• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

CozMick

Banned
Salacious Crumb said:
It's an extra special experience when you beat those 15 other people to the finish line :p

That was because you were from Aus, the lag was....................oh wait there wasn't any :p

Well, It's because Xater blinded my FOV with his 50ft long tyre smoke before crashing into the barrier :D

Oh fuck it, Fair play.

i hate you

Willectro

Banned
CozMick said:
Exactly, Go rent a copy of GT5, install it, update it, fix the time on your ps3, grind until you have something better than a honda civic and then 2 days later jump online with 15 other gaffers, set up a <350bhp race on the Nurburgring and then get back to me.

You ain't never seen or played anything like it.

Fixed.

nib95

Banned
Shogun PaiN said:
According to your Xbox Live profile you haven't played Forza 3. Whats all that about?

Says the guy who hasn't even played GT5 yet. Come on, both of you are jokers. Lets have some impressions and comments from some serious gamers already. I'm interested in what the rFactor people have to say. I read some comments earlier with PC sim fans praising GT5's physics.

ShogunX

nib95 said:
Says the guy who hasn't even played GT5 yet. Come on, both of you are jokers. Lets have some impressions and comments from some serious gamers already. I'm interested in what the rFactor people have to say. I read some comments earlier with PC sim fans praising GT5's physics.

Says the guy who hasn't completed a single season in Forza 3 and hasn't played the game very much at all. Welcome to the joker club. Shurs too.

nib95

Banned
Shogun PaiN said:
Says the guy who hasn't completed a single season in Forza 3 and hasn't played the game very much at all. Welcome to the joker club. Shurs too.

I put several hours in to it. And several weeks in to Forza 2. That's enough. I actually thought F2's handling physics were better than F3's. F3's seemed more forgiving and arcadey, and at times it was difficult to spin certain cars even with assists off. It's like it had perma driving assist on or something.

I made the same comments on the games release and even the demo's release too.

ShogunX

nib95 said:
I put several hours in to it. And several weeks in to Forza 2. That's enough.

Well I have easily over 500 hours in the GT franchise so that's enough for me too.

Snuggler said:
you know a discussion has gone into the shitter when people are investigating other people's gamercards

Those who live in glass houses and all that.

Baby Milo said:
:lol Gt has 10 reviews on gamerankings and Nowgamer and 4 player are expert opinions now

I roll Metacritic - 21 review goodness.

Baby Milo

Shogun PaiN said:
Forza doesn't need a White Knight. According the the critics and the head to heads so far it's the better game.
:lol Gt has 10 reviews on gamerankings and Nowgamer and 4 player are expert opinions now

Ashes

Banned
will52 said:
"grind until you have something better than a honda civic"

How's your reading?

Still. It took you 2 days to grind untill you have something better? You can literally have enough credits, after an hour or two depending on what you do. I guess if you play the one hour a day at your friends house... Maybe, you just couldn't stand the game for more than an hour at a time... :p

nib95

Banned
Shogun PaiN said:
Well I have easily over 500 hours in the GT franchise so that's enough for me too.

Those who live in glass houses and all that.

GT4 is not even close to the game GT5 is. Besides the presentation values and some shared visual assets, the physics etc themselves are completely re-vamped. GT5 makes GT4 seem like Outrun.

ShogunX

nib95 said:
GT4 is not even close to the game GT5 is. Besides the presentation values and some shared visual assets, the physics etc themselves are completely re-vamped. GT5 makes GT4 seem like Outrun.

Some of the cars in GT5 look like they are from Outrun so who's to know?

will52 said:
I was driving my 2005 BMW 330i to work today and got t-boned by an 18 wheeler. I would've been killed, but my car isn't premium so there wasn't a single scratch.

:lol :lol :lol

beast786 said:
I hope you dont work at night. Because in some games that just doesnt happens.

ShogunX

nib95 said:
Well, like I said before, if you'd actually played GT5, you would.

Ashes1396 said:
how would you know? from screenshots in this thread or from pics in prologue? :p
only messin... :p

Well guys Ive installed the game and now Im watching the intro with moving factory parts and stuff.

Oh and Ashes what's your gamertag? You seem like a fun guy to play on Live with
teufel021.gif

-viper-

Banned
I've got both games. If you were a fan of Forza 3, then I can't possibly find why you wouldn't like GT5 either. The driving model is simply fantastic and the game most importantly feels fun <-- a feature missing from the previous two GT games; Prologue and GT4.

FrankT

saladine1 said:
It's time to accept it and move on...
:
1z38d2x.jpg

Definitive indeed. Comedy gold this thread.

RSTEIN said:
Updated:

29ntnd5.jpg

Reviews
Game Rankings
Forza 3: 92%
GT5: 88%

Meta Critic
Forza 3: 92%
GT5: 86%

Head-to-Head Comparisons

NowGamer: Forza 3

4Players: Forza 3

Jalopnik: Forza 3

Technical Analysis

Physics[No analysis performed yet]

Please point to any more that you find.

