Meta Critic
Forza 3: 92%
GT5: 86%

Head-to-Head Comparisons

NowGamer: Forza 3
Feature for feature, it seems the winner is Forza 3, with more in-depth damage and tuning features that will be perfect for petrolheads around the world. Now, however, the two seem to cover their own bases, with Forza Motorsport covering all things mechanical, and Gran Turismo 5 simply celebrating the pure, unadulterated love of cars. The choice, it seems, is yours.

4Players: Forza 3

Jalopnik: Forza 3
So what's the verdict? Three days in — and with many more days left to go — I have to say that while Gran Turismo 5's driving dynamics are better than any other racing game on the market, Forza Motorsport 3's nipping closely at its heels*. And given some of the latter's better (and more clearly labeled) vehicular upgrade options, smoother interaction with AI vehicles, and GT5's installation "challenges" (like a 133 MB required update to make multiplayer mode somewhat usable), Forza Motorsport 3 provides a much more compelling option for a car enthusiast looking to jump into a realistic and entertaining video racing game.

Technical Analysis
Originally Posted by Lens of Truth said:
Our analyzer recorded that Forza 3 had a much more stable frame rate throughout. As seen in the video, it’s clear that Gran Turismo 5 was having difficulties maintaining it’s projected 60 FPS, while Forza 3 was locked at a perfect 60 FPS throughout. In addition to the fluctuating frame rate, Gran Turismo 5 screen tore 20% more than Forza 3 did.

Physics[No analysis performed yet]

Please point to any more that you find.

Ashes1396 said:
I was going to stay out of this thread but damn this silly. It works for every other game ever but it's still very silly, and just shows how much you like fm more than anything. I'd be very surprised if anyone actually thought like this during gameplay. Maybe afterwards sure, when writing something on neogaf, but during the game?
e.g.
Oh I was playing mario galaxy, then I looked at lbp, and thought, I wish I could make this level there...
Oh I was playing Halo 3, but then I thought, I wish I could control this with a mouse on pc.
Oh I was playing uncharted 2, but then I thought, I wish Miyamoto designed some the gameplay...

All of the issues you've highlighted are superficial just so that you can praise forza. You are reaching if anything... :p

Let me try this. But imagining that gt5 came out last year and forza 3 coming out now.

oh *swoon* when will we see GT6?
Honestly, I've been playing Forza for days now and while I've sort of enjoyed it so far, I must admit, everytime I want to drive in the rain or at night, I glance towards the ps3 and gt5 and think.."Should I..?".
Everytime I go for a drive, I think about how to navigate a corner, and I think why doesn't this feel like...
Everytime I navigate a screen I think " Do I have time to make a cuppa..?
Everytime I want to go online...I can't cause I have to get xb live...
Everytime I want to buy a car, why is there no go kart mode? or do this race, why is there no top gear track? just vids? or that race... why is there no special rac- it's just not GT.

It certainly has been a disappointment thus far and I honestly wish it wasn't. Forza has been the best sim this generation until Gt5 came along. I feel for Turn 10 having worked so long and hard on the game only to have it fall short of expectations for many.

Anyway, the x360 will be packed up and stored away shortly so I can just boot up gt5 and just go for a drive in a formula one car.
I hope we get to see and hear some new info regarding GT6 very soon.

:lol
It really fucked me off when i found out that I couldnt even use the fucking auction house without an XBL gold membership. Lucky for me, I had like, a half dozen 48 hour Gold trials scattered all over the place.

XiaNaphryz

RSTEIN said:
Physics[No analysis performed yet]
Not sure how many sites will actually do a proper, comprehensive comparison on this one. Just browsing some sim forums, I've seen a couple people say GT5's physics are about on par with rFactor, but still not up to the level of a Netkar or RBR.

Shaneus

Is there any relation to physics and telemetry? If so, how could Forza be so comprehensive with showing it to you yet not be as accurate as GT, which doesn't show anything (except for G's) yet folks say it feels better?

mil6es

Stallion Free said:
Yeah the game looks so much better than Forza. No they both look shitty during the actual gameplay.

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-520.jpg

why do people always post shitty compressed screen shots, If you'd ever played the game you would know it looks considerably better than that.......

fanboys will be fanboys I guess

Shaneus said:
Is there any relation to physics and telemetry? If so, how could Forza be so comprehensive with showing it to you yet not be as accurate as GT, which doesn't show anything (except for G's) yet folks say it feels better?

Showing things doesn't mean they're implemented properly.

Top Bottom