Should be interesting to see when everyone has their say, all the comparisons are made, where the chips ultimately fall.

jett said:
edit: man forget it i'm too tired to get into this crap

Ah outrun pics, what's it gonna hurt at this point. :lol

ShogunX

jett said:
edit: man forget it i'm too tired to get into this crap

Touche :lol - I see your Outrun comparison and raise you -

jett said:
I've never played a Forza game. Can someone tell me how does the single-player campaign work, compared to GT?

jett said:
Seems like Forza 3 wins.

Kazunori Yamauchi is incapable of caring about anything other than how pretty the cars look. Fucking piece of shit campaign mode in GT5 is the exact same fucking thing as it was in GT1, 2, 3 and 4, where's the goddamn evolution. I grew tired of randomly clicking around some crap world map five years ago in GT4.

ZGTSO.jpg

Oh wait your too tired.

jett

D-Member
Shogun PaiN said:
Touche :lol - I see your Outrun comparison and raise you -

http://i.imgur.com/ZGTSO.jpg[IMG]

Oh wait your too tired.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know what you're trying to do here with those quotes. Game progression in the GT is stagnant has been the same thing for 13 years, naturally I was disappointed and somewhat angry when I found GT5 was the same as every other GT game. Those quotes are more than a year old. Hell I'll re-edit my earlier post to what it was, since there's no stopping you. :P

CozMick said:
Don't be bitter about that C4 rally :p

:lol

Salacious Crumb said:
It's an extra special experience when you beat those 15 other people to the finish line :p

It was close between us but I did spin out in your slipstream at some point! :lol

Seriously, this game online is as real as you can get to an actual racing experience. Fucking amazing.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I wish that there was a gang based mmo gta style game called factions, the GT 5 crew on one side the FM 3 crew on the other, only allow bats/fists as weapons , the carnage would be ungodly.

I am picturing it in my head :lol :lol :lol It's a fucking riot.

Shogun chasing down nib and shit, jett being the wildcard depending on his mood.

Slayer-33 said:
I wish that there was a gang based mmo gta style game called factions, the GT 5 crew on one side the FM 3 crew on the other, only allow bats/fists as weapons , the carnage would be ungodly.

I am picturing it in my head :lol :lol :lol It's a fucking riot.

Shogun chasing down nib and shit, jett being the wildcard depending on his mood.

We need KNCA news level commentary as well.

"The glorious forces of the shining light of GT5 will crush the imperialist forza puppet belligerents with the might of our race leader Yamauchi. With surging hearts and clear minds characteristic of the superior driving philosophy, we shall drive them out with a great plentiful of taunts and pictures designed to showcase the folly of their malicious and warmongering ways."

LCfiner

I’ve been plaiting a lot of GT5 lately. this thread makes me want to go back to Forza for a quick spin. I got a craving for some Fujimi Kaido action!

I don't want to be the guy who keeps harping on the issue... but I've been playing GT5 for a while today, really, really enjoying it. Working through licenses, doing races, unlocking cars/paint etc. For a while I completely forget about the technical issues and enjoy everything about the game.

Then I decide to go to Car Delivery and receive a few cars. Besides the awful-design decisions behind winning, selecting and receiving cars... I see that I have a Tommy Kaira(sp?) ZZ waiting for me. I choose it and have a look in the garage with excitement. WTF is this shit. How did that model/car get past quality assurance... it's fucking hideous next to most of the standard cars I have seen... let alone the premium ones.

So very disappointed in PD's design decisions... enjoying the game for what it's worth however. Not sure which game I'm preferring thus far, certainly the customisation, cockpits and livery editor are something I am missing greatly. But the physics/handling model really feels awesome in GT5, and I'm looking forward to getting into the supercars on some of the more epic tracks.

Having played a fair bit with GT I find myself wishing they'd spent a little less time on the (admittedly unparalleled) photo mode and a bit more time on the in game stuff. There's all sorts of annoying graphical glitches, and I've had to switch to 720p to try and reduce the tearing (it's still fairly noticeable, but not as bad as 1080p was).

That's before getting into some of the utterly bizarre UI / flow related issues.

Willectro

Banned
LCfiner said:
I’ve been plaiting a lot of GT5 lately. this thread makes me want to go back to Forza for a quick spin. I got a craving for some Fujimi Kaido action!

It's not the thread that makes you want to go back to Forza.

LCfiner

will52 said:
It's not the thread that makes you want to go back to Forza.

it must’ve been the chip I had implanted in my brain during my vacation in Redmond.

with that said, off I go to play some games.

jett

D-Member
Sweet jesus that looks like shit. Polyphony should've been more discerning with the crap they've imported into GT5. Some standards actually look passable:

sbhpb6.jpg

Anything below that should've been excised from the game.

chris0701

This thread was meant to troll FM 3 ,completely let FM 3 into another embrassing level never before,at least two weeks ago.

Now everything is changed.

Top Bottom